PDA

View Full Version : Meanwhile in Chicago

JodyH
09-03-2019, 01:26 PM
1/1/2019 thru 9/1/2019
28 shootings where there were more than 4 people shot (mass shooting as defined by media) resulting in 14 deaths.
2 of those shootings had 8 victims and resulted in 4 deaths.
I don't remember any 24/7 week long national or even regional media attention on any of them...

blues
09-03-2019, 02:05 PM
Is this multiple choice?

a. Democratic Party voters.

b. To point out the issue may result in being labeled racist

c. The culture of violence is part of the culture

d. Nobody cares (except when there's something to be gained politically or otherwise)

RevolverRob
09-03-2019, 02:07 PM
Just another holiday weekend in ChIraq.

41magfan
09-03-2019, 06:47 PM
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/459670-chicago-mayor-rips-cruz-for-tweet-about-violence-keep-our-name-out-of

RJ
09-03-2019, 06:48 PM
Fake noose.

Didn’t see this on The View this morning.

RevolverRob
09-03-2019, 07:10 PM
That didn’t take long. I knew Lori Lightfoot was gearing up for an eventual congressional run. These shots have nothing to do with guns and everything to do with party line.

Anyways, if you look at the actual trace data - https://www.chicago.gov/content/dam/city/depts/mayor/Press%20Room/Press%20Releases/2017/October/GTR2017.pdf

Only 1.8% of the guns recovered in Chicago between 2013-2016 came from Texas. 61% of the guns recovered same time period come from Illinois (40%) and Indiana (21%). And roughly 12% of the recovered arms come from one of two dealers who just so happen to be located most adjacent to the highest crime areas in the city, inside of Illinois...

Imagine that? Criminals prefer convenience and “restrictive purchasing laws” don’t seem to do a damn bit of good.

BigDaddy
09-03-2019, 09:23 PM
Is this multiple choice?

a. Democratic Party voters.

b. To point out the issue may result in being labeled racist

c. The culture of violence is part of the culture

d. Nobody cares (except when there's something to be gained politically or otherwise)

Bingo. We have a winner here folks! I got a kick out of Mayor Lori Lighthead as she tried to blame surrounding States for all the carnage. Once again, not one single word or mention of those doing the shootings. Not one. As usual she pulls a play out of the Democratic handbook which is either play the race card (which she is doing in all reality here) or blame someone else. I predicted that when Emanuel retired ( or was forced out ) the day would come that we would regret his leaving because his successor would be FAR worse than he was (if that's even possible ) and that prediction is coming true. I never thought I'd see the day when I wished for one of the Daley's or even the King of Sleeze himself to make a return. But that day is here.

RevolverRob
09-03-2019, 10:23 PM
I don’t think I’d put Lightfoot on the same level as Rahm of Dick Daley. For starters, she has only had the job for 6-months. She’ll need at least 6 more to get close to as crooked.

Second, thankfully, because state level preemption exists on handguns, to include handgun accessories at least according to the last set of court cases - so she really can’t do much about it. Since handguns are used in 90%+ of the “gun crimes” here.

Sure Chicago continues to preach, by it’s just to their choir. No one really gives a shit about Lori Lightfoot, except the “woke” folks and they are already morons.

Ichiban
09-04-2019, 05:11 AM

Hambo
09-04-2019, 06:42 AM
1/1/2019 thru 9/1/2019
28 shootings where there were more than 4 people shot (mass shooting as defined by media) resulting in 14 deaths.
2 of those shootings had 8 victims and resulted in 4 deaths.
I don't remember any 24/7 week long national or even regional media attention on any of them...

Yeah, but that's gang or drug related, so it's different.