PDA

View Full Version : NHL 2019 - 2020

blues
10-03-2019, 04:41 PM
It's that time again, ladies and germs. Smoke 'em if you got 'em. NHL season is upon us, thank the living gods!!!

Let's go Rangers!!!

Darth_Uno
10-03-2019, 05:50 PM
I’m not going to watch too close til baseball’s over. Which for the Cardinals might be this weekend.

Blues lost yesterday, but raising that flag before the game was something else.

Predictions:
Arizona vastly improves
Oilers still suck despite having McDavid
Toronto makes it past first round of playoffs

Grey
10-03-2019, 06:46 PM
Caps beat the blues the other night so we are off to a good start!

Coyotesfan97
10-03-2019, 06:50 PM
Lets go Yotes!! We’ve got a new owner and Tocchet brought Kessel here. Things are looking good!

awp_101
10-03-2019, 07:58 PM
Hoping for a deeper playoff run by the Stars this year...

https://youtu.be/4QmMlJ-fmG8

blues
10-03-2019, 09:06 PM
Rangers pulled it out. Winnipeg came hard and it was a grind the whole game.

New guys showed up along with the veterans and stood tall when it counted.

Tackleberry40sw
10-03-2019, 09:39 PM
It's that time again, ladies and germs. Smoke 'em if you got 'em. NHL season is upon us, thank the living gods!!!

Let's go Rangers!!!

Just to be the fly in the ointment, LET'S GO ISLANDERS!!!!

Drang
10-03-2019, 09:53 PM
So Seattle gets an NHL team in 2021, and Jerry Bruckheimer, of all people, still can't figure out a name for his team?

(I kind of like the Seattle Kraken, but that may just because of how I feel about Seattle these days...)

SD
10-11-2019, 08:10 AM
Predators vs.Capitals, last-night 6/5 respectively, what a game! Ovi is still got it going on. Pekka had 5 get past him, defense and passing was lacking from his teammates.

Coyotesfan97
10-11-2019, 04:20 PM
The Coyotes beat the Knights for their first win. Go Yotes!

blues
10-22-2019, 06:59 PM
Well, so far tonight it's paws before skates. (Should make someone in AZ happy. I'm not naming any names.)

Coyotesfan97
10-23-2019, 12:03 AM
Well, so far tonight it's paws before skates. (Should make someone in AZ happy. I'm not naming any names.)

Hmmm I wonder who that could be. :confused: :D

Drang
11-01-2019, 10:18 PM
So Seattle gets an NHL team in 2021, and Jerry Bruckheimer, of all people, still can't figure out a name for his team?

(I kind of like the Seattle Kraken, but that may just because of how I feel about Seattle these days...)

Jeebus, they have registered some stupid possibilities:
(https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/new-seattle-nhl-team-name-2019)

Seattle Cougars
Seattle Eagles
Seattle Emeralds
Seattle Evergreens
Seattle Firebirds
Seattle Kraken
Seattle Rainiers
Seattle Renegades
Seattle Sea Lions
Seattle Seals
Seattle Sockeyes
Seattle Totems
Seattle Whales

Maple Syrup Actual
11-02-2019, 12:07 AM
I'm just assuming they go with Sea Lions on account of the Seahawks and their rugby team the Sea Wolves. Erin says they are going with Seattle Sea Seagulls.

But I think at one time they did have a team called the Totems so maybe they'll bring that back.

Anyway I, like most people just north of the 49th, am VERY excited for a Seattle team. Close teams make great rivalries, and one of my best friends is a sports fan who lives in Seattle and has a spare room. And I am rooting for "Sockeyes" because that's a good punchy name. Sounds like a Junior A team, like a lot of the teams I grew up with.

blues
11-02-2019, 08:34 AM
I'm just assuming they go with Sea Lions on account of the Seahawks and their rugby team the Sea Wolves. Erin says they are going with Seattle Sea Seagulls.

But I think at one time they did have a team called the Totems so maybe they'll bring that back.

Anyway I, like most people just north of the 49th, am VERY excited for a Seattle team. Close teams make great rivalries, and one of my best friends is a sports fan who lives in Seattle and has a spare room. And I am rooting for "Sockeyes" because that's a good punchy name. Sounds like a Junior A team, like a lot of the teams I grew up with.

misanthropist

I see what you did there, you Chinook Canuck...;)

Drang
11-02-2019, 02:30 PM

Fun Fact: First Stanley Cup won by an American team was brought home by the Seattle Metropolitans.

I'd Steelheads, but it seems to have fallen off the list. Also, po-tay-to, po-tah-to.

Also, from the reporting, apparently the Seattle Mystery is (are) pre-ordained to be the Canucks' arch-rival.

Darth_Uno
11-07-2019, 03:42 AM
Bam. Blues beat Edmonton for a six game win streak. Islanders are on fire with a ten game streak. :eek:

Coyotesfan97
11-07-2019, 03:38 PM
The Yotes are 7-2-1 in the last ten. Currently sitting third in the Pacific. Just keep it up!

JSGlock34
11-07-2019, 09:20 PM
Enjoy.

ESPN: The ugly, gory, bloody secret life of NHL dentists (https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/27851359/the-ugly-gory-bloody-secret-life-nhl-dentists)

https://a3.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2019%2F1015%2Fr613435_1296x729_16 %2D9.jpg&w=920&h=518&scale=crop&cquality=80&location=origin&format=jpg

Darth_Uno
11-08-2019, 12:55 AM
The Yotes are 7-2-1 in the last ten. Currently sitting third in the Pacific. Just keep it up!

Ending the season over Calgary and Vegas is going to be a tall order. And Edmonton. I don’t know if Edmonton is really that good all of a sudden, or if they’ll fade away.

Winning is fun and all, but all you gotta do in the season is not suck so bad you miss the playoffs. Once you’re in it’s anybody’s game.