PDA

View Full Version : Polish National Police select Beretta APX

Kyle Reese
10-13-2019, 05:31 PM
As their new service handgun. I like the APX, and think that it will serve the Polish police well.

https://www.guns.com/news/2019/10/11/beretta-apx-wins-major-european-police-contract

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Squib308
10-14-2019, 08:18 AM
also a fan of the APX although 2 grievances that I do think may limit effectiveness in heavy use

1. trigger return spring feels weak. wimpy TRS in any pistol just bugs me. while I dont put much stock in MAC’s torture tests, with the APX he quickly has to manually reset the trigger. I worry that debris especially sand will be an issue. I have no personal data on this just speculation.

2. slide serrations look cool but not very functional

El Cid
10-14-2019, 03:54 PM
I like my APX ok but will probably sell it this year or next. It’s a fine pistol but I just don’t find it has any real advantage over the Glock.

I did find the article interesting in that it says the Glock that competed was the Gen 3...??

HCM
10-14-2019, 04:22 PM
I like my APX ok but will probably sell it this year or next. It’s a fine pistol but I just don’t find it has any real advantage over the Glock.

This is the only reason I don’t own an APX. They are fugly but shoot great.

Maple Syrup Actual
10-14-2019, 09:15 PM
I did some testing with the APX. The one thing that I liked which I thought was an improvement over other polymer service pistols was the slide. It's probably the best surface for racking while muddy, bloody or otherwise floody that I have used, while still managing to be non-abrasive.

And I did find it to be a shooter, all right.

Duelist
10-15-2019, 02:21 AM
I did some testing with the APX. The one thing that I liked which I thought was an improvement over other polymer service pistols was the slide. It's probably the best surface for racking while muddy, bloody or otherwise floody that I have used, while still managing to be non-abrasive.

And I did find it to be a shooter, all right.

I liked the one I shot quite well. SCD keeps me leaning to the Glock world for striker fired guns, but I liked the APX if I wasn’t going to worry about that, or if someone came up with a way to positively lock the striker on the APX.

PaulDenton
10-15-2019, 03:10 AM
I liked the one I shot quite well. SCD keeps me leaning to the Glock world for striker fired guns, but I liked the APX if I wasn’t going to worry about that, or if someone came up with a way to positively lock the striker on the APX.

Beretta is apparently going to release a thumb safety conversion kit soon.

jetfire
10-15-2019, 03:16 AM
also a fan of the APX although 2 grievances that I do think may limit effectiveness in heavy use

1. trigger return spring feels weak. wimpy TRS in any pistol just bugs me. while I dont put much stock in MAC’s torture tests, with the APX he quickly has to manually reset the trigger. I worry that debris especially sand will be an issue. I have no personal data on this just speculation.

2. slide serrations look cool but not very functional

Not that I'm biased, but MAC is a fucking hack who intentionally sets guns up for failure and then cries about it when manufacturers don't want to give him stuff for free.

Also, I've found the slide serrations to actually be quite useful for manipulations under less than optimal conditions. In shooting both the APX RDO and the Centurion extensively, I've not had any issues with the TRS or the slide.

Disclosure: Beretta sent me three APXs and a grip of magazines for free. I liked them so much I actually bought a fourth APX with my own money.

Bucky
10-15-2019, 03:20 AM
Hopefully this gun will continue to gain traction. The big disadvantage for me to GLOCK, as well as the M&P and P320 is the aftermarket support.

FreedomFries
10-15-2019, 05:15 PM
I do really like that you can just order the manual safety kit from the BUSA online store. I don't know of any major brand striker fired pistol where the end user can customize this on their own and just get the parts easily from the manufacturer. The M2.0 can be switched to manual safety or no safety as well, but S&W doesn't support the end user to install their own manual safety and wouldn't sell me the parts or provide this service. The P320 apparently needs to have the FCU milled to accept a manual safety and doesn't seem to be something you can readily convert back and forth on your own.

Unfortunately, the grip feels really small on the APX even with the large backstrap. I traded mine in for something else.

Greg
10-15-2019, 07:50 PM
l

Shilling ain’t easy....

Ed L
10-15-2019, 08:00 PM
Not that I'm biased, but MAC is a fucking hack who intentionally sets guns up for failure and then cries about it when manufacturers don't want to give him stuff for free.

Can you elaborate on that.

I am not a fan of his.

jetfire
10-16-2019, 03:40 AM
Can you elaborate on that.

I am not a fan of his.

I’m honestly not sure what is and isn’t inside baseball on this topic, but a good example is how the VP9 “failed” his contrived tests, but the AREX somehow didn’t, and oh look he has AREX pistols for sale in his webstore at the same time? Come on.

Plus there was the whole “Agents of the NRA” thing

JTQ
10-16-2019, 07:33 AM
Unfortunately, the grip feels really small on the APX even with the large backstrap.

To me, that's one of the big plusses of the APX. In the category of duty size handguns, there is no shortage of options for guns with large grips, but the APX does offer an option for those that prefer a shorter trigger reach.

LittleLebowski
10-16-2019, 07:39 AM
I’m honestly not sure what is and isn’t inside baseball on this topic, but a good example is how the VP9 “failed” his contrived tests, but the AREX somehow didn’t, and oh look he has AREX pistols for sale in his webstore at the same time? Come on.

That sounds like what an Agent of the NRA would say.

CWM11B
10-16-2019, 07:46 AM
I'm a fan of the APX. As for "sum dood" on the internet "testing" anything, I take it with a grain of salt. I know as fact from two reliable (to me) sources that the APX did VERY well on the MHS testing. I have always been careful to refer to my selection process as an evaluation rather than a test. In my mind the two terms are very different. I'm not a scientist nor HP White, and thet goes double for nearly all the you tube cranks I've seen. At best, just entertainment in my book.

jetfire
10-17-2019, 02:42 AM
That sounds like what an Agent of the NRA would say.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

e_stern
10-17-2019, 09:05 AM
Beretta is apparently going to release a thumb safety conversion kit soon.

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/apx-grip-frame-safety-apx-grip-frame-safety/e02588/

spinmove_
10-17-2019, 10:12 AM
https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/apx-grip-frame-safety-apx-grip-frame-safety/e02588/

That’s actually pretty cool. I’m assuming it’s ambi? How wide are they and do you have pics showing their profile on both sides?

e_stern
10-17-2019, 10:30 AM
That’s actually pretty cool. I’m assuming it’s ambi? How wide are they and do you have pics showing their profile on both sides?

It is. I don't have the exact spec, but I can measure it in a couple of weeks when I'm back in office.

Watch the video on the page for a good view in the hands of the armorer showing the swap, that'll provide some scale.

Kyle Reese
10-17-2019, 10:57 AM
It is. I don't have the exact spec, but I can measure it in a couple of weeks when I'm back in office.

Watch the video on the page for a good view in the hands of the armorer showing the swap, that'll provide some scale.

Erik,
Great to see you on here, brother!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rjohnson4405
10-17-2019, 11:39 AM
Anyone know if those kits will fit compacts or carry? I could see a fullsize and compact as competition and carry options if they both have safeties.

Ed L
10-17-2019, 10:01 PM

Agreed, thanks. I don't know what's inside baseball.

jetfire
10-18-2019, 03:14 AM
Agreed, thanks. I don't know what's inside baseball.

"Inside baseball" - industry information that's supposed to be close-hold for whatever reason.

Chuck Whitlock
10-19-2019, 12:34 PM

Anyone know if those kits will fit compacts or carry? I could see a fullsize and compact as competition and carry options if they both have safeties.

Erik,

It appears that the kit includes a new grip module...which appears to be of the finger groove variety.

I'd be interested in one for a Centurion, or even a full size without finger grooves.