PDA

View Full Version : Quotes from Bianca Andreescu, U.S. Open Women's Tennis Champ.....

Clobbersaurus
09-08-2019, 02:17 PM
Of course all of Canada is proud of Bianca Andreescu, who just beat Serena Williams in the U.S. Open Women's Singles Tennis Final. What I found interesting were her comments about visualization and their relevance to the shooting sports:

"I really believed I could be at this stage. Since then I've been visualizing it every single day. I guess this visualization works."

"At this level, everyone knows how to play tennis. The thing that separates the best from the rest is your mindset."

“She credits meditation and visualization for keeping her focused in the moment.“

Mindset and visualization. These things are vitally important for the shooting sports and the sooner competitive shooters learn these concepts, the sooner they will experience positive results in their competitions.

Clusterfrack
09-08-2019, 02:44 PM
It’s almost like she read With Winning in Mind by Lanny Basham...

(This isn’t meant to be snarky. I think it’s cool there’s so much overlap)

BN
09-08-2019, 03:22 PM
Before Brian Enos wrote his book, we were reading a tennis book. ;) Maybe "The Inner Game of Tennis".

miller_man
09-08-2019, 08:12 PM
Whisper voice - "Match mode . . . . . . match mode . . . . . . . . match mode. . . . . . . . . . . .

The stuff works.

DAB
09-09-2019, 10:36 AM
of course, those who visualized and lost have a different take on their day.