PDA

View Full Version : Guidance needed

Gearqueer
10-01-2019, 07:28 PM
Alright,

Say you ordered a riflescope from an online retailer that looked like a good deal with a valid coupon code. The scope’s features were listed, but the retailer didn’t mark the product model # anywhere in the description. You make the order and get the riflescope a week later, except it’s a model $150 of lesser value without the listed features advertised.

You call the online retailer who says “sorry, our description wasn’t accurate. Do you want a refund for the price difference or we can send you a return shipping label and refund you for the whole item?”

I asked them to send me the scope in the description, and they refused. I hope I’m not a jerk here, but my opinion is that I made a transaction on a listed price and I don’t feel like they have the right to inconvenience me with a reneged transaction.

What say you? Am I right, wrong, or just a cheap A-hole on this one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stephanie B
10-01-2019, 08:05 PM
What I think is that an ethical retailer would suck it up, send you the shipping label to send it back and then send you what you ordered.

But since they won't, I'd send it back, get a refund, and resolve never to deal with them again.

RevolverRob
10-01-2019, 08:50 PM
It sucks and the company sucks for doing that to you. Unfortunately, caveat emptor is still a reality. So, if it were me?

I'd send it back, get my money back, and call CS Tactical who gives P-F Members the best price every day of the week sans coupons.

For the record - I haven't need to buy optics in years, so I have actually never bought anything from CS Tactical. But they seem hella nice and support P-F and are always clear that they'll give P-F members the best price they can. You may not get the absolute lowest price, but you'll sleep better at night knowing you're helping support people who actually care about having your business.

Hambo
10-02-2019, 06:42 AM
Alright,

Say you ordered a riflescope from an online retailer that looked like a good deal with a valid coupon code. The scope’s features were listed, but the retailer didn’t mark the product model # anywhere in the description.

I'd stop right there unless I could get a confirmed model number. But you didn't, so get the return label and refund.

Darth_Uno
10-02-2019, 07:02 AM
Most of the time, retailers aren’t bound to honor incorrect pricing or misrepresented products. Assuming it was a genuine mistake and not intentionally misleading, that is.

Mistakes happen, and they promptly offered to correct it so you can’t complain about that. I’d take whichever offered option you prefer, call it a wrap and go on about my business.

And I’d avoid ordering products without item numbers in the future too.

JTQ
10-02-2019, 07:41 AM
I had a similar experience with SureFire on a flashlight.

I had the product number, which was single output, that I wanted, and was the model number they were advertising on sale. I ordered that product number, and got a dual output model. I surely could have made a mistake, but the single output feature was so important to me, I spent quite some time cross referencing the description and product number at multiple sources to verify it was the single output model that I wanted.

SureFire's response was similar to what you received, I just sent it back for a refund.

I still like SureFire as flashlights, but I was a little disappointed, and I'll probably not order directly from them in the future, though I'll probably own more of their lights.

okie john
10-02-2019, 08:48 AM
Return it, get all of your money back, and run.

Okie John

CS Tactical
10-02-2019, 11:30 AM
It sucks and the company sucks for doing that to you. Unfortunately, caveat emptor is still a reality. So, if it were me?

I'd send it back, get my money back, and call CS Tactical who gives P-F Members the best price every day of the week sans coupons.

For the record - I haven't need to buy optics in years, so I have actually never bought anything from CS Tactical. But they seem hella nice and support P-F and are always clear that they'll give P-F members the best price they can. You may not get the absolute lowest price, but you'll sleep better at night knowing you're helping support people who actually care about having your business.

I appreciate that :)

Gearqueer
10-02-2019, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the opinions. I will be sending it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk