PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for a reliable, durable, narrow RDS

HeavyDuty
10-05-2019, 10:32 AM
I’m becoming a convert to the idea of a RDS on an everyday carry gun, which in my case is usually a G43. There’s a real shortage of quality narrow, low profile RDSes that will work on a single stack 9 like a 43 or 48.

I’ve seen enough mentions of durability problems with polymer lenses, so I’d prefer waiting until glass lenses are standard. Also, a closed emitter would be preferred.

At this point, I’m holding off - the new SIG Romeo0 is tempting, but I suspect it won’t have the durability needed for a defensive gun. You’d think this would be a big market...

HeavyDuty
10-10-2019, 07:26 AM
Did I see a rumor that the RMSc was going to be available with an optional glass lens?

Jamie
10-10-2019, 07:26 AM
I'm tagging in because I would love to put a RDS on my S&W 9mm Shield.

The industry seems to be moving in that direction. Just slower than I would like.

mistertwo
10-14-2019, 12:40 PM
I'm waiting on the same as well. I'm already all in on slide mounted red dots on my other pistols. Just need one for a narrow slide now.

OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor
10-14-2019, 01:32 PM
I'm tagging in because I would love to put a RDS on my S&W 9mm Shield.

The industry seems to be moving in that direction. Just slower than I would like.

Probably not what you're looking for but I had Mark of L&M Precision cut my gen. 1 Shield for a DP 3-4 yrs. ago w/ zero issues since.

Jamie
10-14-2019, 03:00 PM
Probably not what you're looking for but I had Mark of L&M Precision cut my gen. 1 Shield for a DP 3-4 yrs. ago w/ zero issues since.

Actually I'm intrigued. You wouldn't happen to have a photo of it posted here somewhere do you?
I would imagine a Kydex holster without a sweat guard would accommodate that setup reasonably well.

Thanks for the info.

OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor
10-14-2019, 03:18 PM
Actually I'm intrigued. You wouldn't happen to have a photo of it posted here somewhere do you?
I would imagine a Kydex holster without a sweat guard would accommodate that setup reasonably well.

Thanks for the info.

PM me Jamie to set up direct comms. for an email & will also send a pic. of it in a JM holster I AIWB it in daily.

Jamie
10-14-2019, 05:11 PM
PM me Jamie to set up direct comms. for an email & will also send a pic. of it in a JM holster I AIWB it in daily.

Excellent! Thank you.