PDA

View Full Version : P30SK high-capacity magazine info?

fly out
08-21-2019, 10:11 PM
Are the factory 13- and 15-round 9mm magazines completely good to go for the P30SK?

I looked for an old thread to bring back to life, but this seems most efficient...

Thanks for sharing any experiences you've had.

Guinnessman
08-21-2019, 10:17 PM
I love my 13 round Mags for my P30sk and they have been perfect. They give the gun a double stack, Glock 43x feel. I am a fan. 👍🏻

Balisong
08-21-2019, 10:22 PM
Few hundred rounds trouble-free rounds through my girlfriend's P30sk 15 rounder. Not nearly as exhaustive a test as you'll normally find here on PF, but it's an HK using an HK mag. I believe it to be pretty unlikely you'll have any issues due to the mag.

fly out
08-21-2019, 10:59 PM
I'm happy to keep getting anecdotes, but those are enough for me to order some of each.

Thanks.

Default.mp3
08-21-2019, 11:02 PM
The main problem I would watch out for would be a slide lock reload, if there's no spacer to prevent over-insertion; folks have apparently bent the ejector on excessively vigorous reloads and thus fucked up their guns. Other than that, should work just fine.

fly out
08-21-2019, 11:17 PM
The main problem I would watch out for would be a slide lock reload, if there's no spacer to prevent over-insertion; folks have apparently bent the ejector on excessively vigorous reloads and thus fucked up their guns. Other than that, should work just fine.

You can buy spacers for the full-size mags, but there are also factory mags that don't need spacers for the SKs.

GJM
08-22-2019, 12:11 AM
I have extensively used the SK specific 13 and 15 round magazines, meaning the OEM ones with filler plates, and they worked perfectly in a VP9 SK.

Kanye Wyoming
08-22-2019, 07:04 AM
I have a bunch of the OEM 13-rounders with the integrated sleeves. Thousands of rounds through them, mostly with VP9SK, not even a hint of a problem.

I have 2 of the OEM 15-rounders with the integrated sleeves. Very light use but no problems there either.

The OEM integrated sleeves feel a lot better and drop a lot better than "naked" mags with X-Grips sleeves added.

RAM Engineer
08-22-2019, 09:56 AM
It's been a few years since I got out of the HK game, but those factory integrated sleeves are really nice looking. I wish Glock would adopt a "system of systems" approach and do something similar, since the X-grips look like junk.

Default.mp3
08-22-2019, 10:20 AM
It's been a few years since I got out of the HK game, but those factory integrated sleeves are really nice looking. I wish Glock would adopt a "system of systems" approach and do something similar, since the X-grips look like junk.I will note that Glocks do not suffer from the over insertion issue like the H&Ks do, so there is much less incentive for the sleeves, since they do not provide any additional reliability.

Sauer Koch
08-23-2019, 02:13 PM
My factory 13r has been perfect so far. It fits my big hands very well.

fpnunes
08-27-2019, 09:21 PM
I've put just under 2k rounds through my pair of OEM 13 rounders without a single issue. If I could be picky, I would say that I don't care for the slight "wiggle" when I really squeeze during a firing cycle but it certainly should not dissuade anyone from giving them a try. That said, I usually just carry my P2000 for the same capacity without the grip shift. YMMV.

El Cid
08-27-2019, 09:26 PM
I will note that Glocks do not suffer from the over insertion issue like the H&Ks do, so there is much less incentive for the sleeves, since they do not provide any additional reliability.

Agreed. I am of the belief that the “over insertion” problem is with single stack mags like a 1911 or P220. I’ve used longer Glock mags as reloads for 13 years without any issues.

Fly Out - you might page some of our Border Patrol and CBP members. I’ve know several who use longer mags for reloads on their P2000sk’s. They can provide a better sample size.

revchuck38
08-28-2019, 07:29 AM
Just a note which may or may not be relevant to this thread, since I have no experience with VP9SKs with extended mags. My "small" carry gun is a P99C, which I carry with the ten round mag in the gun and a full-size mag with spacer as a reload. When reloading, the ten rounder ejects with alacrity, but the spacer on the full-size one becomes part of the grip and catches on my hand, requiring the mag to be pulled out of the gun. If this is the case with the VP9SK, I'd think twice about carrying it with the extended mag in the gun.

Kanye Wyoming
08-28-2019, 08:02 AM
Just a note which may or may not be relevant to this thread, since I have no experience with VP9SKs with extended mags. My "small" carry gun is a P99C, which I carry with the ten round mag in the gun and a full-size mag with spacer as a reload. When reloading, the ten rounder ejects with alacrity, but the spacer on the full-size one becomes part of the grip and catches on my hand, requiring the mag to be pulled out of the gun. If this is the case with the VP9SK, I'd think twice about carrying it with the extended mag in the gun.
I can attest that for the VP9SK, this isn't an issue with the factory 13-rd and 15-rd mags with integrated sleeves.

revchuck38
08-28-2019, 08:13 AM
Zimmer81 - Cool. :)