PDA

View Full Version : I can hardly believe it. I actually agree with Piers Morgan on a few things

Totem Polar
09-25-2019, 08:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkbnk4Vpybk

1911Nut
09-25-2019, 09:08 PM
Well I certainly can't find anything in that brief video clip that I would disagree with regarding today's culture. I think he has summarized it quit well.

Dendro
09-25-2019, 09:16 PM
Especially considering earlier interactions between Morgan and Shapiro, this is refreshing to see. There are times when I'll see Bill Maher have a moment of clarity like this and I love to see it, simply because it's a moment where someone isn't just spewing the same dogma propounded by any one who is firmly of one party or another with no qualifications.

I lean more conservatively, but I've had conversations with people who are liberal where there was respect shown on both sides, and there was an actual civil conversation to be had. Civil conversations between people of perhaps opposite backgrounds or political leanings tend to push people more towards moderation than towards extremism. I think moderation is the best policy. No, you don't have to be exactly in the middle of the political spectrum, but don't just agree with one party's platform on every issue. This is exactly why the two-party system is so broken. What if I want greater 2nd amendment rights and smaller government but also think there should be more environmental protection?

Like Morgan said, we need to have the ability to create a dialogue where people can agree to disagree, or where you at least listen to the other side, even if you might not agree.

WobblyPossum
09-25-2019, 09:17 PM
These truly are interesting times.

OlongJohnson
09-25-2019, 11:20 PM
You can download the whole podcast if you want to. It was the Ben Shapiro Show.

Totem Polar
09-26-2019, 12:15 AM
You can download the whole podcast if you want to. It was the Ben Shapiro Show.

I saw that. I don’t think I can do an hour 4, or whatever, of either of those guys, though. :)