PDA

View Full Version : RFI on preferred companies for slide milling.

Casual Friday
08-20-2019, 06:57 PM
Just curious who everyone is using these days. My 2 gen 5 G17s have enough rounds through them to justify a voided warranty so I'm looking to get them milled for the RMR footprint. Thanks.

Wake27
08-20-2019, 08:01 PM
To me, slide milling for a red dot is like body armor - I’m not about to pay to try something new and untested. ATEi is as tested and proven as there is.

I actually cheaped out and went with the universal cut and am still extremely pleased. I don’t beat the shit out of my guns but I’ve broken plenty of things and mine has held up perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GJM
08-20-2019, 09:26 PM
I have been using Primary Machine with complete satisfaction. They usually turn a slide in a week.

LtDave
08-20-2019, 09:42 PM
Wright Armory in Mesa, AZ has done 2 HK VP9s for me a couple of months apart. Turnaround less than a week on both.

RAM Engineer
08-20-2019, 10:06 PM
L&M is one of the originators.

David S.
08-20-2019, 10:21 PM
There seems to be a lot of good options for optics cuts.

I took a risk on a local guy that was recommended by a DFW area shooting group: Vulcan Machine Werks (https://www.vulcanmachinewerks.com). So far, so good.

Oukaapie
08-21-2019, 07:13 AM
I’ve had Vulcan, L&M, Primary Machine and all seemed good to go.

Tod-13
08-21-2019, 08:10 AM
I have been using Primary Machine with complete satisfaction. They usually turn a slide in a week.

This. An important component missing from the original question is "what do you want milled?" For HK, CZ, and other non-Glock options, Primary Machine seems to be the most well established option.

Casual Friday
08-21-2019, 11:10 AM
This. An important component missing from the original question is "what do you want milled?" For HK, CZ, and other non-Glock options, Primary Machine seems to be the most well established option.

Just curious who everyone is using these days. My 2 gen 5 G17s have enough rounds through them to justify a voided warranty so I'm looking to get them milled for the RMR footprint. Thanks.

Tod-13
08-21-2019, 12:07 PM

Pre-coffee posting is bad. :p

Quantrill
08-21-2019, 12:39 PM
L&M did two slides for me. I have no need to go anywhere else. Very pleased with the work.

ADK
08-21-2019, 08:45 PM
http://www.battlewerx.com/
Two g17gen5 slides done for me, I like the design, perfect performance through RMRs, hs507c's and SROs.

Mark D
10-07-2019, 11:54 PM
Possible a stupid question... If I just get an optic cut, do I need to get the slide refinished? Provided I'm not getting extra serrations and embellishments, it seems like a quick coat of rustoleum on the milled pocket would suffice.

ETA. Did I say rustoleum? Cold blue is probably a bit more dignified. But the question stands - pay for refinishing or not?

Tod-13
10-08-2019, 07:20 AM
Possible a stupid question... If I just get an optic cut, do I need to get the slide refinished? Provided I'm not getting extra serrations and embellishments, it seems like a quick coat of rustoleum on the milled pocket would suffice.

ETA. Did I say rustoleum? Cold blue is probably a bit more dignified. But the question stands - pay for refinishing or not?

I live on the Gulf Coast of Texas. I'd have the slide refinished. YMMV

I think most slide milling places have the option to refinish (Cerakote, etc) just the milled portion.

KG556
10-31-2019, 05:29 PM
I recently retired from a law enforcement career. Just before I got out, I had two Glock model 45 "work" pistols milled and cerakoted by Mod1 Firearms in Kentucky. I know some other LEO's at my former agency who had them done by the same company. We all had good work, with really fast turnaround times. Took about two weeks or so. Not sure if he is more backlogged nowadays, but he seemed to be pretty fast compared to some of the other quoted times. (These were done in the first quarter of 2019). I am very happy with all his work I witnessed firsthand. Just fyi.

HCM
10-31-2019, 08:28 PM
In addition to the companies mentioned such as L & M, I would advise in general that you look for a company that does a broad spectrum of machining and gunsmithing.

Most of the milling horror stories come from “bro shops “ That claim to do optics cuts or “custom slides” but don’t do any other type of machining or gunsmithing work.

SeriousStudent
10-31-2019, 10:23 PM
Another vote for Vulcan. They did a G45 slide cut for an ACRO P-1. It's excellent.

TC215
11-03-2019, 09:49 PM
JagerWerks just did a G45 slide for me. The milled the slide and installed the RMR and fixed sights I sent them, and refinished the slide with black nitride. The also zeroed the RMR. Turnaround time was 3 weeks and the cost was $175.

https://i.imgur.com/WzCwDyo.jpg

bravo7
11-04-2019, 09:44 AM
I’ve paid for some of the big names thrown out over the years and they are good, but I’ve also realized they are priced pretty high in this day and age for what is required. I’ve paid a fraction of the cost and have been very pleased with the quality of work and quick turn around with Zeroed In Armory.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191104/ba5d4ac30ec1c9c4e666787a67bf2663.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191104/42744c25cf32f9b9ec18fd08e73cd402.jpg

JonInWA
11-05-2019, 08:20 AM
The instructor for the Glock Armorers Course I fairly recently took specifically favorably called out ATEi as doing good work.

Best, Jon

flyrodr
11-06-2019, 12:34 PM
Was just down at Mark Housel's place (L&M Precision), and thought about this thread. Mark had spaced out on a work table a long line of slides and red dots, going through his process. But what made me really appreciate the machine work knowledge that was necessary for this business was the variety of adapter plates he was machining. There were not only those necessary for certain initial installations (e.g., a plate with an integral rear sight), but also those where a customer asked for a slide to be adapted so a Brand X red dot could be replaced with a Brand Y red dot. And more . . .

I'm sure there are quite a few talented people available to do this work. Still, it's nice to see first hand the variety of quality work that can be done. And Mark is a really nice guy too!

Clay1
11-09-2019, 03:23 PM
I’ve paid for some of the big names thrown out over the years and they are good, but I’ve also realized they are priced pretty high in this day and age for what is required. I’ve paid a fraction of the cost and have been very pleased with the quality of work and quick turn around with Zeroed In Armory.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191104/ba5d4ac30ec1c9c4e666787a67bf2663.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191104/42744c25cf32f9b9ec18fd08e73cd402.jpg

Thanks for the tip on Zeroed in Armory.

A short thread drift, or if you prefer you can pm me, but what holsters are you using to carry those Roland Special type builds?

awp_101
01-02-2020, 09:43 PM
There seems to be a lot of good options for optics cuts.

I took a risk on a local guy that was recommended by a DFW area shooting group: Vulcan Machine Werks (https://www.vulcanmachinewerks.com). So far, so good.

I’ve had Vulcan, L&M, Primary Machine and all seemed good to go.

Another vote for Vulcan. They did a G45 slide cut for an ACRO P-1. It's excellent.

You guys still happy with Vulcan?

David S.
01-02-2020, 10:01 PM
You guys still happy with Vulcan?

I only have a few thousand rounds through that particular gun, but yes, I'd use him again. The mount and Cerekote have held up well.

As an aside, he's started doing grip stippling too. He does a generic looking stipple job and a very high texture rubbery grip coating that looks interesting for a duty or competition gun. They're too pokey for concealed carry. I have a couple carry guns that could use a stipple job - they'll probably go to Boresight Solutions.

awp_101
01-02-2020, 10:44 PM
Thanks! After the first outing with the G19/Dueck RBU/Holosun combo I think I'm ready to have the slide milled...

SeriousStudent
01-03-2020, 10:20 PM
My G45 is doing fine. I loaned it to my Army Captain nephew.

Even an officer couldn't mess it up. I was pleased. :cool:

CWM11B
01-04-2020, 11:18 AM
Another vote for L&M. He did the slide on my old duty pistol and I have been nothing but pleased. He us somewhat local to me, so I made a couple of short day trips to deliver and pick up my slide. Very impressed with the organization of his shop and the number of slides he had in the que from all manner of makes and models. I've got a couple more in mind for him to configure for me.

Exiledviking
01-04-2020, 01:48 PM
Who's best for USP slides? Thinking about a SRO or ACRO on a USP 9.

Casey
01-05-2020, 02:10 PM
L&M did a Unity Tactical ATOM installation on a G19 several years ago that worked flawlessly.

More recently, I had Primary Machine mill a VP9 for me that turned out quite nicely. I put 4,800 trouble-free rounds through it before the RMR crapped out (early 2013 model). I was happy enough with the quality of the work that I sent a second VP9 slide to them last month.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1024x768q90/923/tMKYLo.jpg

mmc45414
03-03-2020, 04:42 PM
It seemed to me that Apex posts a lot of social media pictures of pistols with optics, and it made me wonder if they might be doing milling. I couldn't find anything on their www but to confirm I sent them an email.

They do not.

Bart Carter
03-03-2020, 06:21 PM
Do any of these companies put in mounting posts?

I do my own and usually mill for a "click" fit. But looking at specs, it seems that it would not be that hard to insert dowels for the mounting posts on my next one.

jandbj
03-03-2020, 06:22 PM
Maple leaf firearms did a j-point cut on a spare G19. Very, very happy with the quality of the work.

Suarez did my G26 RMR cut. No issues there either.

Default.mp3
03-04-2020, 02:16 AM
Who's best for USP slides? Thinking about a SRO or ACRO on a USP 9.L&M Precision is the only guy I know of that has worked on USPs, outside of the occasional APO job.

Mike C
03-25-2020, 08:53 PM
Maple leaf firearms did a j-point cut on a spare G19. Very, very happy with the quality of the work.

Suarez did my G26 RMR cut. No issues there either.

I just recently got back a G48 and G43X slide from them and am pleased as well, I am especially happy with the refinishing. I only wish they made a cover plate as I don't think I will be seeing the other RMSw any time soon. Communication was also top notch. I received e-mail replies on the weekend no less. I couldn't recommend them enough. Their turn around was fast as heck too.

texasaggie2005
04-12-2020, 01:06 PM

Welp, based on this post, I just found out about Zeroed In Armory. And they are local to me, so that's a plus. Going to give them a shot.

Clay1
04-12-2020, 01:39 PM
Welp, based on this post, I just found out about Zeroed In Armory. And they are local to me, so that's a plus. Going to give them a shot.

They milled my slide recently. Sent them my RM06 and Trijicon plate and they did the install free. The firearm turn around was as promised. The work looked great at an unbelievable price.

The only thing that I did differently was to increase the amount of insurance on my shipment. Since it was a grand new G5 G19 and a new RM06 that I sent them, I didn't think the insurance amount that was standard, covered my exposure level. The cost for the extra coverage was very reasonable. I didn't need the extra insurance (no claim required) but I slept better knowing that it was there.

Happy customer here.

texasaggie2005
04-21-2020, 04:31 PM

Just picked up my slide from Zeroed In Armory. $75 and 7 business days turn around.

https://imgur.com/weDhALp.jpg

UNK
06-11-2020, 06:03 PM
I recently retired from a law enforcement career. Just before I got out, I had two Glock model 45 "work" pistols milled and cerakoted by Mod1 Firearms in Kentucky. I know some other LEO's at my former agency who had them done by the same company. We all had good work, with really fast turnaround times. Took about two weeks or so. Not sure if he is more backlogged nowadays, but he seemed to be pretty fast compared to some of the other quoted times. (These were done in the first quarter of 2019). I am very happy with all his work I witnessed firsthand. Just fyi.

This guy is a retired LE Armorer. Hes got a Haas in his shop. Dont get much better than that.

Whirlwind06
07-06-2020, 12:23 PM
Any one have used lone wolff milling services? They have a race cut with the rear sight in front of the dot.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

BehindBlueI's
07-08-2020, 06:52 PM
Just picked up my slide from Zeroed In Armory. $75 and 7 business days turn around.

Looks like a good thing you got it when you did, as 9 days after your post: https://www.mytexasdaily.com/upper-gulf-coast/licensed-firearm-dealer-in-texas-arrested-and-charged-with-illegally-selling-firearms-to-convicted-felons/article_9ab53520-8af7-11ea-9c32-c36b93300ee2.html

So they may not be an option any longer.

Do any of these companies put in mounting posts?

I never saw an answer to this, so I'm asking it as well as how important mounting posts are.

texasaggie2005
07-09-2020, 08:50 AM
Looks like a good thing you got it when you did, as 9 days after your post: https://www.mytexasdaily.com/upper-gulf-coast/licensed-firearm-dealer-in-texas-arrested-and-charged-with-illegally-selling-firearms-to-convicted-felons/article_9ab53520-8af7-11ea-9c32-c36b93300ee2.html

So they may not be an option any longer.

I never saw an answer to this, so I'm asking it as well as how important mounting posts are.

Oh shit!

Steve m
07-20-2020, 08:20 AM
@ GJM,

What finish did you go with for your slide refinish from Primary Machine, I'm going to send a slide in to get milled for a Holosun.

Thanks
Steve

MDFA
07-20-2020, 02:53 PM
Any one have used lone wolff milling services? They have a race cut with the rear sight in front of the dot.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I had them do a Gen 3 19 and a G22. Fast turnaround and no issues with the work.

Whirlwind06
09-07-2020, 09:14 PM
I had Wolff mill a g45 slide, they don’t mill in the posts, but it’s a sung fit for the optic.

tlong17
09-08-2020, 11:03 PM
Sending off a G45 slide tomorrow to CHPWS for RMR cut and Zev posts. Excited to see the finished product.

David S.
09-09-2020, 05:38 AM
Sending off a G45 slide tomorrow to CHPWS for RMR cut and Zev posts. Excited to see the finished product.

As soon as I get a rear sight in from Ameriglo, I'll be doing the same with my CZ P-07.

BehindBlueI's
09-10-2020, 01:16 PM
507 direct mill with primary machine on a G45, standard height sights visible or must use suppressor height? Don't care if it's bottom 1/5, as long as usable.

David S.
09-10-2020, 01:48 PM
507 direct mill with primary machine on a G45, standard height sights visible or must use suppressor height? Don't care if it's bottom 1/5, as long as usable.

507c will require suppressor height sights, 507k may allow for standard sights depending on how deep PM mills the slide.

I would strongly recommend finding the lowest possible BUIS. I want the bottom of the trough level with, or slightly below the top of the optic body. I think the Ameriglo's trapezoidal rear sight obscures the least.

BehindBlueI's
09-10-2020, 02:18 PM
507c will require suppressor height sights, 507k may allow for standard sights depending on how deep PM mills the slide.

I would strongly recommend finding the lowest possible BUIS. I want the bottom of the trough level with, or slightly below the top of the optic body. I think the Ameriglo's trapezoidal rear sight obscures the least.

507c v2

Up1911Fan
09-10-2020, 02:54 PM
For those sending slides to CHPWS, be prepared to wait longer than quoted.

J0hnny
09-12-2020, 06:51 PM
I sent a VP9 slide to Primary Machine & got it back with the nitride finish two weeks early. I went to the range to zero & I didn’t have to make any adjustments. I’m not sure if this is a service they offer? I didn’t even include my barrel when I shipped it to them. Anyhow, I’m happy.

GearFondler
09-12-2020, 07:12 PM
I sent a VP9 slide to Primary Machine & got it back with the nitride finish two weeks early. I went to the range to zero & I didn’t have to make any adjustments. I’m not sure if this is a service they offer? I didn’t even include my barrel when I shipped it to them. Anyhow, I’m happy.I think you just got lucky... Their website specifically mentions that you will still need to zero the RDS.

MAP
09-12-2020, 08:44 PM
For those sending slides to CHPWS, be prepared to wait longer than quoted.

Can you elaborate? Monday will be day 10 that they have my slide. I have a Sage Dynamics RDS Instructor course next month and definitely need my slide back by end of this month.

Mike

Up1911Fan
09-12-2020, 08:49 PM
Can you elaborate? Monday will be day 10 that they have my slide. I have a Sage Dynamics RDS Instructor course next month and definitely need my slide back by end of this month.

Mike

My slide was due back on 8/27, I recieved it today after a few issues and delays.

J0hnny
09-13-2020, 06:24 AM
I think you just got lucky... Their website specifically mentions that you will still need to zero the RDS.

I guess absurdly / fantastically lucky... I'll take it but I zeroed two RMRs, first a HK OR slide and made some adjustment but was surprised the PM slide was dead nuts and just put one hole into another.

Clark Jackson
09-13-2020, 09:58 AM
+1 ATEi

Great work.

Highly recommend paying a little extra for a milled dovetail to accommodate suppressor height rear sight forward of the MRDS

BehindBlueI's
09-15-2020, 09:43 PM

I emailed Primary Machine and they answered very quickly. Suppressor height required.

mmc45414
09-24-2020, 12:31 PM
I have been lurking on this with the intent of dipping my toe in the water soon. My interest would be M&P and not all the providers offer that, so I built this spreadsheet:

It is probably silly of me, but I always have a comfort level doing business closer to home, so I listed the states.
I left Zeroed In offa the list, on account of the federal charges and stuff...

Is there a way we should do this better? A sticky or something?

I’d add C&H Precision.

Primary Machine does cut M&P. They did mine. [URL]https://primarymachine.com/m-p-optic-milling/[URL]
I was within the edit window so I fixed my error and omission.

David S.
09-24-2020, 12:45 PM
I’d add C&H Precision.

bwswanson
09-24-2020, 12:49 PM
I have been lurking on this with the intent of dipping my toe in the water soon. My interest would be M&P and not all the providers offer that, so I built this spreadsheet:

It is probably silly of me, but I always have a comfort level doing business closer to home, so I listed the states.

Primary Machine does cut M&P. They did mine. [URL]https://primarymachine.com/m-p-optic-milling/[URL]

HeavyDuty
09-24-2020, 02:56 PM
My holy grail for defensive use has become useable cowitness with normal height sights. I have a 19.5 with RMR and broadsail height suppressor sights, but that’s definitely not where I want to be for smaller defensive guns such as a 43, 43X, 48 or 26.

My 26.5 will probably be the next RDS victim. I’d like to quantify how deep of a cut is needed to do this for a low, compact RDS like a Shield, Swampfox Sentinel or 407k instead of an RMR or RMRcc. It must be possible since the 43X and 48 MOS models do it out of the box.

mrozowjj
12-02-2020, 02:28 AM

I was within the edit window so I fixed my error and omission.

This is a great start. I would love a shared Google doc that was made in a sticky.

mmc45414
12-07-2020, 11:46 AM
This is a great start. I would love a shared Google doc that was made in a sticky.
I have the spreadsheet. Is there a proper P-F place to stash such things? Would be great if folks could grow the document as knowledge was gained. I just do not want to go put it on a Google Drive of mine and then I get hit by a beer truck or something.

BehindBlueI's ?

BehindBlueI's
12-07-2020, 12:49 PM
I have the spreadsheet. Is there a proper P-F place to stash such things? Would be great if folks could grow the document as knowledge was gained. I just do not want to go put it on a Google Drive of mine and then I get hit by a beer truck or something.

BehindBlueI's ?

I can sticky a thread, NP. Just PM me a link, I'll be around off and on most of the day.

RoyGBiv
12-07-2020, 01:38 PM
I can sticky a thread, NP. Just PM me a link, I'll be around off and on most of the day.

I believe the question is whether PF version of vBulletin enables/allows file sharing. Otherwise, someone would need to "own" a registered account (google drive, MS onedrive, Box, etc) and share access to the file from there. Could be an anonymity issue although a separate account to be generated. Then some sort of permissions or tracking would need to happen so that multiple edits to the same file don't get lost or overwritten... I'm sure I'm not describing this adequately, but, sharing a "spreadsheet" has many more layers than sharing an image.

BehindBlueI's
12-07-2020, 01:43 PM
I believe the question is whether PF version of vBulletin enables/allows file sharing. Otherwise, someone would need to "own" a registered account (google drive, MS onedrive, Box, etc) and share access to the file from there. Could be an anonymity issue although a separate account to be generated. Then some sort of permissions or tracking would need to happen so that multiple edits to the same file don't get lost or overwritten... I'm sure I'm not describing this adequately, but, sharing a "spreadsheet" has many more layers than sharing an image.

Ah, then I've no idea. Boss-man signal, activate!

LittleLebowski

Sig_Fiend
12-08-2020, 09:27 AM
I just do not want to go put it on a Google Drive of mine and then I get hit by a beer truck or something.

BehindBlueI's ?

A Google Sheet would be ideal. There are many permission options that could avoid those issues. Multiple people could be made editors while everyone else is read-only. Also, you can allow downloading and making a copy in Google Drive, so anyone else can take it and run with it if needed. Just mentioning it because, in my experience, other methods tend to fall apart over time.

For example, in the programming world we use what are called "version control systems" to store code. An example of this is a program called Git, and a website called GitHub that is built on it. The end result is, you have a single source of truth, which is important to keep things in sync and well-managed over time. Also, being that it's version controlled, you have a total history of all changes and can revert any of them at any time. Google Sheets does have a version control system.

If a Google Sheet is an option, I'm always happy to create it. Just let me know the details, if any other PF members with Google accounts need to be made editors, etc. If not, no biggie.

mmc45414
12-08-2020, 12:00 PM
If a Google Sheet is an option, I'm always happy to create it.
PM me a email and I will send you the simple spreadsheet as a starting point.

dontshakepandas
12-08-2020, 09:19 PM
I got my slide back from ATEI today and am very pleased.

I like it better than the slides I’ve had done at Jagerwerks and Battlewerx, but at this point that is more due to the enhanced serrations than the optic cut itself.

The Battlewerx slide had the deepest cut, but the nitride finish didn’t hold up as well as the Jagerwerks finish. The serrations on both the Jagerwerks and Battlewerx were too busy for my taste and they have to put their logo on the slide. The ATEI serrations look stock but have significantly more bite.

Wake27
12-09-2020, 12:35 AM
I got my slide back from ATEI today and am very pleased.

I like it better than the slides I’ve had done at Jagerwerks and Battlewerx, but at this point that is more due to the enhanced serrations than the optic cut itself.

The Battlewerx slide had the deepest cut, but the nitride finish didn’t hold up as well as the Jagerwerks finish. The serrations on both the Jagerwerks and Battlewerx were too busy for my taste and they have to put their logo on the slide. The ATEI serrations look stock but have significantly more bite.

Love my ATEi enhanced serrations. How long did it take?

dontshakepandas
12-09-2020, 07:29 AM
Love my ATEi enhanced serrations. How long did it take?

I shipped it to them on 11/6 and got it back on 12/8. Much faster than I expected.

I’ll be sending another in a few weeks.

Wake27
12-09-2020, 08:52 AM
I shipped it to them on 11/6 and got it back on 12/8. Much faster than I expected.

I’ll be sending another in a few weeks.

Yeah that’s pretty good considering the holidays. They did my G19.4 a few years ago and while I don’t abuse my guns, it seem far more use than any other gun in the safe. Even with the universal RMR cut, it’s been fantastic and I’m really glad I opted to go the gold standard route instead of trying to save a little time and money, considering these are permanent modifications.

I also agree on the aesthetics, idgaf about fancy machining on a Glock slide. To me, it’s like modding a Toyota Camry so I just want it to work well and not scream “look at me.”

Bolt_Overide
12-09-2020, 02:24 PM

another positive vote for Primary Machine.

Erick Gelhaus
05-10-2021, 11:32 AM
Anyone in particular for M&P Shield slides?

I had a 4" P/C slide badly buggered up and just got the replacement in.

backtrail540
05-11-2021, 12:27 PM
Jagerwerks confirmed that they received my slide today. 4-8 weeks and I'll have an sro on my p09 and be able to report impressions.

Bolt_Overide
06-09-2021, 05:55 PM
Since my go to is gone (primary machine no longer takes on this work) can someone recommend a company that does good work with a 2-3 week turn around time?

TC215
06-09-2021, 08:33 PM
Since my go to is gone (primary machine no longer takes on this work) can someone recommend a company that does good work with a 2-3 week turn around time?

If you don’t need re-finishing, I believe Maple Leaf Firearms can do it in that time frame. I sent them a G45 slide a couple months ago and the turnaround was two weeks. I had them put Tool Black on the milled surface instead of re-finishing.

Utm
06-09-2021, 09:30 PM

Continuous precision is quoting 10-14 days currently

David S.
06-10-2021, 07:30 AM

Give Vulcan Machine Werks (https://www.vulcanmachinewerks.com/) a call and ask.

backtrail540
07-14-2021, 08:56 AM
Jagerwerks confirmed that they received my slide today. 4-8 weeks and I'll have an sro on my p09 and be able to report impressions.

If it were not for usps kicking my slide around the wrong city for as few days, i would've gotten as close to 8 weeks as business days allow.

backtrail540
07-14-2021, 12:29 PM

Seems like the pocket is tight enough. I've got a case waiting to put through it so we'll see how it holds up.

It was hard to get a good pic of the irons they just peep up into the window. They seem useable though.

EPF
08-28-2021, 08:39 AM
Is there a preferred milling company that would sell me a gun as a package?

Where, for example, I could buy a 17.5 and 508T x2 from their inventory, have it milled in house and they would mount the RDS and backup sights before shipping to my FFL.

Does such a thing exist?

Sero Sed Serio
08-28-2021, 06:44 PM

Primary Machine’s Brand Manager told me that, once a year on Black Friday, they accept orders for customer supplied slide work.

Casey
08-29-2021, 01:40 PM
Is there a preferred milling company that would sell me a gun as a package?

Where, for example, I could buy a 17.5 and 508T x2 from their inventory, have it milled in house and they would mount the RDS and backup sights before shipping to my FFL.

Does such a thing exist?

Boresight Solutions (https://www.boresightsolutions.com).

EPF
08-29-2021, 02:06 PM
Boresight Solutions (https://www.boresightsolutions.com).

Interesting, thanks. I wasn’t aware they dealt in milled guns

Exiledviking
06-11-2022, 05:31 PM
I'd appreciate some advice.

I'm looking at two very lightly used different Glock 19 gen 5s locally. One is a MOS and has a gen 1 Holosun 508T mounted on a CHPWS plate and the other 19 is non MOS. Both have the FCS, so they should have the preferred breech face cut. The price difference is ~$400.
I have a spare Holosun 509T laying around that I'm thinking would be a good match for the non MOS G19.5.

Is it preferable to have a direct milled MRDS like to 509T? Looks like it'll run me around $200 to get the slide milled for the 509T.

While I like the turn-key aspect of the MOS G19.5, I'm not thrilled about the CHPWS plate and the gen 1 508T since the sight will have to come off to change the battery and the earlier gen CHPWS plates were supposedly not great.

What would you do?

Clusterfrack
06-11-2022, 05:44 PM
Exiledviking, I would go with the direct milled 509t, with rear sight forward. My main carry gun is a p-07 with direct milled 509t2, and I’m very happy with it. No plates. No screws. Low profile BUIS.

Utm
06-11-2022, 11:42 PM
I'd appreciate some advice.

I'm looking at two very lightly used different Glock 19 gen 5s locally. One is a MOS and has a gen 1 Holosun 508T mounted on a CHPWS plate and the other 19 is non MOS. Both have the FCS, so they should have the preferred breech face cut. The price difference is ~$400.
I have a spare Holosun 509T laying around that I'm thinking would be a good match for the non MOS G19.5.

Is it preferable to have a direct milled MRDS like to 509T? Looks like it'll run me around $200 to get the slide milled for the 509T.

While I like the turn-key aspect of the MOS G19.5, I'm not thrilled about the CHPWS plate and the gen 1 508T since the sight will have to come off to change the battery and the earlier gen CHPWS plates were supposedly not great.

What would you do?
You could replace the chpws plate with a forward control designs plate