PDA

View Full Version : Adding a snap loop to a sheath

breakingtime91
10-20-2019, 05:24 PM
I got a knife made for myself as a college graduation gift. The knife maker made it with a sheath but the knife releases a little too quickly for my liking. Anyone know how I could add a snap loop to it? Could even be a pull a dot.

Duelist
10-20-2019, 05:32 PM
I got a knife made for myself as a college graduation gift. The knife maker made it with a sheath but the knife releases a little too quickly for my liking. Anyone know how I could add a snap loop to it? Could even be a pull a dot.

Got a picture of the sheathe?

breakingtime91
10-20-2019, 05:46 PM

Duelist
10-20-2019, 06:49 PM
K. The belt loop could get a loop attached to it that would go all the way around the handle, just above the mouth of the sheathe, and would have the snap parts on either end of the loop. That would be the easiest way to do it, and is probably what I would do.

The other way I can see to do it would be to pull the stitching down the side, punch and set a snap in the sheathe on the front of the sheathe body, and stitch a piece of leather to the back, then stitch the body back together and put the outside part of the snap on the part of the strap that would retain the handle by the guard. That would only work if there is a guard on the grip, or if there is a finger guard integral to the blade.

This could be done also, not a snap, but a brass stud.

Have you asked the maker if he will add a loop to it?

Shoot me a PM if you want someone to do it for you, and he’s not interested.