PDA

View Full Version : Accuracy issue with new P30 LEM

jmi786
03-13-2011, 11:16 AM
I am having problems pulling my shots to the left from seven yards and greater
with my P30 LEM. (that is the closest distance we can shoot, at my range)

I tried different grip sizes thinking it will help my trigger finger position.
The small back strap and large side panels feels best in my hand.(big hands short fingers)

I am spending time at home doing dry firing, so I don't think I am jerking the gun.

At my last range session I shot at seven yards and same thing,pulling shots left.
I purposely brought my M&P pro to compare my groupings. I have no problem
with shooting good groups with my M&P pro from seven to 20 yards.

I need some serious help trying to figure out what I am doing wrong with shooting
my P30.

Thanks for any suggestions.

YVK
03-13-2011, 12:43 PM
Default advice in such situation is ball and dummy drill to exclude trigger control and anticipation,shooting of bags/support and having somebody else to shoot your gun. Trigger pull with lem is much longer than with MP, you're probably committing an error somewhere close to trigger break point. Unfortunately dry-firing doesn't tell you you're not jerking or not anticipating during live fire. I'd bet dollars to donuts the gun itself is fine; never say never, but I've never heard report of inaccurate p30, especially so grossly inaccurate given close distance.

John Ralston
03-13-2011, 02:09 PM
Does it ever shoot point of aim? I guess we do need to get that nailed down first. If it ALWAYS shoots left, then a sight adjustment seems to be in order.

jmi786
03-13-2011, 03:48 PM
When I go to the range this week, I will take detailed notes with different
brands of ammo, shoot from a sand bag to check point of aim ,point of impact.

It has shot point of aim at seven yards, but not consistently.

Thanks for all the help.

Pistol Shooter
03-13-2011, 05:15 PM
How are your sights? Are they centered up properly?

JodyH
03-13-2011, 08:15 PM
99% chance it's a trigger control, anticipation/flinch issue.
Ball and dummy drill is what you need to be doing to help correct it.
Dry fire does nothing to correct a flinch. It will give you a good trigger press, but it won't help with anticipation/flinching.
The reason dry fire doesn't correct a flinch is.... because you KNOW the gun isn't going to make the loud noise and jump in your hand.
You are not subjecting yourself to the stimulus that causes the flinch, hence you won't flinch.
Ball and dummy drill gives you instant feedback due to the random nature of the stimulus.

STIPARTOUT
03-15-2011, 11:55 PM
I picked up my P30 on Saturday. I took it to the range and was shooting ~4-6" left at 15 yards. I thought it was me given my recent issues with pushing my shots left. So I shot from rest, same result. I had two buddies I was with shoot it, same result. I was shooting pretty nice groups (for me), just left. every shot. I shot my P2000SK, somewhat larger groupings, but I wasn't shooting left.

Today, I took it into my local shop and they confirmed the rear sight was too far left and the front sight was too far right, so from the factory, the sights actually needed adjustment. I'm still shooting left though, but at least I know its me and not the gun.

Just thought I'd share my experience. Good luck.

jmi786
03-16-2011, 10:02 PM
I went to my club's IDPA practice tonight and shot most shots to the left.
I will going to the range before the weekend to shoot from a sand bag.
Thanks to everyone for the help and great advice. Hopefully I can come up
with a solution on my own. I will report back.

Thanks again