PDA

View Full Version : LTT Centurion and Compact 92s

Pages : [1] 2

JSGlock34
10-08-2019, 09:59 PM
Boom.

92 Elite LTT Centurion
(https://www.langdontactical.com/92-elite-ltt-centurion/)
https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-gwq330i093/images/stencil/640w/products/221/629/sideviewCenturion__43952.1568668189.jpg?c=2&imbypass=on

92 Elite LTT Compact
(https://www.langdontactical.com/92-elite-ltt-compact/)
https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-gwq330i093/images/stencil/640w/products/219/636/92compactfrontview__98788.1568670231.jpg?c=2

Suvorov
10-08-2019, 10:11 PM
So sexy! If only I could score a slide........

snow white
10-08-2019, 10:12 PM
ohh shit... Ernest your gonna get me a fucking divorce.

FrankB
10-08-2019, 10:46 PM
Now all the people who lamented Wilson Combat discontinuing their Compact Carry have had their prayers answered! 👍

Medusa
10-08-2019, 11:39 PM
Well, sh*t. Compact, carry bevel, spartan sights, deposit made.

I may have a beretta 92 problem, but I just really like them.

Edit - I swear this is the last one.

For a while....

Yung
10-08-2019, 11:55 PM
The only reason I'm not splurging completely on two carry bevels or NP3 coatings is because the other two I'm waiting for my FFL to receive don't have them.

Just the most popular option of the base guns with Mr. Langdon's world-famous trigger jobs seems relatively sensible.

I have self-control, you see.

I do. Yes.

Sero Sed Serio
10-09-2019, 01:28 AM
92 Elite LTT Compact
(https://www.langdontactical.com/92-elite-ltt-compact/)
https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-gwq330i093/images/stencil/640w/products/219/636/92compactfrontview__98788.1568670231.jpg?c=2

LangdonTactical thanks for making this happen! This is just about the perfect metal-framed DA/SA carry gun for me. Time to start buying mags. All of the mags. Also, does it come with a roll of Seasons Greeting gift tape? Asking for a friend...

Cory
10-09-2019, 05:10 AM
I kinda dig the logo by the safety.

Looks like it's exactly the Elite LTT but centurion and compact. Smart move. Wonder if it will have Elite in the name. Pretty sure that would make them the first non full size Elites.

-Cory

JSGlock34
10-09-2019, 05:28 AM
I kinda dig the logo by the safety.

Looks like it's exactly the Elite LTT but centurion and compact. Smart move. Wonder if it will have Elite in the name. Pretty sure that would make them the first non full size Elites.

-Cory

Both of them say 92G Elite right on the slide.

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-gwq330i093/images/stencil/640w/products/221/628/SlideViewCenturion__41424.1568668189.jpg?c=2

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-gwq330i093/images/stencil/1280x1280/products/219/637/92Compactsideview__51488.1568670232.jpg?c=2&imbypass=on

I really like the logo and the roll mark. My guess is that the "Elite LTT" roll mark on the full size was too big to fit on the shortened slides, so they went with the LTT logo by the safety. Classy look.

Bucky
10-09-2019, 05:32 AM
Now all the people who lamented Wilson Combat discontinuing their Compact Carry have had their prayers answered! 👍

Well, not everyone likes a rail on a compact gun. ;)

Still, a carry bevel and replaceable front sight are appealing.

Hmm, a 92X compact, sans rail, sent off for same work??

Bigghoss
10-09-2019, 05:43 AM
I was hoping for a Centurion but I didn't think it'd happen this soon. I need to sell some stuff, like a kidney.

Bucky
10-09-2019, 05:55 AM
Well, not everyone likes a rail on a compact gun. ;)

Still, a carry bevel and replaceable front sight are appealing.

Hmm, a 92X compact, sans rail, sent off for same work??

Who am I kidding... :) :)

beenalongtime
10-09-2019, 08:29 AM
I was days away from buying a LTT Elite frame and sending it off to Josh to modify into a Centurion.
Very little would make this better.
1. Number reservation, to match, my #478 pick.
2. TJIAB option for the spurless hammer (but have a TJIAB sitting here, as well as that hammer from him, that I just need to polish)
3. If I had turned in all those receipts to work, last week, for full reimbursement, so the check I mailed off left my CC clear for both of them. (sure I could just go to the bank and get a certified check, and mail it off for both)
Kind of makes me wish I had more then one CC, as I have stuff on order for work, as well as waiting on Josh/Allegheny to call me with a bill for finishing up work they are doing and shipping.

spinmove_
10-09-2019, 09:17 AM
Wow, this is awesome. Love this work Ernest is doing.

LockedBreech
10-09-2019, 12:25 PM
The Elite Centurion has broken my willpower over its knee like Bane breaking Batman. That's gonna be a BUY.

Cory
10-09-2019, 12:59 PM
It's pretty awesome that the Compact comes with a spurless hammer. Dang it.

I was holding out for tax season to grab a 1301... but now these are out. And If I could get a Compact to match my Elite... but the 1301 costs more. But the compact would probably be a better carry gun. But the 1301 would be good for the house.

Dang it.

-Cory

Tony Mayer
10-09-2019, 02:41 PM
It's pretty awesome that the Compact comes with a spurless hammer. Dang it.

I was holding out for tax season to grab a 1301... but now these are out. And If I could get a Compact to match my Elite... but the 1301 costs more. But the compact would probably be a better carry gun. But the 1301 would be good for the house.

Dang it.

-Cory

First world problems!!:cool:

Medusa
10-09-2019, 02:54 PM
First world problems!!:cool:

I’m just glad my existing railed 92 holsters (JMCK and Kramer) will work with the compact.

snow white
10-09-2019, 03:06 PM
so just to make sure im understanding this correctly. the centurion is a compact slide with a full size frame, the compact is obviously compact both in the frame and slide. is the compact a chopped full size frame? or its own?

LangdonTactical
10-09-2019, 04:51 PM
Yes, the cat is out of the bag. We are launching it today with the people that are on our customer list. Email going out shortly. We chose to put it up last night and get all the bugs worked out and updated so we did not run into any issues today.

We were able to make a few improvements to these guns that will make there way into the full-size guns as well. The first one is laser engraving on the slide to get rid of the role mark. Along with that update, we added the LTT logo at the rear of the slide. This will solve the role mark inconsistency that we have seen on some guns. Purely cosmetic, but an improvement none the less.

The three MecGar magazines are a big deal and I am pretty proud of that. The only reason there is a 15 round MecGar 92 Compact mag is because of this gun. That was a major deal with this gun for me and that got Beretta to start talking to MecGar. Believe it or not, those mag bottoms come from Beretta. They are actually working together on this project. For those of us that know the history here, this is a big deal.

The 18 round MecGar mags will also make their way into the full-size Elite soon as well.

There is also going to be an improvement on the front sight. The stake is now going to come from the bottom like the 92A1. No more ugly stakes on the slide and front sight.

A quite note for some of you that plan on carrying the compact. The standard 15 round Beretta mag bottoms fit right on the MecGar 15 round compact mags and give you a lower profile overall height, it gets rid of the pinky lip on the mag bottom. Still totally shootable and just keep an 18 or 20 rounder for your reload. Just a heads up because that is the way I have my prototype set up. It helps quite a bit.

Please if you will keep this off social media for a few days. We want to give our customers on our mailing list the first dibs.

Of course, the plan was to post something here as soon as the email went out, but people are clearly watching the website.

Thanks for the support guys!

LockedBreech
10-09-2019, 05:17 PM
The three MecGar magazines are a big deal and I am pretty proud of that. The only reason there is a 15 round MecGar 92 Compact mag is because of this gun. That was a major deal with this gun for me and that got Beretta to start talking to MecGar. Believe it or not, those mag bottoms come from Beretta. They are actually working together on this project. For those of us that know the history here, this is a big deal.

That is a HUGE deal. Well freakin' done!

Tom Fineis
10-09-2019, 05:48 PM
I'm still relatively Beretta stupid. I have a full size LTT Elite now. If I buy the compact, can I put the compact slide on my current frame and create a Centurion?

Cory
10-09-2019, 05:53 PM
I'm still relatively Beretta stupid.

-0 I have a full size LTT Elite now. If I buy the compact, can I put the compact slide on my current frame and create a Centurion?

Here is a nearly exhaustive Beretta resource. Specifically linking to the question you're asking.
https://berettaforum.net/vb/showpost.php?p=1078472&postcount=33

It's doable, but not best for longevity. Compact and centurion frames have different length rails for the slide to run on. More travel and impact occurs when using different slides/frames.

-Cory

Yung
10-09-2019, 05:57 PM
Oh, I just got the email. Does this mean I need to order again?

LangdonTactical
10-09-2019, 06:18 PM
Oh, I just got the email. Does this mean I need to order again?

No, we can plug in your free holster for you. Just send an email to sales@langdontactcial.com and tell us which holster of the two you want. We are doing a free holster for the first 300 pre-orders.

The purpose of this pre-order is to help us and Beretta understand the Compact and Centurion break down for production. They are both being built as we speak, but we are guessing at the numbers for each.

LangdonTactical
10-09-2019, 06:21 PM
Here is a nearly exhaustive Beretta resource. Specifically linking to the question you're asking.

It's doable, but not best for longevity. Compact and centurion frames have different length rails for the slide to run on. More travel and impact occurs when using different slides/frames.

-Cory

Yes, and the extra travel helps with reliability on the faster speed of the lighter compact slide. Gives time for the next round in the mag to get in front of the slide. The Disassembly button is also different and not interchangeable with the full-size lever. It will fit, but not give proper clearance.

paherne
10-09-2019, 06:22 PM
Ugh, this is like three more OT shifts that I have to work, now.

LangdonTactical
10-09-2019, 06:22 PM
Both of them say 92G Elite right on the slide.

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-gwq330i093/images/stencil/640w/products/221/628/SlideViewCenturion__41424.1568668189.jpg?c=2

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-gwq330i093/images/stencil/1280x1280/products/219/637/92Compactsideview__51488.1568670232.jpg?c=2&imbypass=on

I really like the logo and the roll mark. My guess is that the "Elite LTT" roll mark on the full size was too big to fit on the shortened slides, so they went with the LTT logo by the safety. Classy look.

I mentioned this in another post. It's not a roll mark, they are now going to be laser engraved.

Medusa
10-09-2019, 06:25 PM
I’m really excited for this.

Tim92G
10-09-2019, 06:39 PM
So I'm going to pre- order my Elite LTT Compact with the trigger job, spartan sights and the optimized trigger bar, in the shipping address do I use my ffl address or my address?
Thanks

LangdonTactical
10-09-2019, 07:18 PM
So I'm going to pre- order my Elite LTT Compact with the trigger job, spartan sights and the optimized trigger bar, in the shipping address do I use my ffl address or my address?
Thanks

Your FFLs address.

JSGlock34
10-09-2019, 07:42 PM
I mentioned this in another post. It's not a roll mark, they are now going to be laser engraved.

Very cool. I think the new logo looks great. Can't wait to see the updated full size.

Tom Fineis
10-09-2019, 07:59 PM

-Cory

Thanks!

Shorikid
10-09-2019, 09:31 PM
I need to get on the stick and sell a plastic pistol.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

GJM
10-09-2019, 09:45 PM
I need to get on the stick and sell a plastic pistol.

More likely, a metal automobile, but Ernest keeps on bringing out great stuff.

Up1911Fan
10-09-2019, 09:47 PM
Definitely need a Centurion.

Shorikid
10-09-2019, 09:49 PM
More likely, a metal automobile, but Ernest keeps on bringing out great stuff.I have cash, not enough yet, but it's getting there. I have teen age daughters who have claimed my truck, so no autos for me to sell! What are kidneys going for on eBay these days?

I was seriously looking at a standard 92 compact and sending it out for work. Then I spotted the talk of a compact LTT coming down the road. Now, here we are.

RevolverRob
10-09-2019, 09:57 PM
I’m staring at nearly 4k in guns in my LTT shopping cart right now...

Good thing I gotta have surgery next week and can’t spend that much cash at this moment. Otherwise, I might be trying to explain to my wife how three new Berettas ended up in the safe.

Trooper224
10-09-2019, 10:04 PM
Oh my.

rcbusmc24
10-09-2019, 10:16 PM
Ordered a Compact.... Been waiting for this for a minute now... Thanks for making it happen EL...

sepa
10-09-2019, 10:31 PM
Yes, the cat is out of the bag. We are launching it today with the people that are on our customer list. Email going out shortly. We chose to put it up last night and get all the bugs worked out and updated so we did not run into any issues today.

We were able to make a few improvements to these guns that will make there way into the full-size guns as well. The first one is laser engraving on the slide to get rid of the role mark. Along with that update, we added the LTT logo at the rear of the slide. This will solve the role mark inconsistency that we have seen on some guns. Purely cosmetic, but an improvement none the less.

The 18 round MecGar mags will also make their way into the full-size Elite soon as well.

There is also going to be an improvement on the front sight. The stake is now going to come from the bottom like the 92A1. No more ugly stakes on the slide and front sight.

A quite note for some of you that plan on carrying the compact. The standard 15 round Beretta mag bottoms fit right on the MecGar 15 round compact mags and give you a lower profile overall height, it gets rid of the pinky lip on the mag bottom. Still totally shootable and just keep an 18 or 20 rounder for your reload. Just a heads up because that is the way I have my prototype set up. It helps quite a bit.

Please if you will keep this off social media for a few days. We want to give our customers on our mailing list the first dibs.

Of course, the plan was to post something here as soon as the email went out, but people are clearly watching the website.

Thanks for the support guys!

Awesome job as usual thanks! BTW ... pre-order DONE!!! :D :D (With a few extras :rolleyes: )

Kanye Wyoming
10-09-2019, 11:10 PM
Ordered a Compact.... Been waiting for this for a minute now... Thanks for making it happen EL...

I was at EL’s course in Dallas this past weekend. (Which was great, BTW, as reflected in the several AARs posted here over the years, and I don’t have anything useful to add to those.) I do have the stock PX4CC, but brought my fairly recently acquired P07, which I’ve grown quite fond of. One of the other students had, among others, the PX4CC with all the upgrades - trigger job, NP3 including on mags, Boresight stippling, 92 decocking lever on the left side, etc., and after he switched to another gun he let me borrow it for a few hours.

Oh my! What a beautifully feeling and shooting gun, and a work of art to boot. I talked to EL about getting the same upgrades to mine and it was on my list for the weekend to email LTT to get things arranged. Then this comes along and now I’m on the train for the maxed out 92 Compact.

The PX4CC upgrades will have to wait for another healthy expense reimbursement check or two; typically, 20% of these is skimmed to pay off the stealth credit card bill that comes to my office, thus bypassing Mrs. Wyoming who suffers from the ailment characterized by a tendency to think that one’s spouse has a sufficient number of firearms. Better than a cocaine or gambling habit, I say.

dtrice
10-10-2019, 08:01 AM
The purpose of this pre-order is to help us and Beretta understand the Compact and Centurion break down for production. They are both being built as we speak, but we are guessing at the numbers for each.
Ha ha, jokes on you then. I just preordered both. 😅😥😭

So the new LTT elites will begin shipping with 18 round mags and new staking? Will the also get the new logo lasered onto the slide? Are there any other things that will be incorporated into the full size LTT Elite?
Thank you, LangdonTactical.

Grey
10-10-2019, 08:23 AM
You cant put a dot on a 92... I keep telling myself that so I dont buy one...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

David S.
10-10-2019, 08:41 AM

God help me if that becomes a thing. I have a PX4 at LTT for the optic cut right now.

For now it's a CZ P-09 for my full size carry. When it gets back, the PX4/RMR will be my compact carry option.

LangdonTactical
10-10-2019, 12:41 PM

Well, you can put one on there, but it is not a correct setup. We are working on it, there are some big hurdles to get around on the 92, but we have some really good ideas. We have been chopping up slides like they are free trying to nail it down :(

Grey
10-10-2019, 12:42 PM
Well, you can put one on there, but it is not a correct setup. We are working on it, there are some big hurdles to get around on the 92, but we have some really good ideas. We have been chopping up slides like they are free trying to nail it down :(You really arent helping... [emoji23]

Yung
10-10-2019, 12:51 PM
Ernest, you're really awesome.

Sal Picante
10-10-2019, 01:00 PM

RevolverRob
10-10-2019, 01:07 PM
We have been chopping up slides like they are free trying to nail it down :(

Get 'dem Beretta engineers on that, man! I'm surprised that Beretta didn't come up with some kind of solution for the MHS when they came out with the M9A3. They must have been thinking about it somewhat then.

A Beretta 92 with a slide that could mount a dot would be a game-changer - don't you think so Grey? ;)

Grey
10-10-2019, 01:09 PM
Get 'dem Beretta engineers on that, man! I'm surprised that Beretta didn't come up with some kind of solution for the MHS when they came out with the M9A3. They must have been thinking about it somewhat then.

A Beretta 92 with a slide that could mount a dot would be a game-changer - don't you think so Grey? ;)In this case it actually would be... appropriate use of the term, APPROVED.

Hambo
10-10-2019, 01:28 PM
No, we can plug in your free holster for you. Just send an email to sales@langdontactcial.com and tell us which holster of the two you want. We are doing a free holster for the first 300 pre-orders.

Is Beretta making more than the number pre-ordered, or is it best to go into debt right the fuck now? ;)

Medusa
10-10-2019, 01:38 PM
Is Beretta making more than the number pre-ordered, or is it best to go into debt right the fuck now? ;)

You already know the answer (hopefully not actual debt, that I’d avoid, but).

LangdonTactical
10-10-2019, 01:39 PM

Well, I guess that really depends on how well the pre-sale goes. I cannot call that yet. But, it is supposed to become a standard SKU much like a full-size gun. They have built and shipped over 7,000 of those in the last 15 months. But the production schedule through the end of the year is only set for about 1,200 of the compact and Centurion combined. More will be built next year I am sure, but that will be all for this year.

Hambo
10-10-2019, 01:43 PM
You already know the answer

Yeah, I just wanted Ernest to push me over the edge. Christmas times a-coming...;)

DocSabo40
10-10-2019, 02:57 PM
These look incredible. Do we have any photos of either the Centurion or Compact with the carry bevel option? Those intrigue me greatly.

pastaslinger
10-10-2019, 03:24 PM
Are serial number reservations available?

Trooper224
10-10-2019, 03:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLDqrajLRFA

oregon45
10-10-2019, 03:59 PM
I know the answer is "buy both," but if a guy owned no 92's, and wanted to order a Langdon 92 for all around awesomeness and occasional carry, would the best first-Beretta 92 be the full-size or the Centurion?

RevolverRob
10-10-2019, 04:09 PM
I know the answer is "buy both," but if a guy owned no 92's, and wanted to order a Langdon 92 for all around awesomeness and occasional carry, would the best first-Beretta 92 be the full-size or the Centurion?

Full size.

But I think pre-ordering a Compact would be smart too.

I’m biased though, because I see little value in a compact slide on full size frame. Clearly, many people disagree, because the Glock 19X sells ridiculously well for as retarded as it is.

oregon45
10-10-2019, 04:16 PM
Full size.

I’m biased though, because I see little value in a compact slide on full size frame. Clearly, many people disagree, because the Glock 19X sells ridiculously well for as retarded as it is.

As a fan of the G19X, that comparison makes me incline toward the Centurion :D

Trooper224
10-10-2019, 05:30 PM
Having carried/lived with a full sized 92 for several years and having spent the better part of the last year carrying/living with a Centurian, I'd pick the Centurian as the best all around choice for a carry gun. The overall performance is pretty much the same, but the Centurian carries like a much smaller gun. Three quarters of an inch shouldn't make that much of a difference, but it does.

usmc_k9_vet
10-10-2019, 05:51 PM
So in the compact, Mecgar has come out with 15 round mags that are basically flush-fitting? Is that the magazine that I can see in the video? If so, that is pretty cool. One issue I have with the compact is that when I do reloads I am susceptible to pinching the bottom of my right pinky. I don't know if this would be mitigated with the new mags, but 15-rounders sound cool!

I can't order one of these now (have a couple of irons in the fire at the moment), but I see myself ordering a Compact, then maybe a Centurion or full size, and ultimately probably having all three completely decked out with carry bevel, NP3, and Spartan or fiber optic sights.

If these are going to be carry guns, are the Optimized trigger bar and 13# hammer spring a good idea?

texag
10-10-2019, 05:54 PM
Anyone know how I could snap my fingers and make my WC compact carry into an LTT compact, which is the freaking exact gun the WC CC should've been from the start?

oregon45
10-10-2019, 05:54 PM

Just pre-ordered a Centurion, hope I made it into the first 300!

Medusa
10-10-2019, 06:24 PM
I think Ernest indicated up thread you have to change floor plates to a standard 15 rd full-size unit to go flush, and that’s what I plan to do since the plates are 6 bucks from busa.

I don’t have the optimized trigger bar but I can say that in 9300 plus rounds with my full sizes with 13 lb springs I’ve had no issues with fiocchi, Speer, or federal ammo. I ordered my compact with the Wilson bar because I’m familiar with it.

usmc_k9_vet
10-10-2019, 06:35 PM
I think Ernest indicated up thread you have to change floor plates to a standard 15 rd full-size unit to go flush, and that’s what I plan to do since the plates are 6 bucks from busa.

I don’t have the optimized trigger bar but I can say that in 9300 plus rounds with my full sizes with 13 lb springs I’ve had no issues with fiocchi, Speer, or federal ammo. I ordered my compact with the Wilson bar because I’m familiar with it.

Thank you. I re-read what Ernest posted and I believe I understand regarding the 15 round mags for the compact. Sounds like they are Mecgar tubes with Beretta base plates. I'm slowly talking myself into a compact.. :D

MolonLabe416
10-10-2019, 08:59 PM
Can someone brief me on the difference between the optimized trigger bar and the Wilson combat trigger bar?

Thanks.

GJM
10-10-2019, 09:15 PM
Having carried/lived with a full sized 92 for several years and having spent the better part of the last year carrying/living with a Centurian, I'd pick the Centurian as the best all around choice for a carry gun. The overall performance is pretty much the same, but the Centurian carries like a much smaller gun. Three quarters of an inch shouldn't make that much of a difference, but it does.

Some years back, when I was shooting an Elite and carrying a Centurion, I was continually amazed how I could shoot the Centurion with the fixed sight, as well or better than the much larger Elite.

JSGlock34
10-10-2019, 09:20 PM
Can someone brief me on the difference between the optimized trigger bar and the Wilson combat trigger bar?

Thanks.

Both are made of superior material to better hold a trigger job, but the Langdon model allows for the super-short reset. The LTT models also come with a better finish (either NP3 or Duralube). Between the two, I recommend the LTT bar.

Kyle Reese
10-11-2019, 06:23 AM
Threads like this make me want to jump back into the Beretta 92 pool.....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

dtrice
10-11-2019, 08:05 AM
Anyone else as surprised as I am about them releasing so soon? I thought after the Instagram photos were pulled that it was sign they were still a ways away.

Grey
10-11-2019, 08:52 AM
Uhhhnnngggg.....

Everytime I see this and need to take my mouse away from the pre-order button...

beenalongtime
10-12-2019, 01:43 PM
These look incredible. Do we have any photos of either the Centurion or Compact with the carry bevel option? Those intrigue me greatly.

In the full size thread, there is at least one with a carry bevel pictured. I looked it up before ordering, because I was seriously considering it on the Centurion. (ordered a plain with Spartan sights compact, because I have a TJIAB sitting here, as I expected to get a 92x while awaiting these). I didn't see enough benefit for me (doubt it would knock the PX4 out of its place, and it would hamper if I ever decided to use it as a competition gun).

snow white
10-12-2019, 03:09 PM
Yup I'll be pre ordering a compact within the next few days fo sho.

dsa
10-12-2019, 05:23 PM
And I just picked up the Wilson version. Had I known this was coming so soon I would have waited, oh, well. Mine will be going to LTT for a trigger job at least.

Jeep
10-12-2019, 08:04 PM
Both are made of superior material to better hold a trigger job, but the Langdon model allows for the super-short reset. The LTT models also come with a better finish (either NP3 or Duralube). Between the two, I recommend the LTT bar.

Agreed. The difference is that the Wilson trigger bar allowed 92's to use very light hammer springs for amazing smooth and light trigger pulls--and the LTT bar has now improved on it. If you install itself yourself you might have to do some stoning/filing on the LTT bar, but it is worth it. Perhaps Wilson will improve its bar further but right now of these two excellent products I think the LTT is the best.

But then again I think LTT's trigger job in a bag is one of the greatest inventions in gun product history.

It is a great time to be a Beretta 92 owner.

MSparks909
10-12-2019, 09:53 PM
Pre-ordered a Centurion with the the LTT trigger bar, trigger job and standard sights. There goes another $1100 :rolleyes:

Kanye Wyoming
10-13-2019, 11:54 AM
Ernest Langdon is a JERK!

https://youtu.be/YYxoaBeRVm4

Wingate's Hairbrush
10-13-2019, 09:13 PM
Great to see the line-up expanding -- the LTT made a believer out of me.

I've read the write-ups and want to be sure: apart from the .5" length difference, the LTT and LTT Centurion are otherwise identical, yes?

Duelist
10-13-2019, 10:58 PM
Full size.

Hey, now! Don’t be dissing my 19x! I loves it.

The Beretta, on the other hand... this might be enough to get me into more debt.

10mmfanboy
10-14-2019, 02:44 AM
It is astonishing how fast companies are bringing new models to the market anymore. I've probably changed my mind on a pistol at least 10 times this year. Good thing I'm a procrastinator.

Anyone know what an avg weight loaded on a compact is? I know my m9a3 weights 40 oz loaded. Are you saving much weight buying a compact?

usmc_k9_vet
10-14-2019, 10:51 AM
It is astonishing how fast companies are bringing new models to the market anymore. I've probably changed my mind on a pistol at least 10 times this year. Good thing I'm a procrastinator.

Anyone know what an avg weight loaded on a compact is? I know my m9a3 weights 40 oz loaded. Are you saving much weight buying a compact?

Beretta/Wilson 92G CC 13+1 of 147 grain in Milt Sparks VM2 - 2 lb 14.46 oz

I know, I’m weird and I weighed it with the holster included. The reason I did is I was curious to compare it to my other carry setups.

Here are a couple of numbers for reference and comparison:

G19 15+1 of 147 grain in Squared Away Customs with RMR and X300 Ultra - 2 lb 8.62 oz

Guncrafter Industries LW CCO 8+1 of 147 grain in Milt Sparks SS2 - 2 lb 6.92 oz

All pretty comparable, really. The Beretta is obviously a bit more, but I don’t feel it much and I really like the gun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimLob65
10-14-2019, 10:54 AM

I've read the write-ups and want to be sure: apart from the .5" length difference, the LTT and LTT Centurion are otherwise identical, yes?

I believe that is the case, yes.

NuJudge
10-14-2019, 10:57 AM

I can't tell you the two weights loaded, but the Compact empty weighs 28.5 ounces. https://www.langdontactical.com/92-elite-ltt-compact-pre-order-deposit/

The full size Langdon weighs 34.8 ounces empty. https://www.langdontactical.com/92-elite-ltt/

Both can come with 15 round magazines, or can come with 10 round magazines.

Cory
10-14-2019, 12:14 PM

Functionally, yes. Interchangably, no.

Mostly. A Centurion lower is functionally the same as a full size. It does have shorter internal rails for the slide to ride on. Meaning from an interchangability standpoint it's not the same as a full size, and is best used only with a compact slide.

-Cory

Grey
10-14-2019, 01:07 PM
Anyone have experience with the carry bevel and/or spartan sights? Getting mighty close to clicking that order button...

Medusa
10-14-2019, 01:37 PM
Anyone have experience with the carry bevel and/or spartan sights? Getting mighty close to clicking that order button...

Both of my full size LTTs have spartan sights. I like them a lot. Between them I’ve got over 9400 rounds on them so far, several classes and a fair number of matches. It’s so hard to say if you’d like them though; luckily they came with the original stock LTT sights in the box so a person could revert to those if they wanted to.

My compact isn’t gonna be a match gun (the others I shoot in SSP and production) , but my edc, so it gets the carry bevel, but I don’t have experience with it yet. I just trust it’ll be done right and worthwhile, and I also wanted the cerakote.

dtrice
10-15-2019, 07:53 AM
Both of my full size LTTs have spartan sights. I like them a lot. Between them I’ve got over 9400 rounds on them so far, several classes and a fair number of matches. It’s so hard to say if you’d like them though; luckily they came with the original stock LTT sights in the box so a person could revert to those if they wanted to.

My compact isn’t gonna be a match gun (the others I shoot in SSP and production) , but my edc, so it gets the carry bevel, but I don’t have experience with it yet. I just trust it’ll be done right and worthwhile, and I also wanted the cerakote.

Are the Spartans considered better for matches?

GJM
10-15-2019, 08:01 AM
Are the Spartans considered better for matches?

User preference, but no, since most prefer FO for competition.

snow white
10-15-2019, 10:42 AM
Does the compact take the standard hammer springs? On my full size LTT I have a #12 spring with the enhanced trigger bar and that is the sweet spot as far as I'm concerned and I'd like to replicate it on the compact I'm about to pre order.

Caballoflaco
10-15-2019, 11:19 AM
Is a standard size barrel compatible with the centurion/compact slides?

Because if it is it’d be an interesting experiment to bore out the front of a standard barrel (to maybe .38 or .39 so you don’t get jacket/ lead shavings) for maybe inch and port it similar to the old beretta 93 barrels.

FreedomFries
10-15-2019, 11:31 AM
Does the compact take the standard hammer springs? On my full size LTT I have a #12 spring with the enhanced trigger bar and that is the sweet spot as far as I'm concerned and I'd like to replicate it on the compact I'm about to pre order.

Yes. The spring cap/lanyard loop is shortened on the inside to account for the difference in grip height.

FreedomFries
10-15-2019, 11:46 AM
Is a standard size barrel compatible with the centurion/compact slides?

Because if it is it’d be an interesting experiment to bore out the front of a standard barrel (to maybe .38 or .39 so you don’t get jacket/ lead shavings) for maybe inch and port it similar to the old beretta 93 barrels.

My 92FS barrel dropped into my 92FS compact OK, just sticks out more. The locking block looks the same.

beenalongtime
10-15-2019, 03:09 PM

Couple of pictures in various threads, that I keep going back to:
http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?21095-Beretta-introducing-a-Langdon-Tactical-92!/page159

Same gun, different thread.

In the above forum, there is a member (signature is if your going to be a bear, be a grizzly), that I remember him having a question about the beavertail, as his handsize makes the full sized gun, look like a compact and he was getting cut there. I think someone like that or someone who puts high round count/regular classes, would benefit with the carry bevel. Most of the beveling I see, is going to be covered by the holster, or I would be using/shooting the PX4, which is my carry preference. (already more rounded)
And the money saved on the carry bevel, went toward the other sized LTT. (lost a gun auction and a friends wife was going to sell a pistol for a surprise for her husband, and I was a day late, so both those timed this right)

I have the fiber optic sights on the full size Elites (range pistol and backup), but choose Spartan's on either I might carry. (work nights)

Sal Picante
10-15-2019, 03:27 PM
My 92FS barrel dropped into my 92FS compact OK, just sticks out more. The locking block looks the same.

The barrels are different - the front lug/rail is cut shorter on the compact barrels... I don't think this is recommended... e_stern

e_stern
10-15-2019, 03:33 PM

Do NOT do this.

Locking blocks are the same. Barrel lugs are different.

Medusa
10-15-2019, 03:46 PM
User preference, but no, since most prefer FO for competition.

I trust GJM to know, and he’s several orders of magnitude better than I. I like night sights and carry one of these all the time, plus the orange front is a lot like sights on my PX4CCs. So I like em. Do they slow me down at matches ? Idk, but I like competing with what I carry. But I’m just an IDPA SS working to get better, nothing more.

FreedomFries
10-15-2019, 04:20 PM
The barrels are different - the front lug/rail is cut shorter on the compact barrels... I don't think this is recommended... e_stern

Do NOT do this.

Locking blocks are the same. Barrel lugs are different.

Thanks for the correction. I'm looking at it more closely and do see that the front lug is a little shorter on the compact barrel. I did not fire it in this configuration, only checked to see if it would drop in. What kind of damage could result from use in that configuration?

I know that using a compact/centurion slide on a full size frame is said to accelerate frame wear because of insufficient slide travel and higher slide velocity during recoil. I'm guessing that the issue with a full size barrel in a compact/centurion pistol is that because the front lug is longer on the full size barrel, it runs the risk of being battered by the slide during recoil if it is used in a compact/centurion frame?

e_stern
10-15-2019, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the correction. I'm looking at it more closely and do see that the front lug is a little shorter on the compact barrel. I did not fire it in this configuration, only checked to see if it would drop in. What kind of damage could result from use in that configuration?

I know that using a compact/centurion slide on a full size frame is said to accelerate frame wear because of insufficient slide travel and higher slide velocity during recoil. I'm guessing that the issue with a full size barrel in a compact/centurion pistol is that because the front lug is longer on the full size barrel, it runs the risk of being battered by the slide during recoil if it is used in a compact/centurion frame?

Bingo. It will function but vastly accelerate wear on the barrel, slide, frame, etc. We advise against it.

FreedomFries
10-15-2019, 04:49 PM
Bingo. It will function but vastly accelerate wear on the barrel, slide, frame, etc. We advise against it.

I measured the barrel front lug length on my full size as about 11.93mm and on my compact as about 11mm. Interesting what that <1mm of difference will make. The lug on the full size barrel can fit fully inside the slot in the compact frame, but since it is free to move slightly when the locking block unlocks, it can be just far enough forward where the lug gets tapped by the inside of the slide recoil spring shroud when moving back as it does under recoil. With the correct compact barrel, I am not able to make the slide recoil spring shroud and front barrel lug contact inappropriately at all.

Rack
10-15-2019, 08:58 PM
I may be the only one on PF that prefers this, but I would buy the Centurion if it did NOT have the rail. (Same reason I didn't buy the Wilson Centurion.)

If there is ever the option for one without a rail, I would be in.

They look very nice, though!

Best.

usmc_k9_vet
10-16-2019, 01:10 AM
I may be the only one on PF that prefers this, but I would buy the Centurion if it did NOT have the rail. (Same reason I didn't buy the Wilson Centurion.)

If there is ever the option for one without a rail, I would be in.

They look very nice, though!

Best.

I wouldn't mind that. I can kind of take the rail or leave it, especially on the compact. In fact, I have found that guns with rails on them tend to have much more friction when drawing from a leather holster. Anyone else experience this? My compact from a Milt Sparks VM2 draws and re-inserts nicely.

Speaking of leather holsters, who all builds one for the Centurion with rail? Milt Sparks? I am thinking of ordering a Centurion (with the compact, spurless hammer) and would like to get a holster or two in the works for it. I prefer leather. Milt Sparks is kind of my go-to for leather, but I'm also a big fan of 5 Shot, Del Fatti, Warbird, Nightingale, and TT Gunleather. Thoughts?

snow white
10-16-2019, 10:18 AM
Just pre ordered the compact with spartan sights. Thank you LTT.

Medusa
10-16-2019, 11:57 AM
I mentioned up thread I’ve been advised any holster for the 92 with rail will work with the compact and that should entail the centurion as well. I own Kramer horsehide leather and jmck kydex.

I shoot matches with my Kramer leather and don’t find the friction to be much more than kydex, fwiw.

I wouldn't mind that. I can kind of take the rail or leave it, especially on the compact. In fact, I have found that guns with rails on them tend to have much more friction when drawing from a leather holster. Anyone else experience this? My compact from a Milt Sparks VM2 draws and re-inserts nicely.

Speaking of leather holsters, who all builds one for the Centurion with rail? Milt Sparks? I am thinking of ordering a Centurion (with the compact, spurless hammer) and would like to get a holster or two in the works for it. I prefer leather. Milt Sparks is kind of my go-to for leather, but I'm also a big fan of 5 Shot, Del Fatti, Warbird, Nightingale, and TT Gunleather. Thoughts?

Shorikid
10-16-2019, 12:35 PM
Guys, you all need to help me out. Order these things, get all of them naught up so Beretta sees the demand and outs them on a regular sku. I'm six months out from having all the funds that won't be used up by family needs. I owe my wife a S&W 642, per her request for a new carry gun, so my gun fund is covered until that happens.

I really hope these do well. With the compact coming with 15 round magazines, I see no reason to look at G19 sized poly guns. People need options and Mr. Langdon pushing out 92s ready for more modern use, I hope he sees real support through purchases. I realized a while back I'm a hand gun guy in a rifle family. And I'm the all metal, not poly guy amung my pistol friends.

STI
10-16-2019, 02:53 PM
For a guy stretching to buy one, how much is the 250 for NP3 really worth it?

Tim92G
10-16-2019, 04:34 PM
I bought the LTT PX4 compact carry with the trigger job, and the LTT Elite 92g with the trigger job only.
I also pre-ordered the new LTT Compact with the trigger job, Spartan sights and the optimized trigger bar, I think it may be worth it but it's not something that interest me.

Medusa
10-16-2019, 04:44 PM

Worth it to me for corrosion resistance and durability primarily, since I’m in a rainy part of the country. It also feels quite nice on the trigger job, but that’s not the main reason I got it.

snow white
10-16-2019, 04:58 PM

id say if you are stretching yourself to buy the pistol the NP3 is not worth the extra expense. if the extra $250 on top of the gun is no big deal for you, the NP3 would then be worth the extra doe.

i'm in the same boat as you, im stretching a tad to pick up the compact and i opted not to go with the NP3. i acknowledge i does aid performance in some ways but i still put it more into the luxury category. i have it on my compact carry and it is nice in many ways but when i shoot it next to my standard px4 compact with similar upgrade i honestly cant tell the difference in the feel of the trigger.

JSGlock34
10-16-2019, 08:27 PM

The trigger job by Ernest with the LTT optimized trigger bar is the must have.

The NP3 is a nice to have.

SouthNarc
10-17-2019, 07:32 AM
LangdonTactical

Ernest I don't see an option in the drop down menu to get the Compact with Carry Bevel, Spartan sights AND the LTT Trigger job.

How do I do that?

Kanye Wyoming
10-17-2019, 08:19 AM
LangdonTactical

Ernest I don't see an option in the drop down menu to get the Compact with Carry Bevel, Spartan sights AND the LTT Trigger job.

How do I do that?
It’s not prominent but there is a note on the page that the Carry Bevel includes the trigger job.

You just saved $165!

SouthNarc
10-17-2019, 09:31 AM
It’s not prominent but there is a note on the page that the Carry Bevel includes the trigger job.

You just saved $165!

Thank you sir!

Sal Picante
10-17-2019, 09:35 AM
Thank you sir!

And you didn't even ask to shoot my pizza gun at the class... Lol. I had a compact, worked over by Wilson Combat and with an optimized trigger, in the car the entire time...

SouthNarc
10-17-2019, 09:45 AM
And you didn't even ask to shoot my pizza gun at the class... Lol. I had a compact, worked over by Wilson Combat and with an optimized trigger, in the car the entire time...

So that's completely your fault that you didn't read my mind and just KNOW that I've been wanting to shoot one for a while.

Do better.

Cecil Burch
10-17-2019, 12:23 PM
So that's completely your fault that you didn't read my mind and just KNOW that I've been wanting to shoot one for a while.

Do better.

Huh. I think I have heard this before. Directed at me.

A LOT.

:cool:

SouthNarc
10-17-2019, 01:03 PM
Huh. I think I have heard this before. Directed at me.

A LOT.

:cool:

It was your turn that day too dude. Complete fail.

GJM
10-17-2019, 02:57 PM
Besides the obvious decision to buy both, how are folks reasoning through Centurion vs Compact?

Medusa
10-17-2019, 03:04 PM
Besides the obvious decision to buy both, how are folks reasoning through Centurion vs Compact?

For me, flush floor plate and shorter grip on the compact means slightly better concealment in an edc weapon. A shorter slide is essentially irrelevant to me for edc purposes.

GJM
10-17-2019, 03:05 PM
The Centurion feels very 19X/G45 to me, where the Compact feels like a grip chopped 17 or 19.

snow white
10-17-2019, 03:24 PM

1. for my purposes if im going to have a full size frame I might as well have a full size slide. I see no meaningful advantage to a shorter slide for how im using this pistol.
2. ease of carry, because i am going to carry the shit out of this gun. compact frame will print less and now with the 15 round mags i lose very little capacity (none if you are using the OEM mags)
3. I just love compacts! px4cc, G19, p10c, cz 75 compact, P07 ect... for me its the best of both worlds as far as size and controllability. I compete with compacts almost exclusively and have no trouble doing quite well.

GJM
10-17-2019, 03:37 PM
1. for my purposes if im going to have a full size frame I might as well have a full size slide. I see no meaningful advantage to a shorter slide for how im using this pistol.
2. ease of carry, because i am going to carry the shit out of this gun. compact frame will print less and now with the 15 round mags i lose very little capacity (none if you are using the OEM mags)
3. I just love compacts! px4cc, G19, p10c, cz 75 compact, P07 ect... for me its the best of both worlds as far as size and controllability. I compete with compacts almost exclusively and have no trouble doing quite well.

Interesting.

I see little or no performance difference between a Centurion and full size 92, but for carrying, the Centurion is a great AIWB size for me, where the full size 92 slide is just long enough to poke me.

SouthNarc
10-17-2019, 04:18 PM
Interesting.

I see little or no performance difference between a Centurion and full size 92, but for carrying, the Centurion is a great AIWB size for me, where the full size 92 slide is just long enough to poke me.

George have you put in enough time between the Centurion and the Compact in carry and shooting to have a strong enough opinion to choose one over the other if you could only purchase just the one?

Bucky
10-17-2019, 04:20 PM
LangdonTactical

How do I do that?

That was exactly what I came here to post.

You just saved $165!

OK, but what about the NP3. In other words, every single option?

snow white
10-17-2019, 04:26 PM
Interesting.

I carry AIWB as well and you make a good point, I carry my full size LTT from time to time and after a long day I cant wait to take it off. i bet the centurion would absolutely be more comfortable to carry than the full size. so for you i guess it comes down to purpose of the pistol and focusing more on what you want out if the frame. is printing when you carry the standard LTT a thing for you? if not then the advantage of the shorter frame is less. if printing is something you have to work around then the shorter frame then becomes more advantageous. im 6'1 and around 200 lbs, i can conceal the full size ltt just fine but I still find I need to be a little bit more picky in my choice of shirt when compared to carrying the px4cc.

usmc_k9_vet
10-17-2019, 04:29 PM
I mentioned up thread I’ve been advised any holster for the 92 with rail will work with the compact and that should entail the centurion as well. I own Kramer horsehide leather and jmck kydex.

I shoot matches with my Kramer leather and don’t find the friction to be much more than kydex, fwiw.

Understood, but wouldn't "any holster for the 92 with rail" be slightly too long for these LTT Centurions and Compacts (not trying to be sarcastic by putting that in quotes, by the way, I'm genuinely trying to get the best info possible)? I would like to order a decked out Kramer in horsehide and shark and I see he offers one for a Beretta 92 Centurion, so I guess that is the route to go with Kramer. Really hoping Milt Sparks offers holsters for these as well, as I just always come back to MS for my leather needs. If you've owned a lot of leather holster products, you probably know what I'm talking about. There are a lot of high-quality makers out there, but Milt Sparks pays attention to the little details that make a huge difference. I'm saying this now because I just today received Commander 1911 holsters from some top-of-the-line holster makers and the Milt Sparks is still much better. MS doesn't add any leather where it isn't needed, the same style holster will be slimmer, almost guaranteed, when compared to a similar holster that someone else made, and again, their attention to details is just some of the best I've seen.

I say all that to say this - I hope they start making dedicated holsters for these new LTT Berettas with the compact, railed slides!

I have been having this dilemma in my head as well, but when I look at it objectively, which is to say, when I look at it from the perspective that's not "I'll just buy all three (full size, Centurion, and Compact)!", then I keep coming back to the Compact. If this is going to be a dedicated carry gun, which for me it will be, then I don't want the extra grip length. I think the Centurion is really cool, and I'd love to have one with the hammer that's on the Compact, but when I really think about it from a functional perspective, the Compact makes more sense. I don't want the extra weight and grip length of the Centurion and, now that the Compact comes with 3 15-round Mecgar mags, that's the way I am very likely going to go in 2020. I'll carry spare 18-round Mecgars as backups (1 or 2). I like the Mecgar 20-rounders as well, but the +2 baseplate on them prints a little more than the standard baseplate that is on the 18-rounders.

If I were thinking about this from a duty or competition perspective, I'd go with the full size; no doubt. For me, I just can't justify where the Centurion would fit in for me given my current needs.

I agree with all three of your points. I see a completely decked out Compact in my future (within the next year) that'll have NP3, carry bevel, spartan sights, and optimized trigger bar.

GJM
10-17-2019, 04:31 PM
George have you put in enough time between the Centurion and the Compact in carry and shooting to have a strong enough opinion to choose one over the other if you could only purchase just the one?

I basically have serial number 5 Brig Tac, Centac, the Wilson Compact, and LTT 92. I like them all.

This is going to vary by person, but I think the Centurion is the most versatile 92 there is, because it shoots big and still carries reasonably small (the 92 full size grip being between a 226 and 229 in size). The niche for the Compact being a diehard 92 person that wants the smallest 92 there is.

GJM
10-17-2019, 04:37 PM
This thread needs a picture — state of the art pre Ernest.

Kanye Wyoming
10-17-2019, 04:44 PM
OK, but what about the NP3. In other words, every single option?

The Elite LTT Carry Bevel includes a full carry bevel (rounding of all external sharp edges), the frame is cerakoted, slide is black cerakoted and all metal parts receive NP3 finish, except for the stainless barrel. It also includes the Langdon Tactical Trigger Job.

Looks like you can get pretty well any combination/permutation you like, priced from sell a Glock or two to sell a kidney.

Individual SKU Pricing is below:

92 Elite LTT Compact (Beretta Base Model): $999.00
92 Elite LTT Compact with Spartan Sights (Duty Model): $1138.00
92 Elite LTT Compact with LTT Trigger Job (Most Popular): $1164.00
92 Elite LTT Compact with LTT Trigger Job & Spartan Sights: $1338.00
92 Elite LTT Compact with Trigger Job and NP3: $1414.00
92 Elite LTT Compact with Trigger Job, NP3 and Spartan Sights: $1553.00
92 Elite LTT Compact with Carry Bevel: $1749.00
92 Elite LTT Compact with Carry Bevel and Spartan Sights: $1888.00

https://www.langdontactical.com/92-elite-ltt-compact-pre-order-deposit/

SouthNarc
10-17-2019, 04:53 PM
I basically have serial number 5 Brig Tac, Centac, the Wilson Compact, and LTT 92. I like them all.

This is going to vary by person, but I think the Centurion is the most versatile 92 there is, because it shoots big and still carries reasonably small (the 92 full size grip being between a 226 and 229 in size). The niche for the Compact being a diehard 92 person that wants the smallest 92 there is.

I kinda' thought you'd say that and me personally I'm able to buy both and probably would shoot and carry either of them very little. I just want one in inventory to keep myself handy on, as so many people going through coursework have them.

Subjectively how much of a performance difference do you feel between the shorter butt of the Compact and the longer butt of the Centurion?

GJM
10-17-2019, 05:10 PM
I kinda' thought you'd say that and me personally I'm able to buy both and probably would shoot and carry either of them very little. I just want one in inventory to keep myself handy on, as so many people going through coursework have them.

Subjectively how much of a performance difference do you feel between the shorter butt of the Compact and the longer butt of the Centurion?

I am biased because I could have a pair of Centurions as my total 92 collection, I like them that much. I would be very curious what Pepperoni says, as I either bought a Compact from him, sold him one, or both, and think of him, and of course Ernest, as our forum go to resources on the 92 series.

Doc_Glock
10-17-2019, 06:24 PM
Interesting.

The Centurion is almost identical in size to a G17 and the full sized 92 is very comparable to the G34.

GJM
10-17-2019, 06:27 PM
The Centurion is almost identical in size to a G17 and the full sized 92 is very comparable to the G34.

Yes, and the Compact is like a 17 with the butt chopped.

Doc_Glock
10-17-2019, 06:28 PM

For me, commonality of mags would influence me to skip the Compact. The B92 grip conceals particularly well given its overall size, and I don't see a huge disadvantage for the larger grip from that perspective. Somehow the full sized Beretta grip hides better for me than a full sized Glock grip.

I have a ton of full sized 92 mags and don't want to bother with a bunch for the compact. Had a Wilson Compact and sold it. It shot great.

Medusa
10-17-2019, 07:32 PM
I hear you. For me for appendix carry, a full size LTT is comfy and it’s also comfy for strong side carry. The way I’m built I like the longer holster length especially for appendix; and this is why, as I understand it, folks like JMCK offer long length holsters for smaller weapons. For example, I carry my Px4Cc appendix in a “long” wing claw 2.5, where “long” is essentially the full size px4 length.

I’m tall and maybe that’s why the longer 92 full-size holster carries more comfortably appendix for me than does the px4 long holster, which I believe is down to the fact a full-size 92 is longer than a full-size px4.

Therefore I have no desire for a shorter holster to carry a compact, appendix or strong side. I’m sure it’s different for others.

Understood, but wouldn't "any holster for the 92 with rail" be slightly too long for these LTT Centurions and Compacts (not trying to be sarcastic by putting that in quotes, by the way, I'm genuinely trying to get the best info possible)? I would like to order a decked out Kramer in horsehide and shark and I see he offers one for a Beretta 92 Centurion, so I guess that is the route to go with Kramer. Really hoping Milt Sparks offers holsters for these as well, as I just always come back to MS for my leather needs. If you've owned a lot of leather holster products, you probably know what I'm talking about. There are a lot of high-quality makers out there, but Milt Sparks pays attention to the little details that make a huge difference. I'm saying this now because I just today received Commander 1911 holsters from some top-of-the-line holster makers and the Milt Sparks is still much better. MS doesn't add any leather where it isn't needed, the same style holster will be slimmer, almost guaranteed, when compared to a similar holster that someone else made, and again, their attention to details is just some of the best I've seen.

I say all that to say this - I hope they start making dedicated holsters for these new LTT Berettas with the compact, railed slides!

I have been having this dilemma in my head as well, but when I look at it objectively, which is to say, when I look at it from the perspective that's not "I'll just buy all three (full size, Centurion, and Compact)!", then I keep coming back to the Compact. If this is going to be a dedicated carry gun, which for me it will be, then I don't want the extra grip length. I think the Centurion is really cool, and I'd love to have one with the hammer that's on the Compact, but when I really think about it from a functional perspective, the Compact makes more sense. I don't want the extra weight and grip length of the Centurion and, now that the Compact comes with 3 15-round Mecgar mags, that's the way I am very likely going to go in 2020. I'll carry spare 18-round Mecgars as backups (1 or 2). I like the Mecgar 20-rounders as well, but the +2 baseplate on them prints a little more than the standard baseplate that is on the 18-rounders.

If I were thinking about this from a duty or competition perspective, I'd go with the full size; no doubt. For me, I just can't justify where the Centurion would fit in for me given my current needs.

I agree with all three of your points. I see a completely decked out Compact in my future (within the next year) that'll have NP3, carry bevel, spartan sights, and optimized trigger bar.

Yung
10-17-2019, 10:24 PM

I currently carry a G45 in appendix. Tony recommended making my holster G17-length and it doesn't bother me all day when sitting, crouching, bending, kneeling or leaning over at work, or lounging around at home.

I would likely have gotten both the Centurion and Compact, but having purchased two full-size 92s on a whim not long before the pre-order announcements were made, I decided to go with just the Compacts. A friend who is taller than me and used to carry G34s has reassured me that despite our considerable difference in height (I'm 5'8", he's six something) I shouldn't have any problems with wearing the bigger guns.

The harder decision in this process for me was actually in holster choice between sticking with JMCK or trying out one of Spencer's Keepers.

fpnunes
10-18-2019, 06:11 AM

I'll be grabbing a Centurion solely due to the fact that my PX4CCs fill my EDC role otherwise it would be a much tougher decision for me.

Sal Picante
10-18-2019, 01:24 PM

?Porque no los dos?

Sal Picante
10-18-2019, 02:00 PM

GJM SouthNarc -

IMHO The short barrel/slide compared to the full size 92 doesn't add/take anything away. I just don't "get" the centurion. That said, I'm a 6'4" dude at 210... I could fit a 7" AR down my pants and still be comfortable...

I do see a difference when going to the compact - the already short grip of the Beretta sits just above the fleshy part that seems to counter-balance an active trigger finger. It is subtle. I can't objectively find it on the timer. I can, however, find it on the belt-line while carrying. (Just a 1/4" of the length seems so much smaller... :rolleyes: )

My main reasons for carrying a larger Beretta have come from two secondary topics:
1.) The checkering on the compact frames I had (unless you have it done somewhere), lent itself to a slippery grip.
2.) The fixed front sights weren't very well regulated with the stock sights or the WC sights I had made. There just wasn't enough market to make a lower (.250") sight for the centurion/compact pistols.

This changes with the 92X compact and the LTT compact guns seem to address both of those concerns as they have a better checking and both the front and rear sights are adjustable.

I've got a couple of "g-converted" compacts (without the rail) that I really like. One was done by Wilson Combat, the other by AGW. Both shoot well (except at 25 yards...)

p/B3xTxAWpsZI

usmc_k9_vet
10-18-2019, 03:34 PM
GJM SouthNarc -

(except at 25 yards...)

p/B3xTxAWpsZI

Why not at 25 yards?

Sal Picante
10-19-2019, 12:40 PM
Why not at 25 yards?

:rolleyes: What is it with Marines and reading comprehension?

My main reasons for carrying a larger Beretta have come from two secondary topics:
1.) The checkering on the compact frames I had (unless you have it done somewhere), lent itself to a slippery grip.
2.) The fixed front sights weren't very well regulated with the stock sights or the WC sights I had made. There just wasn't enough market to make a lower (.250") sight for the centurion/compact pistols.

usmc_k9_vet
10-19-2019, 03:13 PM
:rolleyes: What is it with Marines and reading comprehension?

Sooooo what I'm gathering is the checkering and sights do not lend them to be sweet shooters at 25 yards?

Medusa
10-19-2019, 03:23 PM
If the LTT compact shoots at 25 like my pc4ccs, it’ll be good.

spinmove_
10-19-2019, 05:44 PM
Sooooo what I'm gathering is the checkering and sights do not lend them to be sweet shooters at 25 yards?

Wow, you hoarked down a red, blue, yellow, and purple crayon for lunch today I see...

As per his point #2, the sights are not very well regulated for desired POI at 25 yds on the box stock 92 Compact. Although, as Les pointed out, because the Elite LTT Compact has dovetailed front and rear sights, this issue is a thing of the past on that model.

usmc_k9_vet
10-19-2019, 07:04 PM
Wow, you hoarked down a red, blue, yellow, and purple crayon for lunch today I see...

As per his point #2, the sights are not very well regulated for desired POI at 25 yds on the box stock 92 Compact. Although, as Les pointed out, because the Elite LTT Compact has dovetailed front and rear sights, this issue is a thing of the past on that model.

Sorry man I’ve got a couple of Berettas, but sometimes it’s hard to sift through all of the differences between all the different 92s that are out there - WC vs LTT vs 92x vs etc. - and which ones have which kinds of sights etc.

Thanks for the info all. Glad to hear the sights on the LTT models are an improvement over some other models out there.

Cory
10-19-2019, 07:04 PM
As a former Army guy, I enjoy picking on the misguided children of uncle sam too. But we could probably give the guy a break.

I'm possibly on board for a compact sometime in the distant future. My question, is how much better do these conceal for folks? Does anyone have any comparison photos with a common cover garment? I'm 6' 185lb.

I'm wondering if a compact is worth pursuing if I already carry a full size. If the concealment with one of the big 3 (Keepers, JMCK, DSG) is significantly better I'd think about an carry gun change.

Eitherway it's a year out at best for me. What I have is working, so no urgent need for change. And I have other plans that take priority.

-Cory

usmc_k9_vet
10-19-2019, 08:39 PM
As a former Army guy, I enjoy picking on the misguided children of uncle sam too. But we could probably give the guy a break.

I'm possibly on board for a compact sometime in the distant future. My question, is how much better do these conceal for folks? Does anyone have any comparison photos with a common cover garment? I'm 6' 185lb.

I'm wondering if a compact is worth pursuing if I already carry a full size. If the concealment with one of the big 3 (Keepers, JMCK, DSG) is significantly better I'd think about an carry gun change.

Eitherway it's a year out at best for me. What I have is working, so no urgent need for change. And I have other plans that take priority.

-Cory

I don’t know if this helps as it sounds like you may carry appendix and our body types sound quite different. I carry at 3-3:30 in a Milt Sparks VM2 and I’m 5’9” (on a good day) and weigh 215. Muscular build, but the crayons have, over the years, migrated to my midsection. Here are some comparison photos:

92G Brig Tac
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191020/fa2d1328c86a8bff6be9ba397c669c0c.jpg

92G Brig Tac
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191020/0649f69a191333828f5144093fe9165e.jpg

92G Compact
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191020/6091d84cf56270ffd46ade1244358282.jpg

92G Compact
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191020/59dd016f4fc09e9578d7728d7f8c10cc.jpg

From the front, really no difference in concealment for me due to the position I carry. Anything is only really noticeable if I bend way over like I did a couple of posts ago. That’s the only time, for me, that the Compact really wins in concealment over the Brig Tac. The Milt Sparks VM2 holds the gun high and tight to the body.

Hope this helps.

BCWood64
10-20-2019, 09:33 AM
Just pre-ordered the Centurion version with the optimized trigger bad and Langdon's trigger job. I'm looking forward to see how it compares to my Wilson Brig Tac with their trigger job. I know Langdon was the one who taught the smith's at Wilson. After shooting my buddy's Elite LTT and comparing it to the Brig Tac, they were similar but just a tad different.

Plan to use this guy for USPSA as well. It should be legal I believe with the trigger bar since its a option from the factory.

Sal Picante
10-20-2019, 10:12 PM

-Cory

Since you AIWB, I think you may dig it...

The thickness of the slide/lever is going to be the same (why mine have single-sided levers) and that is probably the most "protrusive" part of CCW'ing the 92.

The shorter handles helps just a little bit with concealment...

Ultimately, the gun isn't *that* different from the full-size, which is nice, really...

Sal Picante
10-20-2019, 10:13 PM
Sorry man I’ve got a couple of Berettas, but sometimes it’s hard to sift through all of the differences between all the different 92s that are out there - WC vs LTT vs 92x vs etc. - and which ones have which kinds of sights etc.

Thanks for the info all. Glad to hear the sights on the LTT models are an improvement over some other models out there.

It's really the integral sights on the compact and centurions that I've had issues with... The new compacts have the front replaceable sights, but, the old guns all had the solid 92FS style front sight...

usmc_k9_vet
10-20-2019, 10:26 PM
It's really the integral sights on the compact and centurions that I've had issues with... The new compacts have the front replaceable sights, but, the old guns all had the solid 92FS style front sight...

Got it. The Wilson/Beretta 92G CC that I've got is a great gun, but the sights are definitely less than ideal. I've actually started cc'ing the Brig Tac now that the weather has turned to shit here in the greater-Seattle-area and honestly, I'm not noticing that big of a difference with concealment. This is actually making me think a new LTT Centurion with Spartan sights may be my next purchase.

LangdonTactical
10-21-2019, 03:18 PM
LangdonTactical

How do I do that?

Sorry for the late response. But as it has been stated, all the "Carry Bevel" guns get the trigger bar as a standard part of the build.

BCWood64
10-31-2019, 04:38 PM
Curious if any one heard about if these shipped from Beretta yet? I know its only been two days just curious more then anything.

medmo
11-02-2019, 04:36 AM
Curious if any one heard about if these shipped from Beretta yet? I know its only been two days just curious more then anything.

Yes. I checked out a 92x Centurion yesterday at Cabela’s. Stopped by for rifle ammo on the way home, swung by the Beretta handgun case and was happily surprised to see one. Since they have the trigger lock policy I wasn’t able to stroke the trigger and feel the action. That was sad.

Tim92G
11-05-2019, 07:06 AM

I've been checking on this forum and the Langdon Tactical Facebook page, so far nothing yet.

BCWood64
11-05-2019, 09:04 AM
I've been checking on this forum and the Langdon Tactical Facebook page, so far nothing yet.

Yeah I checked the website they removed the 28th October date and just said should be shipping late October.

No biggie just looking forward to it!

23JAZ
11-06-2019, 08:00 AM
Looking to get my first 92. I’m really liking the idea of the compact but I’ve never handled one. What is the grip length like compared to a Glock 19? If I can get a full grip on a G19 would I be able to get a full grip on the compact without that little pinky rest?

Tim92G
11-06-2019, 09:34 AM
I did notice this morning that the black pre order button now says order, I hope that's a good sign.

JTQ
11-06-2019, 09:35 AM
Looking to get my first 92. I’m really liking the idea of the compact but I’ve never handled one. What is the grip length like compared to a Glock 19? If I can get a full grip on a G19 would I be able to get a full grip on the compact without that little pinky rest?
I don't know the numbers, but you can get a visual reference in this thread at post #1

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?16519-The-PX4-Compact-might-be-my-DA-SA-Glock-19

beenalongtime
11-06-2019, 09:44 AM

Well, I would hope he was occupied on Halloween. Besides that, I wonder how many people ordered one of these guns, "factory", with no mods. They would be the first to see them, I expect. (probably not many)
Other then that, he has to get enough in, to do his batches of NP3'ing, and everything else. (probably actually might see one, mid November at the earliest)

LHS
11-06-2019, 01:05 PM
I really do love seeing the resurgence of the 92 that you're leading, Ernest. This is great stuff :)

BCWood64
11-06-2019, 04:44 PM
Yeah I love the 92 series and what EL has done with it. I love my Wilson Brig Tac, boy that trigger is buttery smooth! Use it for Production in USPSA. Looking forward to the Centurion.

Tim92G
11-07-2019, 05:20 AM
The Centurion is now showing instock with full price to order, the compact still shows pre-order.

LTC77406
11-07-2019, 06:22 PM
Just got an email that says they've started receiving the guns from Beretta. Bulk to arrive tomorrow and Monday.

EVP
11-07-2019, 06:33 PM
I apologize if this has been touched on as I did not read through every single post.

I saw Ernest mention the following when discussing why you cannot not just swap a compact side on a existing full size lower. He mentioned that the extra travel helps with reliability on the faster speed of the lighter compact slide. Gives time for the next round in the mag to get in front of the slide.

Is their a reliability difference between the full-size guns vs the compact slide guns(sort of like 1911s)? Also performance differences? The Centurion is really not that much smaller then a full-size.

Tim92G
11-07-2019, 06:37 PM
Just got an email that says they've started receiving the guns from Beretta. Bulk to arrive tomorrow and Monday.

I just recieved the same email a few minutes ago. Cant wait till it's in my hands.
I ordered mine with the trigger job and spartan sights.

Geno
11-07-2019, 07:55 PM
I just recieved the same email a few minutes ago. Cant wait till it's in my hands.
I ordered mine with the trigger job and spartan sights.

Got my email too.

beenalongtime
11-08-2019, 10:18 AM
Is their a reliability difference between the full-size guns vs the compact slide guns(sort of like 1911s)? Also performance differences? The Centurion is really not that much smaller then a full-size.

The reliability issue, comes when trying to combine parts not made to work together. Full size frames can be modified to be like the factory Centurion frame, which is what I was considering (Josh, Allegehny gunworks), before I knew LTT Centurions existed.

GJM
11-08-2019, 01:51 PM
The reliability issue, comes when trying to combine parts not made to work together. Full size frames can be modified to be like the factory Centurion frame, which is what I was considering (Josh, Allegehny gunworks), before I knew LTT Centurions existed.

My understanding, from Ernest, is that Compact and Centurion frames and slides work together, but they don’t interchange with the full size.

Tim92G
11-08-2019, 02:06 PM
Great news, Both the compact and the centurion now have regular pricing instead of pre order.
I also receive an email from LTT that they are both available to order.

beenalongtime
11-09-2019, 01:58 AM
My understanding, from Ernest, is that Compact and Centurion frames and slides work together, but they don’t interchange with the full size.

Again, not without the frame being modified (info can be found on the Beretta Forum).

mistertwo
11-11-2019, 03:29 PM
Just got an email that my Compact will be shipping out tomorrow. Mine will only have the trigger job and optimized trigger bar.

Tim92G
11-11-2019, 03:59 PM
Just got an email that my Compact will be shipping out tomorrow. Mine will only have the trigger job and optimized trigger bar.

Congrats, I also received an email, mine ships out tomorrow also.

mistertwo
11-11-2019, 04:18 PM
Congrats, I also received an email, mine ships out tomorrow also.

I'm waiting on a PX4 and LTT TJIAB for it to be delivered this week as well so double the LTT fun for me this week. :D

snow white
11-11-2019, 04:22 PM
I should be getting my notice soon then! Are they shipping with the holsters?

oregon45
11-11-2019, 04:31 PM
Just received an email on my Centurion. Looking forward to it!

Tim92G
11-11-2019, 05:19 PM
I should be getting my notice soon then! Are they shipping with the holsters?

It doesn't say anything about the holster, I emailed LTT about the shipping address as it was my address and they replied that was my receipt for payment and that a detailed receipt will be with my order that ships to to my ffl.

JimLob65
11-11-2019, 08:46 PM
Please post your impressions of the new Centurian or Compact. I am seriously considering ordering a Centurian with a trigger job.

Medusa
11-11-2019, 08:52 PM
I was told I placed the first order for a compact, but since I requested the carry bevel I know it’ll be a while before I see her. I’m confident she will be worth the wait as her full size sisters were / are.

snow white
11-13-2019, 11:59 AM
My compact will be shipping today,Cant wait! thank you LTT team!

BCWood64
11-13-2019, 01:51 PM
My Centurion shipped yesterday and should by my FFL Thursday-Friday. Sadly I'm out of state due to military TDY. Gonna be dying for it!

Tim92G
11-13-2019, 05:03 PM
My compact will be shipping today,Cant wait! thank you LTT team!

I just got an email that mines been picked up and in its way.

Rverdi
11-13-2019, 08:02 PM
Mine lands Friday, looking forward to it.

BCWood64
11-14-2019, 01:54 PM
Mine is sitting at my FFL but sadly I'm TDY and won't be able to get it for a month and half. My buddy is going to go check it out for me. He shot my Wilson Brig Tac so he should have a good feel of how it compares.

mistertwo
11-14-2019, 01:59 PM

Picked up my Compact earlier today and I think my LTT inspired Beretta collection is done for now. The compact seems to conceal better than I had expected. The shorter grip length definitely makes a difference for me.

Tim92G
11-14-2019, 05:18 PM

Picked up my Compact earlier today and I think my LTT inspired Beretta collection is done for now. The compact seems to conceal better than I had expected. The shorter grip length definitely makes a difference for me.

Congrats, Mine arrived at my ffl around
2pm , about half hour later my ffl called and said, I have something you have been awaiting on.
Unfortunately it will be this Saturday before I can pick it up.
Mistertwo, I also have the LTT Elite, the PX4CC, Wilson centurion , Wilson 92gcc and I also bought the compact.
I'm thinking the same way, I think I'm done for awhile

BCWood64
11-14-2019, 05:37 PM
A buddy of my drove down and played with it.

https://i.imgur.com/UBY04PZ.jpg

Yung
11-14-2019, 06:31 PM
Yet another set of twin bellissimas.

The Beretta compattas Ernesto Langdonio are okay too I guess.

Edit: oops, don't forgetta Berettas.

Medusa
11-14-2019, 06:42 PM
https://i.imgur.com/UBY04PZ.jpg

Comments regarding arousal withheld. Looks great.

BCWood64
11-14-2019, 07:07 PM
My buddy says he prefers this guns trigger over the Wilson Brig Tac one that I own. Looking forward to getting my hands on it!

oregon45
11-14-2019, 09:47 PM
Picked up my Centurion this afternoon; easily the best feeling Beretta trigger I've handled, and the gun itself is very well-fitted. Slide to frame fit is tight and smooth and the overall appearance of the gun is flawless. Now I need to get out to the range!

Tim92G
11-15-2019, 01:59 PM
http://https://postimg.cc/fkx44k50

mistertwo
11-15-2019, 02:37 PM
My buddy says he prefers this guns trigger over the Wilson Brig Tac one that I own. Looking forward to getting my hands on it!

I prefer the LTT triggers over the Wilson Combat triggers as well. I got the action tune on my Centurion Tactical but preferred the LTT trigger so much that I bought the LTT TJIAB and trigger bar for it.

NuJudge
11-15-2019, 02:50 PM
The guys in the gun shop handling the transfer didn't want to let me go with them.

snow white
11-15-2019, 03:16 PM
Picking my compact up when I get out of work in an hour. I Got the Spartan sights and the standard trigger. I'll be switching out the hammer spring for a #12 and installing the op trigger bar as I wait for the background check to go through. Im excited to get my hands on her.

Tim92G
11-15-2019, 03:48 PM
I also picked my compact up today, my ffl commented what a nice trigger it had.
I ordered mine with the trigger job, spartan sights and the optimized trigger bar
The only thing that I wish would have done differently is have the trigger bar np3 coated.

Tim92G
11-15-2019, 08:50 PM
https://postimg.cc/QBfFb3WC

revchuck38
11-15-2019, 08:58 PM
https://postimg.cc/QBfFb3WC

Targets or it didn't happen. :D

snow white
11-16-2019, 08:51 AM
So i picked my compact up last night. First thing that has stuck out to me is the slide to frame fitment. There is zero play between the two, its pretty darn impressive. I have a stock trigger that I set up with a #12 hammer spring and an op trigger bar. I have the same set up on my full size LTT and I really like it. I know everyone seems to be enamored with the trigger job and I'm shure its awesome but just with a #12 and the op trigger bar I cant justify spending the money on the TJIAB.

rcbusmc24
11-16-2019, 09:05 AM
My new compact is sitting at my buddies shop.... Unfortunately I'm currently deployed and won't be back until the end of Feb.... I has the sad right now....

oregon45
11-16-2019, 12:48 PM
Took my Centurion out to the range and ran 100 rounds of Blazer 115gr FMJ through it. No stoppages, as to be expected. One thing I noticed after I was done shooting was the lack of any "hot spots" on my hands from abrasion against the gun. I don't have the "carry bevel" on this Centurion, but, as it comes from the factory it's a pretty smooth gun and feels great in the hand.

https://i.imgur.com/0UIkafo.jpg?1

snow white
11-16-2019, 04:32 PM

LangdonTactical
11-18-2019, 05:47 PM
I now have had my hands inside and outside of almost 200 of the new Elite LTT Compacts and Centurions. Beretta is doing a great job on these guns and this may be the nicest batch of Elites we have gotten yet. The Laser Engraved slide is an improvement and the cosmetics of the gun overall are better than I have seen out of Beretta in a long time. Everything seems to be just a little bit better, even the mag well seems to be cut better and just a little deeper.

Color me impressed, super happy with this project.

JimLob65
11-18-2019, 09:02 PM
I now have had my hands inside and outside of almost 200 of the new Elite LTT Compacts and Centurions. Beretta is doing a great job on these guns and this may be the nicest batch of Elites we have gotten yet. The Laser Engraved slide is an improvement and the cosmetics of the gun overall are better than I have seen out of Beretta in a long time. Everything seems to be just a little bit better, even the mag well seems to be cut better and just a little deeper.

That’s great to hear! I am very happy with my LTT Elite, and if the newest batch is even better...!!

I hope these projects work out beyond your expectations. They are exceptional guns at a damn good price. And thanks again for participating on this board. We are truly lucky to have access to someone like you.

Medusa
11-21-2019, 02:08 PM
Got the call from LTT this morning, paid the balance, and am guardedly hopeful I’ll be seeing my carry bevel compact sooner than expected.

Jeep
11-21-2019, 02:15 PM

Ernest: I hope you are making some money as well. Not only is this America where guys (like you) with better ideas should make money, but I'm hoping that this is profitable enough to keep you going in the business, because what you are doing is revolutionizing the DA/SA pistol. You've turned a good gun (the basic 92/M9) into an amazing gun that is available at a decent price. In addition you are selling accessories that can help all Beretta owners.

STI
11-22-2019, 12:45 PM
This thing is freaking awesome!

For the Beretta uninitiated - should I be using a dummy round for dry fire?

Inkwell 41
11-22-2019, 12:51 PM

Oh my..... that is very nice. Yes, yes indeed. My full size needs a little brother.

Manbearspider
11-22-2019, 02:07 PM

Not required, but never hurts.

Medusa
11-22-2019, 02:29 PM

If you do a lot of dry fire, yes. I always use one for dry fire sessions.

KG
11-23-2019, 12:29 PM

If you are just pulling the trigger, not practicing reloads, a foam earplug can also work. An earplug adds an additional safety layer too if a live round is ever in the chamber.

bofe954
11-23-2019, 02:52 PM
How are the spartan sights regulated on the compact? Drive the dot, or top of front sight?

fpnunes
11-23-2019, 04:32 PM
If you are just pulling the trigger, not practicing reloads, a foam earplug can also work. An earplug adds an additional safety layer too if a live round is ever in the chamber.

I’ve done the same thing for years. Simple, but effective insurance!

Sal Picante
11-25-2019, 10:24 AM

Nice sight...

Sal Picante
11-25-2019, 10:26 AM

I don't bother... You will eventually break a FP and a wear out a spring, but, meh... Cost of doing business...

liliana2
11-25-2019, 03:06 PM

Can You Post more images Elite LTT Compact?
Its great looking gun

KG
11-25-2019, 05:36 PM
Nice sight...

Thanks, couldn’t have done it without you....

Your rear sight in .305 with the fiber front is the best LTT combo for me.

LangdonTactical
11-25-2019, 06:39 PM
Ernest: I hope you are making some money as well. Not only is this America where guys (like you) with better ideas should make money, but I'm hoping that this is profitable enough to keep you going in the business, because what you are doing is revolutionizing the DA/SA pistol. You've turned a good gun (the basic 92/M9) into an amazing gun that is available at a decent price. In addition you are selling accessories that can help all Beretta owners.

Thank you for your support and kind words. We are working hard and the business is growing. Pretty much everything we make gets re-invested right back into the business. And we are having fun to boot.

fpnunes
11-27-2019, 10:45 AM
Has anyone run across a video review for these yet, aside from Ernest's short PR release? I'm trying to decide if I want the centurion or the compact.

TheNewbie
11-27-2019, 11:49 AM
Thank you for your support and kind words. We are working hard and the business is growing. Pretty much everything we make gets re-invested right back into the business. And we are having fun to boot.

Now just bring back the 92D! Please.... :p

Seriously, thank you for your contributions to this forum specifically, and the shooting world in general. It’s nice to have an actual shooter helping make guns better.

10mmfanboy
11-27-2019, 02:20 PM
Has anyone run across a video review for these yet, aside from Ernest's short PR release? I'm trying to decide if I want the centurion or the compact.
Military arms channel reviewed the compact LTT.

spence
11-27-2019, 02:29 PM

Seriously, thank you for your contributions to this forum specifically, and the shooting world in general. It’s nice to have an actual shooter helping make guns better.

Since I started shooting an M9, I’ve spent so much time working the DA, with a trigger job, a 92D would almost be cool.

I hate admitting that.

TheNewbie
11-27-2019, 02:30 PM
Since I started shooting an M9, I’ve spent so much time working the DA, with a trigger job, a 92D would almost be cool.

I hate admitting that.

A 92D no rail compact would be nice.

I don’t mind admitting it.

fpnunes
11-27-2019, 04:09 PM
Military arms channel reviewed the compact LTT.

Perfect! Thank you 10mmFB.

BCWood64
11-27-2019, 09:08 PM
Its killing me that I know my 92 Centurion is sitting at my FFL waiting for me and I'm stuck halfway around the country TDY. Dying to compare it to my Wilson Brig Tac!

liliana2
11-28-2019, 03:21 AM
Can anyone share their experience of shooting with the Elite Ltt 92G Compact?
I care about the usual opinion

Chuck Whitlock
11-28-2019, 01:28 PM
A 92D no rail compact would be nice.

I don’t mind admitting it.

I unliked this so that I could like it again!

beenalongtime
12-02-2019, 01:24 AM
WTF? LangdonTactical

Picked up both the Centurion and the Compact, Saturday. I fully expected to be only mildly impressed with the compact and love the Centurion. (have a Wilson Centec that I was considering modding a LTT frame for, prior to them)
I don't know exactly what you have had done (such as more undercut of the trigger guard, or if that point there was an issue), but those magazine base plates, made the gun one I could finally comfortably handle. (messed up pinky finger)
And night sights...... For someone who works nights, I could actually see carrying this now (still plan on the PX4, due to weight savings).

I took it home, polished the hammer and put the TJIAB that I had ordered from you, prior, and can't wait to take it to the range Tuesday. Will take them both, but really planning on spending a day with this one.

Super impressed and already ordered extra magazines from you.

Thanks to you, Aimee and the crew!!!

Cory
12-02-2019, 08:30 PM

Ballistic Radio host John Johnston teased that he has the only 92D Elite LTT in existence just recently.

p/B5g5xUXgc0L

-Cory

Willard
12-02-2019, 09:06 PM
Ballistic Radio host John Johnston teased that he has the only 92D Elite LTT in existence just recently.

-Cory

Did you take it this was first of a reintroduction?

NuJudge
12-02-2019, 09:15 PM
Can anyone share their experience of shooting with the Elite Ltt 92G Compact?
I care about the usual opinion

Mine shoots a little bit lower than point of aim at 50 feet, so I think I will search for a taller rear sight. Langdon does offer a different set of sights, which I did not get.

The short Compact magazine that holds 15 rounds is a marvel. It is apparently made by MecGar for Beretta. Langdon did a video on how they pack more rounds into the Compact magazine. MecGar is also making a B92 full size magazine that holds 18 rounds, and I have been using several of those for a year, and the spring on one of them got tired, and the slide will not lock back after the last round. I do have worries about the durability of the springs on these higher capacity/same size magazines. Magazines from a 92 full size latch in normally in the Compact. Beretta sells a filler piece you can fit over the top of a full size magazine, so there's no gap when used in the shorter compact. I wish Mr Langdon could get MecGar to sell replacement magazine springs for the Compact 15 and full size 18 round magazines (CZ sells a replacement spring for the 18 round full size MecGar mag, and I've gotten them, but have not tested them yet).

Get the full trigger job done by Langdon. I have several Beretta 92 pistols with trigger jobs by Langdon, and several other Beretta 92 pistols with his Trigger Job In A Bag, and there is a difference that is large enough for me to sense. IIRC he is using a 13 pound hammer/mainspring in these Compact pistols. The Beretta standard spring is 20+ pounds, which is way heavier than necessary. Beretta uses a 16 pound hammer/main spring in the DAO 92G, which gives much nicer DA trigger pulls in the 92FS or 92G. For 6 months I have been using a 12 pound hammer/main spring in several 92G pistols that have either the Wilson or Langdon improved trigger bars, with no ignition problems in 9mm, even with hard Russian primed ammo. Using such springs drops the DA pull weight from about 12 pounds to less than 7 pounds. I read of people claiming no ignition problems using an 11 pound hammer/mainspring, if they use Federal primers, but I have not tried the 11 pound spring.

With the 12 pound hammer/main spring, Langdon trigger bar and TJIAB, and a .22 practice kit mounted on a B92, I do have ignition problems with .22 CCI SV. I continue to have some .22 ignition problems with 13 pound. I am still experimenting with heavier springs.

Langdon offers NP3 coatings for parts, or the whole pistol. I do have a NP3-type coated B92 pistol, which I did because the pistol was really ugly, and to see if it slicked up and or made it easier to clean. There may be an improvement in slickness of the parts meshing, or ease of cleaning. I did put a NP3 coated TJIAB and extended mag release on that pistol, and had no problems with fit caused by the coating.

I wish it did not have the rail. Holstering it in a IWB leather holster seems to always take more force than the non-railed, and to push the slide back slightly, to the first hammer click if I do not have my thumb on the hammer as I holster. It also requires a different holster than the non-railed pistols. For a relatively deep concealment pistol, can you conceive of putting a light on its rail, and holstering all of that? I may have the rail removed from the Compact pistol I got from Langdon, and maybe the Centurion also. Maybe the rail belongs there on the full size.

I believe I will experiment with different magazine floor plates for the Compact magazine, in particular a flat one. The Compact comes with magazines that have a finger extension. I carried a .380 PPK for years, and don't think the mag finger extension mags improved control over flat mag floor plates. I don't live in a State where a concealed pistol "printing" is a violation, and I always wear loose robes or suit coats, but I try not to advertise.

I have big hands, so the girth of the 92 with standard grips is not a problem for me, I like my hand full. Langdon has much thinner grips on his Berettas. I don't mind the thinner girth. I still shoot the his pistols well.

Always think about what you are going to do with a pistol before buying it. Buying it just to look at is still a good enough reason. The Compact is a fair amount smaller than full size or Centurion sized, but thanks to the Wondermag, has most of the weight, but you don't HAVE to to carry 15 in the magazine.

I'm glad I bought each of the three pistols, and would do it again in an instant.

Cory
12-02-2019, 09:52 PM
Did you take it this was first of a reintroduction?

I think it was intentionally vague.

In case you can't see the instagram post I'll put it in text. The exact quote from the instagram post was:

Oh look, the only @langdontactical LTT 92D currently in existence. Thing has a 5.25 pound DAO trigger. It's stupid nice. #19RoundKframe

When asked why no FCS, he said he didn't care for them much. This implied it was a new gun built by Langdon and not a franken gun. I don't know if it'll be a come back. I would be suprised if it's anything other than a feeler, but that's based entirely on my perception of DAO's lack of popularity. Looks like Doc_Glock is in for one though.

-Cory

Willard
12-02-2019, 09:58 PM
I think it was intentionally vague.

In case you can't see the instagram post I'll put it in text. The exact quote from the instagram post was:

When asked why no FCS, he said he didn't care for them much. This implied it was a new gun built by Langdon and not a franken gun. I don't know if it'll be a come back. I would be suprised if it's anything other than a feeler, but that's based entirely on my perception of DAO's lack of popularity. Looks like Doc_Glock is in for one though.

-Cory

Thanks. The "currently" in existence makes me hope this will be a thing.

TheNewbie
12-02-2019, 10:11 PM
Though I would prefer no rail, but I’ll take any 92D.

Screwball
12-03-2019, 07:26 AM
Compacts, Centurions, Ds... what I’d love to see are Type M pistols (G model, please).

Manbearspider
12-03-2019, 10:45 AM
The lack of front serrations makes me think that is probably a frankengun. All it'd be is converting the frame over to a D (a couple parts I if I remember right) and laying hands on a 92D Vertec slide (thats a bit trickier). Still pretty sick though.

TheNewbie
12-03-2019, 11:07 AM
The lack of front serrations makes me think that is probably a frankengun. All it'd be is converting the frame over to a D (a couple parts I if I remember right) and laying hands on a 92D Vertec slide (thats a bit trickier). Still pretty sick though.

I thought converting to a D gun was more complicated. Maybe I’m wrong since I’m not familiar with the conversions.

Wingate's Hairbrush
12-03-2019, 12:23 PM
Thanks. The "currently" in existence makes me hope this will be a thing.LTT Compact 92, D configuration, no rail -- my ideal double-stack 9mm S&W K-frame. ;)

TheNewbie
12-03-2019, 01:09 PM
LTT Compact 92, D configuration, no rail -- my ideal double-stack 9mm S&W K-frame. ;)

Same for me.

MSparks909
12-03-2019, 01:23 PM
I wish it did not have the rail. Holstering it in a IWB leather holster seems to always take more force than the non-railed, and to push the slide back slightly, to the first hammer click if I do not have my thumb on the hammer as I holster. It also requires a different holster than the non-railed pistols. For a relatively deep concealment pistol, can you conceive of putting a light on its rail, and holstering all of that? I may have the rail removed from the Compact pistol I got from Langdon, and maybe the Centurion also. Maybe the rail belongs there on the full size.

Why not just pick up a kydex IWB holster for a railed 92 compact? Pretty sure Langdon sells one that will work.

revchuck38
12-03-2019, 01:30 PM
LTT Compact 92, D configuration, no rail -- my ideal double-stack 9mm S&W K-frame. ;)

That’s how I think of my PX4 D. :)

Medusa
12-03-2019, 01:34 PM
Why not just pick up a kydex IWB holster for a railed 92 compact? Pretty sure Langdon sells one that will work.

My Kramer HH holsters made for railed 92s don’t have the problem nujudge described re holstering.

Wingate's Hairbrush
12-03-2019, 02:37 PM
That’s how I think of my PX4 D. :)I there a Compact version?

LangdonTactical
12-03-2019, 02:49 PM

p/B5g5xUXgc0L

-Cory

So, this was just a fun project for John. He had someone on the inside at Beretta track down a 92D Vertec Slide. Then he sent me that along with a brand new Elite LTT. We converted it to D and did the trigger work. It has a 12# hammer spring in it, which works more reliably in the D because of the solid one-piece firing pin. On top of that when you take away the sear rubbing on the front of the hammer and all the polishing we do, the DA is crazy smooth and light. Barly 5 lbs depending on where you measure on the trigger. Anyway, it is a 16, 18 or 19 shot K-frame depending on which mag you use. Could be a 21 shot K Frame with the right mag.

There are no plans to build guns this way unless we get crushed with requests (and I don't mean you and your 5 buddies that would buy one right away if it was less than $600). I know some of you love the idea, but the numbers don't lie and if the market supported building D models, Beretta would still be making them and they would pull a pretty penny on the Police Trade-in market.

NuJudge
12-03-2019, 04:31 PM

LTT offered me free Kydex holsters. I've had two misadventures where a Centurion jacked itself out of a IWB Kydex holster at 3:00. I've decided that I really need retention such as a thumb-break, and I've only seen those on Leather holsters. If you know of a maker who puts something like a thumb-break on a Kydex holster, I will be the first person in line to buy one.

CLaw
12-03-2019, 06:02 PM
So, this was just a fun project for John. He had someone on the inside at Beretta track down a 92D Vertec Slide. Then he sent me that along with a brand new Elite LTT. We converted it to D and did the trigger work. It has a 12# hammer spring in it, which works more reliably in the D because of the solid one-piece firing pin. On top of that when you take away the sear rubbing on the front of the hammer and all the polishing we do, the DA is crazy smooth and light. Barly 5 lbs depending on where you measure on the trigger. Anyway, it is a 16, 18 or 19 shot K-frame depending on which mag you use. Could be a 21 shot K Frame with the right mag.

There are no plans to build guns this way unless we get crushed with requests (and I don't mean you and your 5 buddies that would buy one right away if it was less than $600). I know some of you love the idea, but the numbers don't lie and if the market supported building D models, Beretta would still be making them and they would pull a pretty penny on the Police Trade-in market.

Very cool! Thank you for sharing.

revchuck38
12-03-2019, 07:33 PM
I there a Compact version?

Not that I’m aware of.

TheNewbie
12-03-2019, 07:39 PM

Thank you for this info.

This was mentioned earlier in the thread, is it possible to convert a 92FS to a 92D?

Wingate's Hairbrush
12-04-2019, 08:10 AM
...There are no plans to build guns this way unless we get crushed with requests (and I don't mean you and your 5 buddies that would buy one right away if it was less than $600). I know some of you love the idea, but the numbers don't lie and if the market supported building D models, Beretta would still be making them and they would pull a pretty penny on the Police Trade-in market.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMRrNY0pxfM