PDA

View Full Version : God Blessed Texas 9/1/19

JodyH
09-08-2019, 07:38 PM
September 1st, 2019.
Carry your blunt force toys at will in Texas.
:cool:

Cory
09-08-2019, 08:47 PM
I think this opens up some incredibly great options other than the firearm.

Those who have used saps, blackjacks, and the like have told me they can be more effective than a blade within arms reach if you know what you're doing. I have little knowledge to speak to it myself, but I trust the person who told me that.

If it was a legal option for me, I'd be incredibly happy to have them as an option and would be trying to learn more about them.

-Cory

Duke
09-08-2019, 09:13 PM
It’s just a locking carabiner. Like literally no one would ever look at this in my pocket and think “weapon”.

Cool as they are, brass Knucks have a total lack of plausible deniability in their use.

Oukaapie
09-09-2019, 03:56 PM
One more OTW. DD bad detective with cable, 7.3 long and 10oz. Will add pictures of preshuss when it arrives.

blues
09-09-2019, 04:09 PM
The "midget" fits in my pocket so well, I'm trying to resist adding others that would not be as pocket friendly. But it's not easy...

Chuck Haggard
09-09-2019, 06:50 PM
Brass knuckles are retarded.

Saps are legit. Best to get training though.

Oukaapie
09-09-2019, 07:18 PM
The "midget" fits in my pocket so well, I'm trying to resist adding others that would not be as pocket friendly. But it's not easy...

Blues, are you happy with how it impacts the bag? I love it in the pocket but feel the Junior impacts significantly better due to length.

blues
09-09-2019, 07:39 PM
Blues, are you happy with how it impacts the bag? I love it in the pocket but feel the Junior impacts significantly better due to length.

No doubt it does. I look at the Midget as the less lethal alternative which can be used to articulate any further escalation if necessary.

I may have to try out a Junior at some point. It's just that the Midget is so easy to carry. (But my resolve is weakening.)

blues
09-11-2019, 10:31 AM
Oukaapie

If that's the junior next to the midget in the image you posted above, could you take a pic of the midget placed on top of the junior to show how much longer the tail end is?

It looks like it's longer than the 1.5" stated difference in length according to the info online. (6.75" vs. 8.25")

Thanks.

TicTacticalTimmy
09-11-2019, 11:24 AM
Jody, what are the two objects to the left in your picture?

Jackdog
09-11-2019, 12:58 PM
Palisade Training Group is hosting Larry Lindenman for his Small Impact Weapons Instructor Course I’m December in DFW.
If you’re gonna carry one you need to get training.

https://www.ptgtrainingllc.com/classes.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oukaapie
09-11-2019, 05:28 PM

Oukaapie
09-11-2019, 05:47 PM
I added the DD 7.3 inch, 10.4 oz, cable above.

blues
09-11-2019, 05:47 PM
Oukaapie

Thank you, brother.

JodyH
09-11-2019, 07:26 PM
Jody, what are the two objects to the left in your picture?
Officially... titanium "Top Popper" bottle opener and a titanium "Whar-Biner" multi-tool.
Un-officially they're knuckle dusters.

45dotACP
09-11-2019, 09:44 PM
Officially... titanium "Top Popper" bottle opener and a titanium "Whar-Biner" multi-tool.
Un-officially they're knuckle dusters.You have a fairly solid Muay Thai background no? I would think in trained hands those would be devastating.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Cacafuego
09-11-2019, 11:38 PM
Brass knuckles are retarded.

Saps are legit. Best to get training though.

Because they're stupid to carry, or because they don't work? Serious request for information

JodyH
09-12-2019, 06:34 AM
Just out of high school a friend of mine got to take a time travel trip thanks to a set of brass knuckles.
He went to sleep on a Friday night and was magically transported about 5 days into the future with no recollection of the time spent in transit.
Fractured orbital, missing teeth, jaw wired shut, cool scar that looks like a sword fighting injury.
One punch to the cheek.
They work.

Worst thing about knuckles is how much the person getting punched is going to bleed everywhere from the head.
Head wounds are bloody and knuckles will split their wig every single time.

The carbon fiber knuckles are great for places that have metal detectors (like many concert venues).
Between them and my ti edged carbon fiber Maleficus clinch pick from Ian Wendt I have close contact covered with no metal detector signature.

Oukaapie
09-12-2019, 06:47 AM
I’m also thinking brass knuckles are significantly slower to access and more difficult to conceal the draw stroke. If you need to escalate to handgun it can also take longer to it off the hand. Dropping a Sap doesn’t impair your draw in any way.

Stand in front of a bag and do some scenario replication of a social encounter where having a non lethal tool would be helpful. Blades and Saps can be accessed and a strike be delivered as part of normal....ish , easily concealed movement. Knuckles are significantly harder to put on. You are either accessing weak hand and transferring or trying to put four digits in holes, while in your pocket, in the middle of a chat, then drawing carefully to avoid snagging your pocket. After that is done, now you get to go to town. Same problem as a palm Sap.

That said I’ve not played with brass knuckles in 30 years.

blues
09-12-2019, 08:06 AM
I'd much prefer to use a sap, (or pretty much any striking implement), than a knife any day. (But I'll use what I have to if need be.)

Oukaapie
09-12-2019, 09:15 AM
I'd much prefer to use a sap, (or pretty much any striking implement), than a knife any day)

Agree if standing. Disagree if I'm on the ground.

JodyH
09-12-2019, 10:42 AM
It's almost like everything is contextual...

blues
09-12-2019, 11:01 AM
Agree if standing. Disagree if I'm on the ground.

It's almost like everything is contextual...

Yep. I meant standing...wasn't even thinking on the ground when I posted.

11B10
09-13-2019, 09:17 PM
My My....you nasty boys.

jellydonut
09-15-2019, 04:03 AM
I would just like to present a minor correction to the original post.

God blesses Texas every single day.

Thank you for your time..

Balisong
09-15-2019, 10:37 AM
Just out of high school a friend of mine got to take a time travel trip thanks to a set of brass knuckles.
He went to sleep on a Friday night and was magically transported about 5 days into the future with no recollection of the time spent in transit.
Fractured orbital, missing teeth, jaw wired shut, cool scar that looks like a sword fighting injury.
One punch to the cheek.
They work.

Worst thing about knuckles is how much the person getting punched is going to bleed everywhere from the head.
Head wounds are bloody and knuckles will split their wig every single time.

The carbon fiber knuckles are great for places that have metal detectors (like many concert venues).
Between them and my ti edged carbon fiber Maleficus clinch pick from Ian Wendt I have close contact covered with no metal detector signature.

This is interesting info and now I have a couple items to look into....

blues
09-15-2019, 10:40 AM
http://babalublog.com/wpr/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/original-400x266.jpg