PDA

View Full Version : RDS for Sig P320 X5 Legion?

Wyoming Shooter
09-27-2019, 10:37 AM
Gentlemen--I bought a Sig P320 X5 Legion yesterday. Anticipated uses are casual gaming and nightstand. The search now begins for an "appropriate " RDS. If my research is correct, I can mount either the Leupold DPP or the new Sig Romeo 1 Pro without an adapter plate. Your thoughts? Thanks!

GJM
09-27-2019, 10:47 AM
Gentlemen--I bought a Sig P320 X5 Legion yesterday. Anticipated uses are casual gaming and nightstand. The search now begins for an "appropriate " RDS. If my research is correct, I can mount either the Leupold DPP or the new Sig Romeo 1 Pro without an adapter plate. Your thoughts? Thanks!

DP Pro lens will get quickly fouled by blast coming out of the LCI. Sig will switch for a non LCI barrel, but that takes a return trip.

I think the Sig Romeo Max 3 or Trijicon SRO, mounted via a Springer Precision mounting plate is the way to go now. My wife, friend and I used to use the SRO, but are running the Max 3, and think it is slightly better for competition, but I would go SRO if it is for timmie pursuits.

Wyoming Shooter
09-27-2019, 10:54 AM
Does the Max 3 require a plate?

GJM
09-27-2019, 11:17 AM
Does the Max 3 require a plate?

Yes, but it it is an improved design from Springer, that mounts with screws from the top, and has steel sleeves for the optic screws in the alloy plate.

https://shop.springerprecision.com/SP-Sig-X-Five-LEGION-Romeo3-Max-optic-mount-SP0202.htm

jbrimlow
09-27-2019, 12:59 PM
I think the Sig Romeo Max 3 or Trijicon SRO, mounted via a Springer Precision mounting plate is the way to go now. My wife, friend and I used to use the SRO, but are running the Max 3, and think it is slightly better for competition, but I would go SRO if it is for timmie pursuits.

Do you have any time with the Romeo 3 XL?

TCFD273
09-27-2019, 04:12 PM
DP Pro lens will get quickly fouled by blast coming out of the LCI. Sig will switch for a non LCI barrel, but that takes a return trip.

Disregard PM I sent. This was the answer to my question. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GJM
09-27-2019, 09:34 PM
Do you have any time with the Romeo 3 XL?

Nope, but looks like a wider Romeo 3 Max.

Caballoflaco
09-27-2019, 10:21 PM
GJM what do you think about the height over bore on that dot versus a milled set up with a deep set optic in regards to shooting performance.

GJM
09-28-2019, 05:27 AM
GJM what do you think about the height over bore on that dot versus a milled set up with a deep set optic in regards to shooting performance.

If the question is whether I notice any difference shooting the direct mounted DP on a 320 Legion, or an optic higher on a Springer plate, I see no difference in performance. If the question is about the height over bore on the 320. Erasmus other pistols, I feel the height, but shoot it faster than pistols with a lower height over bore. Multiple friends with the Legion, plus my wife, all feel the same.

Wyoming Shooter
09-30-2019, 11:39 AM
George - Thanks again for your input. How has the Romeo 3 Max held up? I wonder if that technology will be transferred to the new Romeo 1 Pro.

GJM
09-30-2019, 02:07 PM
George - Thanks again for your input. How has the Romeo 3 Max held up? I wonder if that technology will be transferred to the new Romeo 1 Pro.

So far, my wife’s two, my one and my friend’s two Romeo 3 Max optics have held zero and been reliable. My wife dropped her slide onto a carpeted floor in the hotel room, and it made a small crack in the lens. So far it has not hurt function, but we are watching it. The Max is supposedly made in the same plant that makes the C More RTS2.

GJM
10-01-2019, 04:34 PM
Here is the SRO 5 moa and the Romeo 3 Max 6 moa.