PDA

View Full Version : Badass of the Week: SAS

RevolverRob
09-16-2019, 07:40 PM
This thread from GJM isn’t getting enough love - https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?38585-Benelli-M4-love-(SAS)&p=930802#post930802

But to save you the click - the badass of the week is the unnamed SAS officer in this story:

SAS Officer Kills Five ISIS Fighters in Seven Seconds with shotgun -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7465523/SAS-hero-shotgun-kills-five-ISIS-fighters-just-seven-seconds.html

For those who don’t want to do the math that’s 1.4 seconds per dead badguy.

Drang
09-16-2019, 08:21 PM
Needs more details on exact configuration of the gauge, and ammo used. Somehow I doubt that his Benelli M4 was very "similar to the one pictured".

mmc45414
09-16-2019, 08:32 PM
Somehow I doubt that his Benelli M4 was very "similar to the one pictured".
Benelli, Shemelli, they are all the same. If you have seen one Benelli you have seen them all...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Malamute
09-16-2019, 08:52 PM
Good work.

When dad was shooting clays a lot, Id bring out the model 12 or 870 and load the magazine up full and tell him to throw me a flurry of birds. It was sort of annoying to him, being the sportsman, but he humored me. Hugely fun, 5-7 clays thrown quickly.

RevolverRob
09-16-2019, 09:09 PM
Needs more details on exact configuration of the gauge, and ammo used. Somehow I doubt that his Benelli M4 was very "similar to the one pictured".

I would guess it is the L128A1 - Benelli M4 shotgun - https://www.eliteukforces.info/weapons/combat-shotgun/

Apparently, commonly fitted with an Eotech.

Digging around it appears that current British Army doctrine is the pointman carries a shotgun (Benelli M4) for CQB operations. I think pretty much all military units out there are using 9-pellet, buffered, full-power (1325 fps), 12-gauge buckshot.

RoyGBiv
09-16-2019, 09:10 PM
https://youtu.be/1tdZ_k0eaHo

Drang
09-16-2019, 10:00 PM
I would guess it is the L128A1 - Benelli M4 shotgun - https://www.eliteukforces.info/weapons/combat-shotgun/

Apparently, commonly fitted with an Eotech.

Digging around it appears that current British Army doctrine is the pointman carries a shotgun (Benelli M4) for CQB operations. I think pretty much all military units out there are using 9-pellet, buffered, full-power (1325 fps), 12-gauge buckshot.

You and your Google-fu...

Trukinjp13
09-16-2019, 10:17 PM
Hard to beat the overwhelming firepower of a 12g. Badass shit for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiroFijo
09-17-2019, 07:35 AM
This thread from GJM isn’t getting enough love - https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?38585-Benelli-M4-love-(SAS)&p=930802#post930802

But to save you the click - the badass of the week is the unnamed SAS officer in this story:

SAS Officer Kills Five ISIS Fighters in Seven Seconds with shotgun -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7465523/SAS-hero-shotgun-kills-five-ISIS-fighters-just-seven-seconds.html

Not to detract from the good guys, but I would take any report from the brit press regarding the exploits of their millitary with a pinch (or two) of salt.

blues
09-17-2019, 07:54 AM
Not to detract from the good guys, but I would take any report from the brit press regarding the exploits of their millitary with a pinch (or two) of salt.

Oh, you're just upset about the Falklands. ;)

I've trained with some SAS in years past and those guys were for real.

No matter what the time of the event was, that he prevailed shows some real will and skill.

TiroFijo
09-17-2019, 08:21 AM
Blues, you are confusing me for my neighbours... I could not care less about the Falkland/Malvinas.

I know about the SAS reputation, but their ruthless efficiency with arms is only exceeded by a british journalist with a keyboard.

Jeep
09-17-2019, 09:00 AM
Blues, you are confusing me for my neighbours... I could not care less about the Falkland/Malvinas.

I know about the SAS reputation, but their ruthless efficiency with arms is only exceeded by a british journalist with a keyboard.

What? A British "journalist" (who doesn't know a shotgun from a plasma weapon in the 40 watt range) would exaggerate? Tell me it isn't so!

blues
09-17-2019, 09:01 AM

I was simply teasing, TF, I know where you are. I'm well acquainted with the geography and have even visited relatively close by.

Guerrero
09-17-2019, 10:27 AM
It was probably this guy's brother:

https://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/hero-in-jeans-single-handedly-takes-down-armed-terrorist-group-in-kenya-17.jpg

45dotACP
09-17-2019, 09:21 PM
Damn...if this incident doesn't get referred to as the "Baghdad plate rack" I'll be very disappoint

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Bigghoss
09-17-2019, 11:53 PM
Damn...if this incident doesn't get referred to as the "Baghdad plate rack" I'll be very disappoint

That might be quote of the year, right there.

Joe in PNG
09-18-2019, 12:33 AM
Is it a bad thing that I now want a M-4?
Is a 1301 good enough, or will I get kilt in da streetz?

Bigghoss
09-18-2019, 02:04 AM
Is it a bad thing that I now want a M-4?
Is a 1301 good enough, or will I get kilt in da streetz?

That depends on if you played Rainbow Six as a kid or not.

Hambo
09-18-2019, 05:31 AM

You say that like he should be proud of those split times. An average USPSA shooter would have mowed them down faster. ;)

TiroFijo
09-18-2019, 06:45 AM
You say that like he should be proud of those split times. An average USPSA shooter would have mowed them down faster. ;)

Don't be too hard on him... the targets didn't know the drill and slowed him down.

JHC
09-18-2019, 06:55 AM

We're just having fun with it of course and two/three may have been down in 2.0 flat and then the others but there's also an opening to observe the difference of shooting at assessment speed in context vs drills and competition. ;)

Assessment is a big deal among elite troops; the most highly professional are tasked with being extremely careful about killing the right people and not the wrong people.

Robinson
09-18-2019, 07:50 AM
Assessment is a big deal among elite troops; the most highly professional are tasked with being extremely careful about killing the right people and not the wrong people.

Yeah I don't give two shits what weapon he was using and his peers can assess his shooting proficiency. That was badass no matter how you look at it.

RevolverRob
09-18-2019, 09:15 AM

I called it the Sir John Wickenshire - Because I assume that John Wick is actually based on our mystery SAS Officer.

Lester Polfus
09-18-2019, 09:31 AM

Guess what drill we're doing next time me and the guys go shooting!

RevolverRob
09-18-2019, 09:35 AM
Guess what drill we're doing next time me and the guys go shooting!

If you wanna have some real fun - attach some tannerite to the targets to pump up the stakes.

Don't miss or pop goes the weasel.

Lester Polfus
09-18-2019, 12:09 PM
If you wanna have some real fun - attach some tannerite to the targets to pump up the stakes.

Don't miss or pop goes the weasel.

I like the cut of your jib, sir.

Hambo
09-18-2019, 12:55 PM
Don't be too hard on him... the targets didn't know the drill and slowed him down.

There's always ten percent that don't get the word.

We're just having fun with it of course and two/three may have been down in 2.0 flat and then the others but there's also an opening to observe the difference of shooting at assessment speed in context vs drills and competition. ;)

I lean toward the time being journalistic license. He may have shot five guys in three seconds, or two minutes. Doesn't really matter, it's a good day out either way.

NEPAKevin
09-18-2019, 01:12 PM
Twenty-seven posts and two news articles and no-one has referred to the SAS as "the Regiment?"

RevolverRob
09-18-2019, 01:14 PM
Twenty-seven posts and two news articles and no-one has referred to the SAS as "the Regiment?"

The real question to ask is...does our mystery officer know what color the boat house is at Hereford? ;) :eek:

Lester Polfus
09-18-2019, 02:40 PM
The real question to ask is...does our mystery officer know what color the boat house is at Hereford? ;) :eek:

This, no shit, is a picture titled Hereford, Boathouse on the River 1925

Joe in PNG
09-18-2019, 03:08 PM
That depends on if you played Rainbow Six as a kid or not.

I did play a fair bit of Counterstrike back in the early 00's.