PDA

View Full Version : Beretta 92 with Red Dot cut

nate89
10-17-2019, 05:30 PM
I was on instagram today and saw a picture from JJ Racaza of a 92x with a red dot. The one thing keeping me from dumping the 226 and going to the beretta was the red dot, and hopefully this will meander its way to the other models as an option. Just an interesting post and figured others would like to see it as well. 43732

Doc_Glock
10-17-2019, 06:10 PM
Would like to know more. e_stern?

El Cid
10-17-2019, 06:56 PM
Seems to me the 92X Performance does better with this because the safety is on the frame. It also doesn’t look like they cut the slide so much as used a mount that is rounded underneath to fit the slide.

JSGlock34
10-17-2019, 07:09 PM
Kinda looks like this (and it is a Fastfire in the picture), but the description says it replaces the rear sight.

92 Series Docter Red Dot Sight Mount by Burris
(http://estore.beretta.com/en-eu/92-series-docter-red-dot-sight-mount-by-burris-/)
http://estore.beretta.com/assets/0/15/DimLarge/DB4103241.jpg

Rverdi
10-17-2019, 07:15 PM
I’d say a rounded flush mount. The configuration of the firing pin safety on the 92 is going to make a cut very difficult. I believe LTT is trying to engineer a work around.

El Cid
10-17-2019, 07:35 PM
As much as I love the lines of the 92’s... if someone designed a new slide that covered the barrel at least partly, it could be flat enough for any optic on the market. Some kind of “bridge” for lack of a better term.

Of course there’s no free lunch. Finding suitable holsters would be a nightmare.

CraigS
10-18-2019, 06:58 AM
If they just mount the adapter on top of the slide, it seems that it's thickness might be just about equal to the distance the firing pin block rises. So no problem. But since most all others machine the slide I wonder how long that will stay fixed vs the machined slides.

HCM
10-18-2019, 11:05 AM
As much as I love the lines of the 92’s... if someone designed a new slide that covered the barrel at least partly, it could be flat enough for any optic on the market. Some kind of “bridge” for lack of a better term.

Of course there’s no free lunch. Finding suitable holsters would be a nightmare.

Closed slide Beretta 92 = Llama 82.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Llama_M82

Tokarev
10-18-2019, 11:56 AM

There was a slide sold years ago (Prometheus Design? I can't remember the outfit) that was supposedly made for the SEALs. It was a closed design to supposedly help keep sand out.

Steven T
10-18-2019, 12:17 PM
There was a slide sold years ago (Prometheus Design? I can't remember the outfit) that was supposedly made for the SEALs. It was a closed design to supposedly help keep sand out.

I think it was Phobrus? Searched but can't find anything online.

Tokarev
10-18-2019, 12:46 PM
I think it was Phobrus? Searched but can't find anything online.Yeah I'm not having any luck either. Found some pics of airsoft guns but nothing on the actual M9 enclosed slides.

From what I remember these were available through Shotgun News and were supposed to have been developed at the Navy's request. Other than that I'm drawing a blank.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Suvorov
10-18-2019, 12:47 PM
Didn’t the South Africans make a closed slide Beretta as well?

Tokarev
10-18-2019, 01:10 PM
Didn’t the South Africans make a closed slide Beretta as well?Vektor SP1 I think.

Sal Picante
10-18-2019, 02:11 PM
Vektor SP1 I think.

It also has an angled/sloped slide, however. Not an ideal mounting point for an optic

Steven T
10-18-2019, 02:37 PM
The name was Phobris! Tokarev was right there are some pictures of an airsoft slide that looks close to what I remember.
Although it has probably been 30 years.

HCountyGuy
10-18-2019, 03:02 PM
Y’all talking about a M9 “Dolphin”?

David S.
10-18-2019, 04:40 PM
Beretta 93r?

Steven T
10-18-2019, 07:52 PM
[QUOTE=HCountyGuy;944594]Y’all talking about a M9 “Dolphin”?

Yes Sir I believe thats it.

JR1572
10-18-2019, 08:15 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191019/f85b084ebc831f3b373e24476e6e3ac0.jpg

Bucky
10-19-2019, 02:41 AM
Y’all talking about a M9 “Dolphin”?

That is interesting, but I’m not sure how that would make mounting an optic any easier.

LangdonTactical
03-17-2020, 06:01 PM
I was on instagram today and saw a picture from JJ Racaza of a 92x with a red dot. The one thing keeping me from dumping the 226 and going to the beretta was the red dot, and hopefully this will meander its way to the other models as an option. Just an interesting post and figured others would like to see it as well. 43732

Ours is going to be sooooooo much better than that!

JonInWA
03-17-2020, 06:17 PM

Color me extremely interested, LTT....To what extent can uy enlighten us at this stage, and do you have a tentative launch date? Best, Jon

SeriousStudent
03-17-2020, 06:55 PM

We shall, of course, send you oodles of cash as soon as you let us.

David S.
03-17-2020, 07:48 PM
Such a tease.

EVP
03-17-2020, 07:54 PM
Yes,Please!!!!!

CLaw
03-17-2020, 10:03 PM

What?!

That’s it. I’m all in. Please... I’m ready. I’ll take two or three.

Magsz
03-17-2020, 10:46 PM
Patent-pending as of about two weeks ago. The mounting plate will be right above the extractor, which is as low as you can go on the 92 without a new slide altogether. Most of the parts in the back of the slide will be replaced to make room for the plate. I am pretty proud of this design, it's been a long time coming and lots of hours in Solidworks figuring this one out.

That's all the info I am going to hand out right now. It should make a lot of people happy, and maybe a few people mad :)

Hrm. You know, i just picked up an LTT 92 after years of not owning a Beretta and watching the development of the LTT itself. For the last two years ive been heavily invested in learning to shoot Red Dots and the hardest thing for me was going "backwards" with the LTT and having to go back to irons. Not because its some sort of handicap, or inferior but only because I'm enjoying the red dot life. The fact that you're working on something for us makes me exceedingly happy.

Can you tease a VERY ROUGH release time frame for us?

David S.
03-18-2020, 05:29 AM
Hrm. Can you tease a VERY ROUGH release time frame for us?

#Soon (https://pistol-forum.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=Soon) . ;)

Hambo
03-18-2020, 06:22 AM
Patent-pending as of about two weeks ago. The mounting plate will be right above the extractor, which is as low as you can go on the 92 without a new slide altogether. Most of the parts in the back of the slide will be replaced to make room for the plate. I am pretty proud of this design, it's been a long time coming and lots of hours in Solidworks figuring this one out.

That's all the info I am going to hand out right now. It should make a lot of people happy, and maybe a few people mad :)

Just post the pre-order link and take my money.

Caballoflaco
03-18-2020, 06:47 AM
Well now, maybe I won’t be selling my m9a3 after all.

LockedBreech
03-18-2020, 09:39 AM

Duuuuuuuude!

SeriousStudent
03-18-2020, 10:13 AM
This will be sweet. I have two slides ready to mail in. If this is compatible with the G decocker, make that three slides.

Vista461
03-18-2020, 11:11 AM

Will this work on a 92A1 too?
***prays it will***

Medusa
03-18-2020, 12:09 PM
If it turns out I won’t have to divest from my beloved 92 platform if I ever decide a red dot is needed...I’ll be a very happy woman indeed. This is awesome.

Yung
03-18-2020, 01:39 PM
I wished in my heart that it would be sooner rather than later.
Never looking back.

Trooper224
03-18-2020, 02:32 PM
We may be headed for the apocalypse, but this is good news.

LangdonTactical
03-18-2020, 06:47 PM
Will this work on a 92A1 too?
***prays it will***

Yep, it should work on any 92/96 F or G slide.

SW CQB 45
03-18-2020, 07:06 PM
well fudge.... I thought my buying days were over.

Gonna need another 507cV2

EL, can you also design a Level 3 duty holster that will fit an RDS LTT!!!!!!!! :p ;) :cool:

LangdonTactical
03-19-2020, 12:05 PM
well fudge.... I thought my buying days were over.

Gonna need another 507cV2

EL, can you also design a Level 3 duty holster that will fit an RDS LTT!!!!!!!! :p ;) :cool:

No, but I know someone who can.

nate89
03-19-2020, 10:52 PM

That's all the info I am going to hand out right now. It should make a lot of people happy, and maybe a few people mad :)I remember I mentioned in class in Salt Lake the same idea that I posted in the original post, that if I could get a red dot on a Beretta 92 I'd leave the 226/229. I think even back then you mentioned you were working on a design, so I'm very glad to see it coming to fruition. I told a friend of mine about the LTT,and he just got his np3 matching set in today, so maybe he'll have to get a couple more when the red dot mount is ready!

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

usmc_k9_vet
04-02-2020, 05:40 AM
Well shoot! This is good news. Looking forward to hearing more when more info is available. I’ve got a Wilson 92G Compact Carry and I wonder if, in the (hopefully) near future, I can send it to LTT for this new mount, a full work over (trigger job, carry bevel, NP3, refinish, etc.), then slap an RMR or Holosun on top. Sounds like what could be the ultimate carry gun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coyote41
04-02-2020, 11:52 AM
Where is that “shut up and take my money” meme?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shorikid
04-03-2020, 05:42 PM
Where is that “shut up and take my money” meme?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWe are too busy selling our souls for money to post memes?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Duke
04-03-2020, 06:12 PM
We are too busy selling our souls for money to post memes?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Nah I made this one today after one of my kids knocked over a cup of coffee in my office

37th Mass
04-12-2020, 11:18 AM
Yep, it should work on any 92/96 F or G slide.

Earnest, Will it work on a compact? The night sights on my old 92G Compact are dead, and I can't get them relamped. A Red Dot could be a great option.

LangdonTactical
04-15-2020, 05:43 PM
Earnest, Will it work on a compact? The night sights on my old 92G Compact are dead, and I can't get them relamped. A Red Dot could be a great option.

Yes, the slides are the same from the breach face back.

37th Mass
04-15-2020, 11:00 PM

Great! PM me when you are ready for me to mail you my slide! :cool:

snow white
04-25-2020, 09:20 AM

Yes please let us know when you are able to do this as a service. I will be sending my compact in immediately. I already have a rds sitting in its box waiting to be mounted on my LTT compact.

LHS
06-09-2020, 08:06 PM
Well hello there...

EVP
06-10-2020, 09:36 PM
I am really looking forward to seeing how this comes together and any details that are released.

Can’t help but think a Elite LTT with a dot would make a excellent combo.

Vista461
06-11-2020, 12:24 AM
I’m just praying the hood on a 6280 will clear the sight. I’ll notch out the front of the holster. Then I’m in for my work gun too.

Beretta92x
07-07-2020, 07:18 PM

Any updates on an ETA or did covid screw up the patent offices really badly?

rcbusmc24
07-07-2020, 07:28 PM
Well.... There goes the last reason I was holding onto some MOS Glocks still....

And I think it's still appropriate to say "soon"....

GotWhatINeed
07-07-2020, 07:33 PM
Torn on whether I should get an Elite LTT from Langdon now, or wait until he announces his plans for a 92 optic cut

Beretta92x
07-07-2020, 08:06 PM
Torn on whether I should get an Elite LTT from Langdon now, or wait until he announces his plans for a 92 optic cut

Honestly even with iron sights the gun is amazing. I have the centurion version with the np3 and its such an amazing trigger. So much better then any striker fired trigger. The fact Langdon Tactical barely charges more then the base price of the msrp of their guns its a no brainier to me. They dont price gauge you and give you a great product. Unless you are totally against iron sights i would go for it.

The px4 can be had with a red dot, but there still is no iron sights that will work as back ups. Not sure any company plans on doing anything about it given that the gun just isnt that popular.

LangdonTactical
07-22-2020, 09:12 AM
OK, everything is up on YouTube, and the site should be live for orders. Right now, we can sell complete guns, and we can take in your slides for modification. New slides are coming, so hopefully, we will be able to sell slides and top ends in the coming weeks. Right now, we are only going to work on Vertec style slides. So that means Vertecs, M9A3, Elite LTTs, 92X, and also 92A1/96A1. The reason for this is the CNC machines are set up and programmed for that deck hight as well as the way the adaptor plates are made. We have done our best to keep the price down, but keep in mind we have to rebuild the top end on every gun, no matter how new it is. The new Firing pin, new firing pin block, new extractor pin, Modified G lever, and modified safety plunger all have to be swapped out. Not to mention we include the backup iron sights as well as screws for both RMR and Holosun dots.

If you go to the YouTube videos, you can see the full drop test we did on the gun as well to prove the slide internal parts. 6 drops onto the hammer from 6 feet onto concrete. If you think the drop test video I did years ago was sickening, just wait.

The bottom line, I am super proud of this project. This has been a long road and a huge investment on our part to make this happen. I really think it is going to be exactly what you all want.

LHS
07-22-2020, 12:25 PM
OK, everything is up on YouTube, and the site should be live for orders. Right now, we can sell complete guns, and we can take in your slides for modification. New slides are coming, so hopefully, we will be able to sell slides and top ends in the coming weeks. Right now, we are only going to work on Vertec style slides. So that means Vertecs, M9A3, Elite LTTs, 92X, and also 92A1/96A1. The reason for this is the CNC machines are set up and programmed for that deck hight as well as the way the adaptor plates are made. We have done our best to keep the price down, but keep in mind we have to rebuild the top end on every gun, no matter how new it is. The new Firing pin, new firing pin block, new extractor pin, Modified G lever, and modified safety plunger all have to be swapped out. Not to mention we include the backup iron sights as well as screws for both RMR and Holosun dots.

If you go to the YouTube videos, you can see the full drop test we did on the gun as well to prove the slide internal parts. 6 drops onto the hammer from 6 feet onto concrete. If you think the drop test video I did years ago was sickening, just wait.

The bottom line, I am super proud of this project. This has been a long road and a huge investment on our part to make this happen. I really think it is going to be exactly what you all want.

That means the Wilson Centurion slides will work as well, correct? AFAIK they're just a compact Vertec slide.

LangdonTactical
07-22-2020, 01:07 PM
That means the Wilson Centurion slides will work as well, correct? AFAIK they're just a compact Vertec slide.

Yes, we can do those slides as well. Again, if it is a Vertec based slide with the front dovetail, we can do it.

JSGlock34
07-30-2020, 07:10 PM
New slides are coming, so hopefully, we will be able to sell slides and top ends in the coming weeks.

I'm looking forward to slides becoming available.

rcbusmc24
07-31-2020, 07:54 PM

Got my new hotness in today... Thanks LTT!

Beretta92x
07-31-2020, 08:05 PM

Got my new hotness in today... Thanks LTT!

Damn that was quick, did you just buy the gun or was the slide milling that quick a turn around?

rcbusmc24
07-31-2020, 08:18 PM
Damn that was quick, did you just buy the gun or was the slide milling that quick a turn around?

Bought the whole gun. Ordered it on the 24th, arrived today. The 31st...

03RN
08-01-2020, 10:29 PM

Since my m9a1 compact slide is off the docket do you have a eta of compact slides for sale sans barrel?

LangdonTactical
08-03-2020, 05:22 PM
Since my m9a1 compact slide is off the docket do you have a eta of compact slides for sale sans barrel?

We hope to have slides within a month or so.

Beretta92x
08-03-2020, 05:25 PM

Going to get in a few compact slides as well?

CLaw
08-03-2020, 06:30 PM
Is there any issues with swapping slides back and forth, barrel fit, and barrel wear?

03RN
08-03-2020, 11:57 PM

Awesome!

LangdonTactical
08-04-2020, 11:17 AM
Is there any issues with swapping slides back and forth, barrel fit, and barrel wear?

I would highly recommend that you are changing a whole top end and not just the slide. The frame will likely be fine if it is in good condition, but swapping barrels around and playing adult legos with your Beretta 92 can lead to issues. At the very least, your used barrel should get a new locking block to go with your new slide.

Speaking of "Adult Legos," I see people on here all the time doing the lego thing; "look, I can put my brigader slide on my compact frame; it's my favorite" .......Don't do that!

Full-size slides go onto full-size frames.

Centurion and compact slides go on the centurion and compact frames.

You should not build yourself a Centurion by putting a compact slide on your full-size frame, or vice versa! There are multiple differences between them.

CLaw
08-04-2020, 08:05 PM
Thank you. I was wondering why there would be a benefit to buying a slide instead of sending off your current slide to get milled. Sounds like sending my current slide in would be a better option.

I would highly recommend that you are changing a whole top end and not just the slide. The frame will likely be fine if it is in good condition, but swapping barrels around and playing adult legos with your Beretta 92 can lead to issues. At the very least, your used barrel should get a new locking block to go with your new slide.

Speaking of "Adult Legos," I see people on here all the time doing the lego thing; "look, I can put my brigader slide on my compact frame; it's my favorite" .......Don't do that!

You should not build yourself a Centurion by putting a compact slide on your full-size frame, or vice versa! There are multiple differences between them.

AdioSS
08-04-2020, 11:56 PM

I’ve done the Centurion conversion to a fullsize frame a few times. First was with an M9 frame and a 96 Cent upper. It worked, but I didn’t shoot it very much before I swapped a 96D Brigadier upper on.
2nd time was using 90-two frame because it has the built in buffer. But again, I didn’t put very many rounds through it & it now has another 96D Brigadier upper on it. (The original 90-two upper is on a 96A1 lower with the Dash controls.)

The last time I “made” a Centurion the right way. Using a genuine Centurion frame as a guide I cut back the frame rails a bit and also cut back the shelf inside of the dust cover to allow the shorter slide to get the longer travel that Beretta engineers decided was a good thing. I also used the correct takedown lever that moves the head of the guiderod back a little. I’m also planning on doing a few more mods to the frame like those that come on the LTT Elite.

And then I bought another factory 96D Centurion to convert to DA/SA.

beenalongtime
08-05-2020, 09:42 AM

Do you plan on offering them RD ready only, or plain? (Still debating about sending in my Centurion one, verses the stainless, but if you're only offering the new ones, red dot ready only, then I might be better to wait).

Thank you.

Tim92G
08-05-2020, 10:53 AM
Anyone received their slide back from LTT?