PDA

View Full Version : Observations on Stupidity

WDW
04-12-2012, 06:04 PM
I browse www.budsgunshop.com quite often as they usually have really great prices on guns, great service, and no tax. I could not help but notice two thigs recently that make me think there will always be really stupid people. Particularly frightening is that these people own guns and we might encounter them at a range somewhere, sometime.

1. Someone bid $620 for a Kel-Tec PMR 30. Probably one of the cheapest, POS guns out there. The auction is not over and it may go higher.

2. Someone bid more for a FDE Glock than they sell for on the site and they have tons of them in stock

Kyle Reese
04-12-2012, 10:57 PM
What is the saying about a fool and his/her money?

jmjames
04-12-2012, 11:44 PM
At the end of 2011, Bud's sent me an email talking about their top 10 sellers for the year. Hi Points made the list. The Mosin-Nagant did too... I "get" that, at least... but Hi Point pistols? I had this vision of wanna-be zombie killers on the cheap, running around with M-N's and Hi Points instead of AR's and 1911's... :D

J.Ja

Tamara
04-13-2012, 05:43 AM
The Mosin-Nagant did too...
I have five.

TCinVA
04-13-2012, 07:23 AM
Different observation....

Last night I ended up behind a woman who spent the entire 15 minutes I was behind her on her cell phone. Hand-held, of course. Not unusual in and of itself, but this was one of those people who is apparently unable to communicate without using her hands. So as she chatted away with her left hand holding the cell, her right was flailing around the cabin. In that 15 minute span she nearly veered into oncoming traffic 3 times, narrowly missed taking out a bank of mailboxes, and came so close to hitting someone on a bike that when I saw the guy on the bike I actually experienced an adrenaline response because I thought I was about to witness manslaughter.

WDW
04-13-2012, 07:47 AM
Different observation....

Last night I ended up behind a woman who spent the entire 15 minutes I was behind her on her cell phone. Hand-held, of course. Not unusual in and of itself, but this was one of those people who is apparently unable to communicate without using her hands. So as she chatted away with her left hand holding the cell, her right was flailing around the cabin. In that 15 minute span she nearly veered into oncoming traffic 3 times, narrowly missed taking out a bank of mailboxes, and came so close to hitting someone on a bike that when I saw the guy on the bike I actually experienced an adrenaline response because I thought I was about to witness manslaughter.

She obviously has not mastered knee driving. JK. I can't tell you how many times I get behind people who are swirivng all around only to discover as I pass them that they are on the phone, using sign language as well as verbal communication.

Tamara
04-13-2012, 08:04 AM
She obviously has not mastered knee driving. JK. I can't tell you how many times I get behind people who are swirivng all around only to discover as I pass them that they are on the phone, using sign language as well as verbal communication.

Funny you should phrase it that way. :D The car I was behind on the way to the bank yesterday was all over the road, speed ing up and slowing down erratically, and even swerving into the bike lane. When I got behind them at the next traffic light, I saw the driver was using sign language, as in actual "American Sign Language", to talk to the kid in the rear passenger seat.

I thought "Dude, shut up and drive."

NickA
04-13-2012, 08:25 AM
A few days ago I was behind a truck with one of those "Hang up the phone and drive" bumper stickers, noodling along in the middle lane of the highway. The guy was busily chatting into his cell phone.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Tamara
04-13-2012, 08:38 AM
Wait, how did we get here?

http://gifs.gifbin.com/102009/1255606905_drift.gif