PDA

View Full Version : Joined the 2nd Gen club

Jac
04-16-2012, 07:58 AM
Well, I left the fun show Saturday not with the SigPro I meant to pick up, but with a 2nd Gen G19.

I really meant to get a DA/SA gun, but there were no good deals on ones with night sights; after a bit of soul searching (which isn't easy in the middle of a gun show, when you're running out of time before the 5 month old needs to get home for her nap), I decided that, with the baby and the budget she comes with (financial & temporal), I'm not really in a good place to devote time or money to becoming proficient with a double action pistol. And I did much better with the Glock I rented the other day than with the P226.

So, I found a good deal on a barely used looking 19 with pretty bright night sights. Doesn't even have any holster wear, really. I've got the side panels taped up to give my uber-sweaty hands some purchase, and I'll be ordering a new RSA (this one doesn't quite pass the vertical test) and an extended mag release today; I can reach the stock one, but can't get enough leverage to drop the mag without shifting my grip. There's no difference between generations 2 and 3 with those parts, right?

JV_
04-16-2012, 08:00 AM
The RSAs are the same.

There's no difference between generations 2 and 3 with those parts, right?There's a difference between 2 pin and 3 pin guns.

http://www.glockmeister.com/Extended-Slide-Stop-Lever-For-Most-2-Pin-GLOCK-Models/productinfo/G7489/

MikeyC
04-16-2012, 10:45 AM
If you haven't ordered you mag release yet, and your comfortable with the idea, send me your address via PM and you can have mine. I ripped it back out within minutes of installing it.

Jac
04-16-2012, 09:30 PM
If you haven't ordered you mag release yet, and your comfortable with the idea, send me your address via PM and you can have mine. I ripped it back out within minutes of installing it.

Already ordered, but I appreciate the offer...

I've heard a lot of folks don't like the OEM extended release, but I've got a dremel and soldering iron; I figure if it's too long/sharp, I can afford to modify a $3.00 part.