PDA

View Full Version : Paris Waiter Shot Dead for Slow Service

Chance
08-18-2019, 11:15 AM
Not especially remarkable with exception of where it happened. From BBC News (https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-49385132):

A waiter near Paris has been shot dead by a customer who was reportedly angry because his sandwich was not prepared quickly enough.

Police say a murder investigation has been launched after the incident on Friday evening in the eastern suburb of Noisy-le-Grand.

The suspect fled the scene and has not been caught.

Ambulance crews tried to save the 28-year-old waiter, who had been shot in the shoulder, but he died at the scene.

His colleagues told police that the customer had lost his temper at the pizza and sandwich shop because of the length of time it had taken to prepare his meal.

The killing has stunned local residents and shopkeepers.

"It is sad," one 29-year-old woman told French media. "It's a quiet restaurant, without any problems. It just opened a few months ago."

Some residents, however, said there had been an upsurge of crime in the area with an increase of drug-dealing and drunkenness on the streets.

Greg
08-18-2019, 01:08 PM
I expected to read that the customer ordered Cochinita/Puerco Pibil.

the Schwartz
08-18-2019, 01:19 PM
Sometimes not leaving a tip to express discontent with the service one has received from waitstaff is just not enough... 😂

Josh Runkle
08-18-2019, 01:22 PM
Sometimes not leaving a tip to express discontent with the service one has received ftom waitstaff is just not enough... [emoji23]

You can’t there. VAT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnO
08-18-2019, 01:30 PM
If only the establishment had a "No Guns Allowed" sign. Pas d'armes autorisées!

the Schwartz
08-18-2019, 01:33 PM
You can’t there. VAT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I know that.

It was a joke, Josh. Humor. 🙂

Yung
08-18-2019, 02:42 PM
Ambulance crews tried to save the 28-year-old waiter, who had been shot in the shoulder, but he died at the scene.

This is what stuck out to me the most, for multiple reasons.

If carrying a weapon for personal protection would simply not be considered by anyone over there even if it was legal, I think I would be rather surprised if the idea carrying a TQ and some hemcon gauze wouldn't be met with resistance.

I wonder if the US is the only nation among coalition forces that fought in Iraq and Afghanistan that had a domestic bleeding control awareness campaign like Stop the Bleed.

TAZ
08-18-2019, 03:26 PM
Fake news. There are no guns allowed in France, so this is just collusion by the Russians to make France look bad.

RIP to the waiter, hope the shooter gets his, but I’m not hopeful on that front.

I’m not so sure about a TQ or combat gauze or Stop the Bleed being the culprit on this one. Shot in the shoulder is pretty general. I’m no medic, but if memory serves correct, the subclavian arteries run in areas you could describe as the shoulder and are pretty decently sized blood vessels. Not quite sure how you’d get a TQ in use or if combat gauze can stop that flow if those are nicked.

LOKNLOD
08-18-2019, 03:43 PM
Closer to home, my wife sent me this yesterday shortly after I got home from picking up some Taco Bell.
No, it wasn’t me this time.

blues
08-18-2019, 04:23 PM
Taco Bell: If the food doesn't kill you, our customers will! Make a run for the border!

Totem Polar
08-18-2019, 05:12 PM
Taco Bell: If the food doesn't kill you, our customers will! Make a run for the border!

https://i.imgflip.com/1ju90z.jpg

Cocher par fume

jtcarm
08-18-2019, 07:35 PM
You sure it wasn’t here :

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190819/29b175409b02aeb539fafb7fcd444947.jpg

Stephanie B
08-18-2019, 08:28 PM
Closer to home, my wife sent me this yesterday shortly after I got home from picking up some Taco Bell.
No, it wasn’t me this time.

It has been, before?