PDA

View Full Version : Beretta 92X Compact

Sensei
09-11-2019, 07:52 PM
Well, a Beretta 92X Compact arrived at my FFL today from ArmsUnlimited.com. Unfortunately, it was not the pistol that I had ordered. What arrived was a safety/decocker version and my order was for a G version. Moreover, it had a completely dead DA trigger. The trigger would drop the hammer in SA, but the trigger was loose with no hammer movement in DA. I’ve emailed ArmsUnlimited to get a return label.

My night sights and Langdon TJIAB will continue to sit on my bench.

Whirlwind06
09-11-2019, 08:35 PM
That sucks! Hope it gets straightened out soon.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Willard
09-11-2019, 09:20 PM
Please advise how they handle this. I've had good luck with them and no reason for return, so don't know how they handle that. Apologies for suggesting them as an outlet.

CraigS
09-12-2019, 07:11 AM
I guess I don't understand. The gun that arrived was not what you ordered but you bought it anyway and took it home w/o a simple function check?

Sensei
09-12-2019, 08:40 AM
I guess I don't understand. The gun that arrived was not what you ordered but you bought it anyway and took it home w/o a simple function check?

The gun that arrived from an online dealer was a different model than what was ordered. Yes, I function checked it. I also completely stripped the frame to make sure the problem was not something simple such as a bad trigger bar spring.

Driving my approach is the fact that my FFL is a friend of mine. Although he’d probably have sent it back for me, I’m not going to offload that onto a friend who affords me special treatment on fees many times over. It’s just as easy for me to get a shipping label from ArmsUnlimited. If they won’t or can’t exchange it, then Beretta should stand behind their warranty for the trigger issue and I can install a G lever in 15 min. I’m still saving money on this gun since it was about $100 less than any other retailer.

Bottomline, my FFL completes transfers at a dirt cheap price and has saved me hundreds in transfer fees. This is the first time something arrived out of sorts. I’d rather handle this myself and consider it the cost of business.

e_stern
09-12-2019, 09:45 AM
The gun that arrived from an online dealer was a different model than what was ordered. Yes, I function checked it. I also completely stripped the frame to make sure the problem was not something simple such as a bad trigger bar spring.

Driving my approach is the fact that my FFL is a friend of mine. Although he’d probably have sent it back for me, I’m not going to offload that onto a friend who affords me special treatment on fees many times over. It’s just as easy for me to get a shipping label from ArmsUnlimited. If they won’t or can’t exchange it, then Beretta should stand behind their warranty for the trigger issue and I can install a G lever in 15 min. I’m still saving money on this gun since it was about $100 less than any other retailer.

Bottomline, my FFL completes transfers at a dirt cheap price and has saved me hundreds in transfer fees. This is the first time something arrived out of sorts. I’d rather handle this myself and consider it the cost of business.

We can assist with the trigger. That is very odd, as the guns are function fired in DA mode for one magazine during manufacturing.

As for the configuration of the gun, send me the serial via PM please? I"ll confirm it was all correct from our side originally.

Sensei
09-12-2019, 11:21 AM
We can assist with the trigger. That is very odd, as the guns are function fired in DA mode for one magazine during manufacturing.

As for the configuration of the gun, send me the serial via PM please? I"ll confirm it was all correct from our side originally.

Thanks. ArmsUnlimited already responded and confirmed that the model mix-up was their mistake. They are offering a discount that will offset the cost of a G conversion. In addition, your customer service department has already arranged return of the pistol to the factory. While IÂ’m not a Beretta armorer, I suspect that either the hammer or sear is defective/ out of spec.

No worries. This seems to be on its way to being resolved.

e_stern
09-12-2019, 11:24 AM
Thanks. ArmsUnlimited already responded and confirmed that the model mix-up was their mistake. They are offering a discount that will offset the cost of a G conversion. In addition, your customer service department has already arranged return of the pistol to the factory. While IÂ’m not a Beretta armorer, I suspect that either the hammer or sear is defective/ out of spec.

No worries. This seems to be on its way to being resolved.

We can actually install the G conversion for you during service if you'd like, just send me the SN and make sure to include a request for that in the note with the gun and I"ll give them a heads up.

Also, with the way the DA pull works, it's exceedingly unlikely there is anything wrong with the sear if it is functional in single action. I suspect a spring may be slightly catawampus or there is some debris preventing full travel of the trigger or something. I'm curious to see what it is though.

Sensei
09-12-2019, 11:42 AM
We can actually install the G conversion for you during service if you'd like, just send me the SN and make sure to include a request for that in the note with the gun and I"ll give them a heads up.

Also, with the way the DA pull works, it's exceedingly unlikely there is anything wrong with the sear if it is functional in single action. I suspect a spring may be slightly catawampus or there is some debris preventing full travel of the trigger or something. I'm curious to see what it is though.

That sounds great. I sent you a PM with the serial number. I’ll amend my note to include the G conversion install. UPS will come by tomorrow to pick it up. I really appreciate the great customer service. Have a great rest of your week.

CraigS
09-12-2019, 01:12 PM
Now I get it. I like how you work w/ your friend dealer. Nice to see someone who doesn't take advantage of a relationship.

HCountyGuy
09-12-2019, 03:57 PM
Can I just take a moment to say how awesome it is to see someone from Beretta step in here and offer to help unscrew this situation?

I don’t know if there’s been similar help offered by other manufacturers here, but damn if Beretta isn’t starting to really win me over from having started out as an avid Sig fan.

Sensei
09-13-2019, 08:21 PM
Can I just take a moment to say how awesome it is to see someone from Beretta step in here and offer to help unscrew this situation?

I don’t know if there’s been similar help offered by other manufacturers here, but damn if Beretta isn’t starting to really win me over from having started out as an avid Sig fan.

Agreed. UPS picked-up my gun this afternoon. That’s great customer service.

fpnunes
09-15-2019, 11:49 AM
I’ve reached out to BUSA support a couple of times now and they have been superb. Glad that they are getting you sorted out.

Jbone
10-16-2019, 04:00 PM
Any timeline as to when these will really start proliferating the market? I haven't had any luck locally.

TIA

Jbone
10-23-2019, 03:58 PM
Any timeline as to when these will really start proliferating the market? I haven't had any luck locally.

TIA

Update, I've located and procured one. :)

BCWood64
10-23-2019, 06:33 PM
I'm currently TDY to Albuquerque right now and the Caliber's out here had both a 92X Full Size, Compact and a 92 LTT in the case. Man those new grips are aggressive!

Sensei
10-23-2019, 09:51 PM
Mine came back from Beretta last week. No indication what was replaced but it cycles fine. I added a Langdon TJIAB and it functions fine with those parts. However, replacing the trigger bar from the TJIAB with a Optimized Performance Trigger Bar recreated the dead trigger issues. Rather than take a stone to the overtravel stop on the Optimized Performance Trigger Bar, I decided to stick with just a TJIAB polished bar. It has run fine in that configuration with 100 rounds.

45dotACP
10-24-2019, 01:20 PM
Mine came back from Beretta last week. No indication what was replaced but it cycles fine. I added a Langdon TJIAB and it functions fine with those parts. However, replacing the trigger bar from the TJIAB with a Optimized Performance Trigger Bar recreated the dead trigger issues. Rather than take a stone to the overtravel stop on the Optimized Performance Trigger Bar, I decided to stick with just a TJIAB polished bar. It has run fine in that configuration with 100 rounds.Dude, I think you have the worst luck of anyone I know when it comes to firearms.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Balisong
10-24-2019, 01:23 PM
Dude, I think you have the worst luck of anyone I know when it comes to firearms.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

After a couple years of reading his posts I'm inclined to agree.

Sensei
10-24-2019, 04:13 PM
I probably have more than 150 handguns with many being duplicates of the basics. For example, I have more that 20 copies each of the G17 and G19 across generations. I have no less than 10 copies of the Beretta 92 series and more HKs than you can imagine. I generally have problems only if I stray too far from the basics - things like custom 9mm 1911s have been unreliable money pits. On the other hand, I’ve never had an out of the box problem with a Glock or HK despite my armory looking like the Executive Board Room in Oberndorf.

TheNewbie
12-01-2019, 02:04 AM
Sensei

How are you liking the 92x compact?

Sensei
12-01-2019, 04:30 AM
Sensei

How are you liking the 92x compact?

It seems solid. I’ve only had the opportunity to put a couple hundred rounds through it. I prefer the rounded grip module.

learnerpermitted
12-06-2019, 12:22 PM
It seems solid. I’ve only had the opportunity to put a couple hundred rounds through it. I prefer the rounded grip module.

would it be possible for you to measure the trigger reach of your 92x and a previous generation 92fs compact or full size? I am considering a compact 92 but it doesnt quite fit my hands. any advantage with trigger reach is appreciated. I get that the 92x can have a smaller grip but sometimes a smaller grip doesnt change the trigger reach.

JTQ
12-06-2019, 02:03 PM
would it be possible for you to measure the trigger reach of your 92x and a previous generation 92fs compact or full size? I am considering a compact 92 but it doesnt quite fit my hands. any advantage with trigger reach is appreciated. I get that the 92x can have a smaller grip but sometimes a smaller grip doesnt change the trigger reach.

Forum member stimpee did some measurements for me in the APX thread. He compares the M9A3 (which should be similar to the 92X models since they both have the Vertec grip), PX4 and APX at post #98.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?22141-Beretta-APX/page10