PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR bans assault & "sniper" rifle ads

0ddl0t
09-13-2019, 06:28 PM
Nascar turns left... and left... and left again

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/461302-nascar-bans-some-firearm-ads-as-part-of-gradual-shift-on-guns

Guerrero
09-13-2019, 06:49 PM
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/068/362/702.jpg

Duke
09-13-2019, 07:00 PM
Prior to this I thought nascar couldn’t appeal to me any less......

Spartan1980
09-13-2019, 08:29 PM
NASCAR has been fully on board with the democrat agenda for years. This is just them going left in lockstep with their brethren. They lost me years back when they mandated unleaded ethanol fuel in a pathetic attempt to virtue signal how "woke" they were/are but it goes back further than that. They even now have an official .green.NASCAR website to show how environmentally conscious and in tune they are.

Like all leftists they are utter hypocrites. Not the race teams or fans, I'm talking about the organization itself. I guarandamntee that if Ruger or American Outdoor Brands ponied up the millions to sponsor them, they'd take that money and plaster images of guns all over the cars too. I really wish we had a Bloomberg on our side that would test that.

BehindBlueI's
09-13-2019, 08:40 PM
Prior to this I thought nascar couldn’t appeal to me any less......

I get paid time and a half to watch NASCAR on occasion. I take my Kindle.

jetfire
09-13-2019, 09:32 PM
This quote from the NSSF is pure gold though: “If this is an attempt at virtue-signaling, they didn't put their blinker on."

ranger
09-14-2019, 10:59 AM
NASCAR seemed to be losing attendance before bet they lose more now. How are they going to attract a new generation that hates cars?

blues
09-14-2019, 11:07 AM
NASCAR seemed to be losing attendance before bet they lose more now. How are they going to attract a new generation that hates cars?

Change their mission...

National Association Supporting Confiscation of Arms and Rights

Kyle Reese
09-14-2019, 12:27 PM
What’s a “sniper rifle”? Are they talking about grandpa’s .243 bolt action Remchester with a 3x9 optic?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glenn E. Meyer
09-14-2019, 12:37 PM
Yes.

Watching idiots in assault sports cars weave through dense traffic at high speeds in San Antonio, I'm for banning them. Also, heavy assault pickups. Yesterday, saw two crashes, both with Mustang smashed in front ends. Day before saw a big pickup in the same shape. Ban those and the ads for them.

Ram is not an instruction of how to use your truck.

Hambo
09-14-2019, 05:09 PM
NASCAR has a shitload of problems. Fewer fans, decreased attendance, decreased revenue, decreased sponsorship, owners wanting lower costs. So yeah, they'll take anybody's money at the same time they're trying to make everybody love them. The NRA, BassPro, Duck Commander, Remington, and Henry have all sponsored bits and pieces of NASCAR over the years. Maybe they found their demographic is more into shotguns than ARs. Or maybe they're hoping skinny jean hipsters will suddenly discover that horsepower is manly.

blues
09-14-2019, 05:11 PM
NASCAR has a shitload of problems. Fewer fans, decreased attendance, decreased revenue, decreased sponsorship, owners wanting lower costs. So yeah, they'll take anybody's money at the same time they're trying to make everybody love them. The NRA, BassPro, Duck Commander, Remington, and Henry have all sponsored bits and pieces of NASCAR over the years. Maybe they found their demographic is more into shotguns than ARs. Or maybe they're hoping skinny jean hipsters will suddenly discover that horsepower is manly.

More into Copenhagen, Skoal and Busch. (Wait, those guys like guns...)

Joe in PNG
09-14-2019, 05:17 PM
One wonders why all these companies are losing touch with their core market, and are trying to appeal to the hip & woke.

My suspicion is that their management has changed for the worse. Where the previous management was made up of the people who built the enterprise from the ground up, the current set was hired based on having the right degree from the right schools.
The previous management knew their audience. The current one does not, and we're going to see a lot of businesses losing customers and money in the next few years.

txdpd
09-14-2019, 05:52 PM
NASCAR has been a 15 years case study in knowing what your customer base wants from your product, and then doing the opposite.