PDA

View Full Version : SVI Infinity “cowitness” 2011

Duke
10-12-2019, 11:14 AM
The slide the is wider to accomplish a direct mill for the RMR with a small sight built in

It’s about $6k the way think I’ll spec it out. So yummy

I’ll have it......

Zman001
10-12-2019, 03:14 PM
Why have front slide serrations on the frame? Isn't that counterproductive?

backtrail540
10-12-2019, 06:37 PM
#SAPOSSE (https://pistol-forum.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=SAPOSSE) now? :cool:

Duke
10-12-2019, 11:07 PM
#SAPOSSE (https://pistol-forum.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=SAPOSSE) now? :cool:

Im looking for an advantage. Think I found it

RevolverRob
10-12-2019, 11:27 PM
Looks sweet. What's it going to do that an STI DVC P doesn't? Besides cost 2-3k more?

I love me some SVIs and I'm looking hard at having one built for my birthday next year. Just not sure burying the optic is gaining much. Not when the DVC P has the new Dawson designed mount and is SRO compatible.

Have you looked at Atlas Gunworks yet?

You're walking a dangerous path, my friend...once you realize how much better the new STIs are and as a result, with SVI and Atlas using the new Gen 2 mags, how much better those guns are...it's tough. Hilton Yam is discovering that and drinking the Kool-Aid now, he just spent a few days in Texas at the STI factory after picking up a Staccato P...If you can turn a hard-core 1911 user, who ultimately moved to Glocks, like Yam into a believer, you're doing shit right.

Duke
10-13-2019, 12:35 AM
Looks sweet. What's it going to do that an STI DVC P doesn't? Besides cost 2-3k more?

I love me some SVIs and I'm looking hard at having one built for my birthday next year. Just not sure burying the optic is gaining much. Not when the DVC P has the new Dawson designed mount and is SRO compatible.

Have you looked at Atlas Gunworks yet?

You're walking a dangerous path, my friend...once you realize how much better the new STIs are and as a result, with SVI and Atlas using the new Gen 2 mags, how much better those guns are...it's tough. Hilton Yam is discovering that and drinking the Kool-Aid now, he just spent a few days in Texas at the STI factory after picking up a Staccato P...If you can turn a hard-core 1911 user, who ultimately moved to Glocks, like Yam into a believer, you're doing shit right.

The Problem is - I only like things the way that I like them....Even If they are very good to begin with.

Atlas supplied some of the parts that are going into my DVC-P (their new high ride safety and short curved trigger) along with all of Wilson’s bullet proof parts.

Sti factory trigger was good at 2lbs 7oz. But I wants me some more pretravel, a different grip safety and a short trigger so I just got everything at once to have it matched.

Infinity seems like they’ll do whatever I can pay for - which is right up my alley.

RevolverRob
10-13-2019, 09:49 AM
The Problem is - I only like things the way that I like them....Even If they are very good to begin with.

Atlas supplied some of the parts that are going into my DVC-P (their new high ride safety and short curved trigger) along with all of Wilson’s bullet proof parts.

Sti factory trigger was good at 2lbs 7oz. But I wants me some more pretravel, a different grip safety and a short trigger so I just got everything at once to have it matched.

Infinity seems like they’ll do whatever I can pay for - which is right up my alley.

I gotcha.

Infinity will build anything you want. Atlas is also pretty close too.

When the wife and I go down to Tejas for the holidays, I'm going to try to drop in to Infinity's shop, they are about an hour from my wife's hometown.

zeleny
10-14-2019, 03:22 AM
Looks sweet. What's it going to do that an STI DVC P doesn't? Besides cost 2-3k more?It won’t break.

RevolverRob
10-14-2019, 09:23 AM
It won’t break.

So far, I haven't seen much indication that the current guns are breaking regularly? Are you seeing something to the contrary?

And besides...you can buy 3 Staccato Ps or 1 and 2/3rds DVC Ps for the price of one Infinity 'Cowitness' and thus if you break one, - eh -.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Infinity - but I doubt most folks can push a DVC P to the max, let alone an Infinity "cowitness". Some exceptions exist...e.g., Duke, GJM, Gabe White.

I can't even shoot my gun to the max of its ability (my ability yes, but its? Nope).

zeleny
10-17-2019, 08:38 PM
So far, I haven't seen much indication that the current guns are breaking regularly? Are you seeing something to the contrary?I am drawing conclusions from no end of claims that STI has improved its quality control.

Tod-13
10-18-2019, 12:44 PM
How do you build one of these with their Gunbuilder tool?

In particular, I was looking for the option for the thumb shield, and could not find a base that would give that option.

Duke
10-18-2019, 01:00 PM
How do you build one of these with their Gunbuilder tool?

In particular, I was looking for the option for the thumb shield, and could not find a base that would give that option.

It’s a yes or no option about 1/2 way down in most the options

Grey
10-18-2019, 01:16 PM
I wanna be like Duke when I grow up... Seriously slick, hope you post lots of pics :)

Bucky
10-19-2019, 02:45 AM
Why have front slide serrations on the frame? Isn't that counterproductive?

I am curious as well. My preferred method of racking is from the front, over the top. If I get a bit of finger on the dust cover, I want it to be smooth.

Duke
10-19-2019, 08:24 AM
Well the 2 pistols I specd out came to just under $8k each

The factory was very welcoming in regards to time and questions. If you’re in their area you should call and stop by.

I do have pause about the aspect of building such a pistol based around the footprint of an optic that trijicon may change with no notice.

HCM
10-19-2019, 08:52 AM

The factory was very welcoming in regards to time and questions. If you’re in their area you should call and stop by.

I do have pause about the aspect of building such a pistol based around the footprint of an optic that trijicon may change with no notice.

Holosun 508T. Seriously.

Duke
10-19-2019, 08:57 AM
Holosun 508T. Seriously.

Negative

Tod-13
10-21-2019, 08:44 AM
It’s a yes or no option about 1/2 way down in most the options

It is called "thumbshield" and it is only on the pages for some of the widebody options.

Duke
10-21-2019, 08:49 AM
It is called "thumbshield" and it is only on the pages for some of the widebody options.

No one is arguing whats it’s named.

Call Casey or anyone at infinity, I bet they’ll put it on every one you can afford to buy

OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor
04-17-2022, 02:35 PM

Duke this thread's *only* 3yrs. old but I'm planning on a Thrs. visit to SVI/Infinity, did your build w/ them ever happen etc?