PDA

View Full Version : 1000 lumens Streamlight with mount for $100, what’s the catch?

LittleLebowski
09-28-2019, 01:40 PM
Is it hard to “program” or something? I just want one click and then #AllTheLumens

https://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-88066-Professional-Flashlight-Batteries/dp/B06VTLLDH4

RevolverRob
09-28-2019, 01:45 PM
Is it hard to “program” or something? I just want one click and then #AllTheLumens

https://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-88066-Professional-Flashlight-Batteries/dp/B06VTLLDH4

That's easy. The Ten-Tap programming takes a little work, but it's possible.

I think the "catch" is this version is likely about to be discontinued -

Streamlight just dropped the new version (https://www.streamlight.com/en/products/detail/index/protac-rail-mount-hl-x-laser) with includes a laser and I believe it comes with their USB-rechargeable 18650.

Clusterfrack
09-28-2019, 01:51 PM
I have that light on my 1301. It’s a good light, especially at that price.

ratter75
09-28-2019, 02:09 PM
No catch. It’s legit.

LittleLebowski
09-28-2019, 02:10 PM
That's easy. The Ten-Tap programming takes a little work, but it's possible.

I think the "catch" is this version is likely about to be discontinued -

Streamlight just dropped the new version (https://www.streamlight.com/en/products/detail/index/protac-rail-mount-hl-x-laser) with includes a laser and I believe it comes with their USB-rechargeable 18650.

I think that it doesn’t have a laser, that is just the name?

ratter75
09-28-2019, 02:18 PM
As far as programming, if memory serves, out of the box it is set for IMO the most sensible use. One button push is full brightness. Double tap is strobe. Triple tap is low output. All of the above can be either light “momentary” pushes or click-and-it-stays-on. So you’ve got your wish - press the button once for all the lumens. No need to overthink it beyond that.

The included tape switch has a long momentary switch area and a small square click switch. Or you can skip the tape switch and use the included tail cap switch.

The closest thing I have to a complaint is that the mount, while very solid, is pretty big. I use a Proctor mount with mine. Streamlines the whole thing greatly.

But everything is included that you need. Even zip ties to Manage the tape switch cable. It’s a ridiculous value for the price.

RevolverRob
09-28-2019, 02:46 PM
But everything is included that you need. Even zip ties to Manage the tape switch cable. It’s a ridiculous value for the price.

That sold me. I bought two.

ratter75
09-28-2019, 02:48 PM
That sold me. I bought two.

I’ll be shocked if you are disappointed.

Coyotesfan97
09-28-2019, 02:58 PM
Pistol-Forum costs me money yet again. Thanks for the link LL. It’ll go on my 1301.

gringop
09-28-2019, 03:08 PM
My wallet hates you all.

Gringop

Casual Friday
09-28-2019, 03:18 PM
They are legit. This one that I have on my BCM 11.5" is the smaller, lighter 350 lumen version. Amazon had the bundle with the light and the Arisaka inline MLOK mount for $115 which I felt was a good deal considering the mount is $37 by itself. It came programmed as #allthelumens (https://pistol-forum.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=allthelumens) on the first click, strobe if you click twice, low on the third click, constant on with the button, which also allows you to bump fire it into the mode you want.

I don't have a ton of rounds with it mounted yet, probably 500 or so, but so far so good with no flickering. Prior to having the BRT Covert Comp on this gun, I was using that Vltor flash hider in the picture. After one range trip, it was caked with carbon as to be expected, but it cleaned off much easier than other weapon lights I've used. Not sure if they coat the lens with something but it sure made wiping off the carbon easier. I'm gonna order that 1000 lumen model as well.

LittleLebowski
09-28-2019, 03:50 PM
I’m still getting over this 1000 lumens thing, hot damn. What’s the best way to attach this to my 1301?

whomever
09-28-2019, 04:01 PM
"I think that it doesn’t have a laser, that is just the name?"

If I'm reading right, the old one (that the Amazon link is for) is just a light, no laser.

The Streamlight page for the new one says "Features an integrated red aiming laser ".

Doc_Glock
09-28-2019, 04:37 PM

Bro. Cost me money.

RevolverRob
09-28-2019, 05:02 PM
I’ll be shocked if you are disappointed.

Me too. Since one is just going on my 9mm AR house gun. And the other will go in a drawer to be mounted to a 1301 when I finally but one.

I’m still getting over this 1000 lumens thing, hot damn. What’s the best way to attach this to my 1301?

https://arisakadefense.com/collections/light-mounts-1

Lots of guys seem to love the Arisaka mounts, like the one Casual Friday has on his AR.

Cory
09-28-2019, 10:05 PM
Are these the ones that were getting poo pood by P&S for something? I was thinking it was durability.

-Cory

andre3k
09-28-2019, 10:11 PM
Are these the ones that were getting poo pood by P&S for something? I was thinking it was durability.

-CoryI think there were some complaints about flickering while the weapon was being fired. I'm only a sample of one but have never experienced the issue. I like all of my streamlights.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Nephrology
09-28-2019, 11:42 PM
I have two. Very happy so far. I use the push-cap lenses. Biggest beef is the giant tensions screw that limits L sided offset mounting options.

willie
09-29-2019, 12:12 AM
I plan to order one but will point out that when I some of the answered questions comment, I saw that one guy claimed to have ordered 5 and got two fakes. I realize that such is possible regardless. Any suggestions on how to detect fakes?

DpdG
09-29-2019, 02:36 AM
I’ve got one I used on a patrol rifle for a few years. Love the brightness, beam pattern, and user interface. Don’t like that occasionally it doesn’t work unless I purposely tap/whack the housing on something hard. I suspect it has something to do with the battery only having a sprung contact on one end.

Paul Blackburn
09-29-2019, 05:59 AM
I dont like the idea of putting Chinese products on my guns no matter the quality. China is anti American, overtly surveilling the US, and stealing what they want. Not getting lured in by low prices by a country I dont trust.
Imagine fighting a war with a country you are dependent on. I dont mean war in the traditional sense. More of a tech war, being out maneuvered, manipulated.

Casual Friday
09-29-2019, 10:07 AM
I dont like the idea of putting Chinese products on my guns no matter the quality. China is anti American, overtly surveilling the US, and stealing what they want. Not getting lured in by low prices by a country I dont trust.
Imagine fighting a war with a country you are dependent on. I dont mean war in the traditional sense. More of a tech war, being out maneuvered, manipulated.

Make sure you get rid of all your Chinese made household products, appliances, and electronics and only use American made ones. That'll show em.

Casual Friday
09-29-2019, 10:13 AM

They are legit. This one that I have on my BCM 11.5" is the smaller, lighter 350 lumen version. Amazon had the bundle with the light and the Arisaka inline MLOK mount for $115 which I felt was a good deal considering the mount is $37 by itself. It came programmed as #allthelumens (https://pistol-forum.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=allthelumens) on the first click, strobe if you click twice, low on the third click, constant on with the button, which also allows you to bump fire it into the mode you want.

I don't have a ton of rounds with it mounted yet, probably 500 or so, but so far so good with no flickering. Prior to having the BRT Covert Comp on this gun, I was using that Vltor flash hider in the picture. After one range trip, it was caked with carbon as to be expected, but it cleaned off much easier than other weapon lights I've used. Not sure if they coat the lens with something but it sure made wiping off the carbon easier. I'm gonna order that 1000 lumen model as well.

Correction on the bold part. Posting that photo yesterday reminded me that I needed to replace the front zip tie I broke trying to rotate it after it was cinched down. I played with the ten tap programming and I was incorrect about 3 clicks getting you to low. On factory settings, one click for #allthelumens and two for strobe, a third click is back to #allthelumens . It can also be programmed to be #allthelumensallthetime or just on low. I set mine to #allthelumensallthetime because I don't like strobe.

Paul Blackburn
09-29-2019, 10:57 AM
Make sure you get rid of all your Chinese made household products, appliances, and electronics and only use American made ones. That'll show em.

It's a matter of principle. Not about showing anybody. I liken giving in to higher quality, lower price chinese stuff to hanging out with a guy that raped your wife/girl friend. If China were not anti American it would be different but China is not our friend.

Cory
09-29-2019, 11:04 AM
It's a matter of principle. Not about showing anybody. I liken giving in to higher quality, lower price chinese stuff to hanging out with a guy that raped your wife/girl friend. If China were not anti American it would be different but China is not our friend.

Of course. Highest quality within financial budget is clearly the same as hanging out with someone who has raped your spouse.

And people say we eat our own.

-Cory

BehindBlueI's
09-29-2019, 11:11 AM

Out of curiosity, what device are you using to post this?

Casual Friday
09-29-2019, 11:59 AM

What. The. Actual. Fuck.

TGS
09-29-2019, 12:02 PM
Of course. Highest quality within financial budget is clearly the same as hanging out with someone who has raped your spouse.

And people say we eat our own.

-Cory

Shovel fucking wasn’t enough, now we are raping people too.

Cory
09-29-2019, 12:39 PM
Shovel fucking wasn’t enough, now we are raping people too.

Round point or flat? A friend wants to know...

Casual Friday
09-29-2019, 01:02 PM

kwb377
09-29-2019, 01:13 PM
Out of curiosity, what device are you using to post this?

I guaran-damn-tee whatever it is, it's 100% American (and possibly rape-free)...

https://images.computerhistory.org/timeline/timeline_computers_1950.era1101.jpg

lwt16
09-29-2019, 01:36 PM

Had mine for a year or so now. Rock solid.

My duty TLR1 HL (https://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-69260-Weapon-Tactical-Flashlight/dp/B00B8Q31UQ)? Rock solid. Thousands of rounds fired with it.

Regards.

Coyotesfan97
09-29-2019, 02:10 PM
Amazon Prime says mine will be delivered today.

RevolverRob
09-29-2019, 05:07 PM
What if I use my Chinese-made light on my American-made gun to identify an invading PRC Soldier and then shoot him with Russian-made ammo? Does that cancel everything out?

RevolverRob
09-29-2019, 06:42 PM
Seems good so far. We’ll see after a few hundred rounds, but I doubt a 9mm AR could break a light unless I hit it on something. Mounted fine to my Midwest Industries front-sight tower mount and the 3M adhesive is holding the pressure switch right where I want it. So, that’s all there is...

OlongJohnson
09-29-2019, 09:01 PM
What if I use my Chinese-made light on my American-made gun to identify an invading PRC Soldier and then shoot him with Russian-made ammo? Does that cancel everything out?

That would be very inclusive and globalist.

RevolverRob
09-29-2019, 09:24 PM
That would be very inclusive and globalist.

Well the gun has got a lot of 'Merican parts, and only a couple of Chinese parts (optic and light), but it is currently fed with Italian ammunition that is loaded with an American bullet (Fiocchi Extrema loaded with Hornady XTPs).

At least some of the parts were made by some German-American guy named Hahn. So, I guess that's like 1/2 'Merican, 1/4 Commie, and 1/4 Axis...So I guess I need to actually shoot at Russians or North Koreans for it all to make sense.

Lester Polfus
09-29-2019, 11:05 PM
It can also be programmed to be #allthelumensallthetime (https://pistol-forum.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=allthelumensallthetime) or just on low. I set mine to #allthelumensallthetime (https://pistol-forum.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=allthelumensallthetime) because I don't like strobe.

Thank you. This answered the question I was about to ask.

Still waiting to find out what kind of shovel though.

andre3k
09-30-2019, 12:26 AM

Good enough for me.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190930/62713a157dbab8f4eb9106cb8c115a16.jpg

Paul Blackburn
09-30-2019, 04:24 AM
Good enough for me.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190930/62713a157dbab8f4eb9106cb8c115a16.jpg

What is that?

andre3k
09-30-2019, 05:51 AM
What is that?

The tailcap of a beat up SL-20 that's been on night shift for 18 years.

LittleLebowski
09-30-2019, 06:07 AM
Mine will be here Tuesday.

Casual Friday
09-30-2019, 09:11 AM
What is that?

Them gal durn chinese commies is stampin made in murica on the flashlights now!!!

NEPAKevin
09-30-2019, 03:54 PM
Them gal durn chinese commies is stampin made in murica on the flashlights now!!!

Streamlight is HQed near Norristown, PA. Years ago, we used to be a dealer and IIRC, all the liteboxes and SL models we stocked were stamped something like that. However, the fact sheet (https://www.streamlight.com/docs/default-source/fact-sheet/297.pdf?sfvrsn=4) for the HL-X does state that it is made in China.

RevolverRob
09-30-2019, 05:41 PM
Streamlight is HQed near Norristown, PA. Years ago, we used to be a dealer and IIRC, all the liteboxes and SL models we stocked were stamped something like that. However, the fact sheet (https://www.streamlight.com/docs/default-source/fact-sheet/297.pdf?sfvrsn=4) for the HL-X does state that it is made in China.

Streamlight is still an American company, but most of their lights are made in China. Even the ones assembled in the U.S. use Chinese-made components and thus they cannot be marked "made in America". But then again, neither can Surefire (https://www.surefire.com/surefire-is-made-in-usa).

Currently, Elzetta claims "Made in the USA" which under FTC is all or nearly all of the product is made from US-derived parts, but this is actually unlikely. Virtually ALL flashlights these days are using Cree or Nichia derived LEDs and those LEDs are made in China (Cree) or Japan (Nichia). Even though CREE is a U.S.-based company and manufactures portions of its LEDs here, the wafer assembly goes on offshore to be assembled and thus is no longer "Made in the USA" when it is reimported. Malkoff, HDS Systems, and Prometheus Lights all acknowledge this in their FAQs. It's disingenuous for anyone to claim "Made in the USA" on a modern flashlight, unless they manufacture the entire LED assembly themselves (no one does that, it's way too expensive).

Long and short of it is - unless you're using an incandescent bulb light, it almost certainly has Chinese-derived parts contained in it. Even the best companies must used Chinese-derived parts quite frequently. Where a flashlight is made is not the hill to die on. But it does underscore how certain manufacturing capabilities simply do not exist in an affordable way in the US. Even if we wanted to build an LED light made entirely of US-derived parts we really couldn't at present. Best we could do is USA-derived body, switch, controller, but Japanese-derived LED.

Doc_Glock
09-30-2019, 06:17 PM
The only thing bad about this light is that it makes all my 4-5 year old lights seem pathetic and weak.

And I have no idea how to mount it to a 1301T.

And I can’t mount it at 12:00 to the AR because it is fat enough to block the sights. I suspect 11:00 will work fine.

I want five more. But will resist. For now.

OlongJohnson
09-30-2019, 08:18 PM
Streamlight is still an American company, but most of their lights are made in China. Even the ones assembled in the U.S. use Chinese-made components and thus they cannot be marked "made in America". But then again, neither can Surefire (https://www.surefire.com/surefire-is-made-in-usa).

Currently, Elzetta claims "Made in the USA" which under FTC is all or nearly all of the product is made from US-derived parts, but this is actually unlikely. Virtually ALL flashlights these days are using Cree or Nichia derived LEDs and those LEDs are made in China (Cree) or Japan (Nichia). Even though CREE is a U.S.-based company and manufactures portions of its LEDs here, the wafer assembly goes on offshore to be assembled and thus is no longer "Made in the USA" when it is reimported. Malkoff, HDS Systems, and Prometheus Lights all acknowledge this in their FAQs. It's disingenuous for anyone to claim "Made in the USA" on a modern flashlight, unless they manufacture the entire LED assembly themselves (no one does that, it's way too expensive).

Long and short of it is - unless you're using an incandescent bulb light, it almost certainly has Chinese-derived parts contained in it. Even the best companies must used Chinese-derived parts quite frequently. Where a flashlight is made is not the hill to die on. But it does underscore how certain manufacturing capabilities simply do not exist in an affordable way in the US. Even if we wanted to build an LED light made entirely of US-derived parts we really couldn't at present. Best we could do is USA-derived body, switch, controller, but Japanese-derived LED.

I'd run this post past an import-export lawyer before relying on it.

RevolverRob
09-30-2019, 08:25 PM
I'd run this post past an import-export lawyer before relying on it.

True. It probably went to a server in China and has been reimported. At this point, nothing I post is American Made.

dogcaller
10-01-2019, 06:17 AM
Any ideas how I might mount this to a Benelli M1S90?

RevolverRob
10-01-2019, 09:21 AM
Any ideas how I might mount this to a Benelli M1S90?

Carefully. Since flashlights are known to cause reliability issues with the M1.

Don't quote me on it - but I would bet this M2 mount from GG&G is close - https://www.gggaz.com/benelli-m2-flashlight-mount.html - I'd call or email them to double-check.

Casual Friday
10-01-2019, 11:02 AM

Yeah I know, that was a jab at the confused Boomer who said earlier that putting a Streamlight on your rifle was liking cozying up to the guy who raped your wife.

Trukinjp13
10-01-2019, 12:01 PM
Stream light builds good shit affordably. That is kinda the deal with streamlight. If everything were manufactured here they would be more than surefire and would kill them as far as sales. I have had and used streamlight for years. Shit works. I buy American whenever possible, but sometimes it is what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OlongJohnson
10-01-2019, 09:05 PM
The silicone o-ring on mine was putting up a fight. I hit it with Honda Shin-Etsu silicone grease I had in my garage from my convertible top days and it is much better behaved. Probably even less likely to get a twist or bunch that could impair waterproofness. Syl-Glide may also work. Just remember that silicone doesn't like petroleum products - it will swell and soften, then come apart.

gringop
10-02-2019, 03:28 AM
Well, F me.

I got mine in and it won't take any of my existing 18650 protected batts. Has to have one with a button top.

As a main rifle light, I will probably have 123s in there anyway but my primary excuse of buying this because "I'll save money using my 18650s" is shot to hell.

The 10 tap programming is reminding me why I was not accepted for a percussion slot in band in school. I can get it to work but it takes many tries. I just didn't get to do much fast staccato work as 5th chair alto sax.

It is a bright son of a gun, though.

Gringop

Flashman
10-06-2019, 01:12 PM
Streamlight's advert shows a rechargeable 18650 but with a plug in micro type USB port on the battery itself. However the battery and charger aren't sold with the flashlight nor does it appear to be available (anywhere). Other non-Streamlight 18650 batteries are available but chargeable with a more tradition type charger.

Does anybody know what is going on? It seems the flashlight is the brightest with the 18650 battery.

Doc_Glock
10-15-2019, 05:57 PM
So this $100 rapidly turned into a lot more:

Buy Weapon light: impressive.

Buy similar USB recharging handheld light.

Decide to mount on 1301.

Buy Aridus fore end.

Buy Magpul Mlock attachment

Decide I need another new weapon light for the AR.

Buy Arisaka offset Keymod mount for AR.

Still waiting for the AR stuff but this was good motivation to get the 1301 completely squared away. Except sling...

gringop
10-15-2019, 07:22 PM
Streamlight's advert shows a rechargeable 18650 but with a plug in micro type USB port on the battery itself. However the battery and charger aren't sold with the flashlight nor does it appear to be available (anywhere). Other non-Streamlight 18650 batteries are available but chargeable with a more tradition type charger.

Does anybody know what is going on? It seems the flashlight is the brightest with the 18650 battery.

Battery Junction has the Streamlight usb 18650.

https://www.batteryjunction.com/18650.html#/?Section=18650&search_return=all&Catalogbrand=Streamlight

Gringop

Doc_Glock
10-18-2019, 07:45 PM
Got the second installed. I really like them. The Arisaka mount is pretty trick as well.

Am I stupid to mount it so close to the flash hider?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191019/2da01f694d7e9bb1ff8db023a556d111.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191019/ea5791d1c938d77067770c1dc43d376e.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191019/be52926201185155686895f6fa36ca2e.jpg

Nephrology
10-18-2019, 08:35 PM
Got the second installed. I really like them. The Arisaka mount is pretty trick as well.

Am I stupid to mount it so close to the flash hider?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191019/2da01f694d7e9bb1ff8db023a556d111.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191019/ea5791d1c938d77067770c1dc43d376e.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191019/be52926201185155686895f6fa36ca2e.jpg

Mine seems to work just fine.

https://i.imgur.com/peADh0V.jpg

Doc_Glock
10-18-2019, 08:38 PM
JINX!

Mine seems to work just fine.

https://i.imgur.com/peADh0V.jpg

Nephrology
10-18-2019, 08:40 PM
JINX!

When scrolling past these photos quickly it is hard to tell whose post is whose. If mine were not FDE I would have no idea at all.

Casual Friday
11-08-2019, 04:14 PM
Well the pressure switch on one of the 350 lumen models is already starting to shit the bed. If I slightly bend the cable where it goes into the tail cap, or twist the rear portion of the tail cap, I can get the light to flicker or shut all the way off depending on which direction I bend or twist it. I discovered this last night going after a raccoon that tipped my garbage can over by the back patio. Thankfully it wasn't a bigger threat than the local Trash Panda. It hasn't been abused and there aren't many rounds through the gun it's on with the light attached. I haven't even had a chance to install the Cloud Defensive LCS that I bought for it.

Sample of one, but it has made me leery of them for serious use. I will keep the one that's on my beater training gun for now, but I'm returning the one with the faulty switch and I may just buy a Cloud Defensive OWL for my HD gun. I've avoided lights with cables for years because I feel that's the weak point in all of them, and as it turns out I was right. A 6P in a ring mount never did me wrong.

So if you bought one to put on a serious use gun, I'd inspect it and see if yours will do the same as mine.

rcbusmc24
11-09-2019, 11:47 AM
I used these lights for awhile when they first came out.... eventually some had flickering issues, or just wouldn't turn on intermittently, with both the provided tap switch and the clicky tail cap, after looking into it, the problem was mounting them in near muzzle breaks, and flash hiders, the circuitry did not hold up that well to heavy class and training use on 5.56 rifles. The last straw was when one went down as I was lead man on a training event out in town up at Alliance, with Chappy and Doc Spears.

Soon as I went through the door, went to action the light, nothing..... just worked in the van as we were pulling up to the objective....shit, hit my PEQ for the vis laser and start fishing the handheld out of it's pouch....start feeling the UTM rounds zip by me from the role player, get lucky, put the laser on a moving shape in the next darkish room and hit him twice, PID was really not up to standard..... finish clearing the house with the rest of the team with the handheld clamped against the hand guard of my rifle.

We get back to the range and I rip that thing off and put a Surefire m600 on for the rest of the course. On guns that won't be used a lot they are probably okay, I got rid of all mine, I am also death to gear so..... experiences may vary, but I don't have any weapons mounted streamlights anymore. handhelds I do, haven't had issues with those.

Price sure is good though.....

Casual Friday
11-09-2019, 12:18 PM
I used these lights for awhile when they first came out.... eventually some had flickering issues, or just wouldn't turn on intermittently, with both the provided tap switch and the clicky tail cap, after looking into it, the problem was mounting them in near muzzle breaks, and flash hiders, the circuitry did not hold up that well to heavy class and training use on 5.56 rifles. The last straw was when one went down as I was lead man on a training event out in town up at Alliance, with Chappy and Doc Spears.

Soon as I went through the door, went to action the light, nothing..... just worked in the van as we were pulling up to the objective....shit, hit my PEQ for the vis laser and start fishing the handheld out of it's pouch....start feeling the UTM rounds zip by me from the role player, get lucky, put the laser on a moving shape in the next darkish room and hit him twice, PID was really not up to standard..... finish clearing the house with the rest of the team with the handheld clamped against the hand guard of my rifle.

We get back to the range and I rip that thing off and put a Surefire m600 on for the rest of the course. On guns that won't be used a lot they are probably okay, I got rid of all mine, I am also death to gear so..... experiences may vary, but I don't have any weapons mounted streamlights anymore. handhelds I do, haven't had issues with those.

Price sure is good though.....

My raccoon incident isn't nearly as cool sounding as your incident at Alliance, but I'm thinking of selling the remaining two that I have with the Cloud Defensive LCS that I bought for them. One has been spray painted so I doubt I could return it even if it stopped working.

Flashman
11-10-2019, 06:23 PM
I have found Streamlights to wear out over time however they do honor their warranty claims quickly. Several of my returns have shown a lot of exterior wear but never a problem when returned. I have one Surefire without any problems but it is in the catagory as a similar problem free Streamlight, neither experienced heavy continuous use.

So for daily rigorous use I rotate Streamlights and usually end up with a warranty replacement about once a year.

rcbusmc24
11-10-2019, 10:31 PM
I have found Streamlights to wear out over time however they do honor their warranty claims quickly. Several of my returns have shown a lot of exterior wear but never a problem when returned. I have one Surefire without any problems but it is in the catagory as a similar problem free Streamlight, neither experienced heavy continuous use.

So for daily rigorous use I rotate Streamlights and usually end up with a warranty replacement about once a year.

I'm personally not willing to play the warranty game with things I deploy with or might get caught in a door wishing it was working again. Don't need that doubt on my mind right then. Everything breaks eventually but ...... Well surefire hasn't let me down yet...

Magsz
11-11-2019, 05:47 AM
There are several generations of lights guys. If you're going to post your experiences, please let us know what unit you're using. I know that the thread topic is for the HL-X but people are posting photos of the rail mount 1.

There are also generational changes to the tail caps. The newer tail caps allow the cable to rotate.

I have an older rail mount 2 with the non rotational tape switch tail cap. No issues and the light has lived pretty close to a muzzle brake for 100% of its life. The HL-X that I have is almost brand new, probably something like 300 rounds through it without issues.