PDA

View Full Version : LTT 1301...HAWT!

ASH556
08-09-2019, 03:46 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/B09JFs4g1qN/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

(I still like the other Italian "B" better tho ;) )

Bigghoss
08-09-2019, 04:56 PM
Link to the FB video.

https://www.facebook.com/langdontactical/videos/386268905407529/?comment_id=386277472073339&notif_id=1565382952744816&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic

Doc_Glock
08-09-2019, 05:14 PM
Nailed everything that shotgun needs.

RONK
08-09-2019, 05:19 PM
I really,really,really want one or two.

WobblyPossum
08-09-2019, 06:01 PM
Am I missing something? It’s a 1301 that has all the Aridus parts installed from the factory. If it’s cheaper than buying a 1301 and adding all the accessories, then cool.

Medusa
08-09-2019, 06:24 PM
It’s nice, but I was more excited that he’s offering cut and crown service on barrels. It’s beyond me why the ltt barrel doesn’t come that way (is c and c like my.p mod 5 px4cc ) given how annoying they are to clean.

Cory
08-09-2019, 06:47 PM
This is pretty much exactly what I want in a 1301 for home defense. I've been kinda sorta planning/hoping to grab a 1301 come tax season.

I'm going to have to add up the cost of buying a 1301 and adding on the Aridus stuff, and Nordic extension, and compare a bit. The shotgun itself is something I've already had a real desire and justifiable need for. The price point gives me pause. I have no doubt that the shotgun is excellent, but it's a bit much for my income level and firearm budget. I may be better off financially with a regular 1301 Tactical, and slowly changing or adding things as I need. I'm a tad disappointed that their is nothing uniquely LTT about the shotgun, it could just as easily been direct from Aridus.

That being said, I would really hope to be able to support LTT at any turn possible because of the innovation that Ernest has been able to drive Beretta towards at every turn. If the prices are comparable when added up, I'll try to make the numbers work for the LTT 1301.

-Cory

Inkwell 41
08-09-2019, 06:51 PM
This is pretty much exactly what I want in a 1301 for home defense. I've been kinda sorta planning/hoping to grab a 1301 come tax season.

I'm going to have to add up the cost of buying a 1301 and adding on the Aridus stuff, and Nordic extension, and compare a bit. The shotgun itself is something I've already had a real desire and justifiable need for. The price point gives me pause. I have no doubt that the shotgun is excellent, but it's a bit much for my income level and firearm budget. I may be better off financially with a regular 1301 Tactical, and slowly changing or adding things as I need. I'm a tad disappointed that their is nothing uniquely LTT about the shotgun, it could just as easily been direct from Aridus.

That being said, I would really hope to be able to support LTT at any turn possible because of the innovation that Ernest has been able to drive Beretta towards at every turn. If the prices are comparable when added up, I'll try to make the numbers work for the LTT 1301.

-Cory

Ditto. I was hoping for a 1301 Comp receiver and 18 1/2", vent rib barrel, but I also want to support LTT. It'll be a bit, but I'll buy one.

Yung
08-09-2019, 06:55 PM
god dammit, I'm going to be poor

RevolverRob
08-09-2019, 06:57 PM
According to my math a 1301 Tactical is ~$1100 new plus the cost of the Nordic and Aridus bits comes to $1895. The cost of the LTT 1301 is $1879. Both configurations include the Aridus Q-DC and the CROM “Rob Haught” Aimpoint mount.

Cory
08-09-2019, 07:22 PM
According to my math a 1301 Tactical is ~$1100 new plus the cost of the Nordic and Aridus bits comes to $1895. The cost of the LTT 1301 is $1879. Both configurations include the Aridus Q-DC and the CROM “Rob Haught” Aimpoint mount.

You can get a 1301 Tac for around $880 or so if you hunt.

-Cory

CLaw
08-10-2019, 07:36 AM
Was thinking the same things. However, I've been known to mess up the simplest of installations. lol I also like to support LTT for all the great stuff they have done lately for Beretta. Langdon also mentioned something about ATF compliance? Not sure what that is about. You will have to forgive my ignorance. Would adding these parts on yourself cause a potential issue with that as it is an imported shotgun?

You can get a 1301 Tac for around $880 or so if you hunt.

-Cory

SecondsCount
08-10-2019, 07:49 AM
Are the Magpul stocks a big improvement? You get Mlok but what else?

GearFondler
08-10-2019, 10:08 AM
Are the Magpul stocks a big improvement? You get Mlok but what else?The SGA gives you multiple sling attachment options, shortens the LOP by 1" (if you desire), and puts your wrist at a more comfortable angle.

Poconnor
08-10-2019, 01:12 PM
I was really hoping that he had persuaded beretta to make the factory forearm reinforced to run picatinny rails at 3, 6 and 9:00. I really like how light my 1301 feels

Bigghoss
08-10-2019, 02:50 PM
Was thinking the same things. However, I've been known to mess up the simplest of installations. lol I also like to support LTT for all the great stuff they have done lately for Beretta. Langdon also mentioned something about ATF compliance? Not sure what that is about. You will have to forgive my ignorance. Would adding these parts on yourself cause a potential issue with that as it is an imported shotgun?

It has to be 922r compliant. Basically, rifles and shotguns being imported aren't allowed to have certain features when coming into the US even though those features are perfectly legal. (ammo capacity, pistol grips, "assault weapon" type features) Once they're in the US, if you want to add those features, there is a list of specific parts and the gun can't have more than 10 foreign made parts off that list. So you end up replacing things that don't need replacing just so the gun can be considered US made in some roundabout convoluted way just so you can legally have a shotgun that holds more than 5 rounds or a rifle with a pistol grip. It's why Saiga and Vepr rifles were the way they were. It's really really stupid and a pain in the ass.

LHS
08-10-2019, 03:13 PM

The cost is roughly the same for the individual components, but you also don't have to futz around with installation, or the cost of shipping from disparate vendors, which is something.

GearFondler
08-10-2019, 03:29 PM
The cost is roughly the same for the individual components, but you also don't have to futz around with installation, or the cost of shipping from disparate vendors, which is something.... Or waiting on Out of Stock items.

OlongJohnson
08-10-2019, 03:37 PM
Since we're now discussing it, I'd be very interested in LTT coming in here and explaining what they are doing that makes the LTT 1301 922(r) compliant with the mag tube extension. I've studied that with respect to the 1301. By my count, the buttstock, handguard and mag follower only get the count down to 11 parts.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?10177-Beretta-1301-Tactical/page265&p=709490#post709490

LHS
08-10-2019, 03:42 PM
... Or waiting on Out of Stock items.

Also true.

CLaw
08-11-2019, 03:23 PM
Broke down and ordered one... now I need another red dot... I have to stop coming here and avoid Instagram... lol

Ohh and light... what’s everyone’s favorite light/mount combo for their shotgun?

LangdonTactical
08-26-2019, 07:42 PM
Since we're now discussing it, I'd be very interested in LTT coming in here and explaining what they are doing that makes the LTT 1301 922(r) compliant with the mag tube extension. I've studied that with respect to the 1301. By my count, the buttstock, handguard and mag follower only get the count down to 11 parts.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?10177-Beretta-1301-Tactical/page265&p=709490#post709490

Because according to the letter from the ATF in my file cabinet, the 1301 Tactical and 1301 Comp only have 13 parts total. One of those parts is the magazine follower according to them. We are only using 10 imported parts by their count to build this shotgun.

Hope that clears things up.

LangdonTactical
08-26-2019, 07:46 PM
Broke down and ordered one... now I need another red dot... I have to stop coming here and avoid Instagram... lol

Ohh and light... what’s everyone’s favorite light/mount combo for their shotgun?

I really like the TRL-1 HL on the 1301. MagPul makes some nice MLOK rails that fit nicely on the forend that will take all kinds of lights. I am playing with one of their Cantilever Rail/Light mounts right now and it works pretty slick on that forearm.

GearFondler
08-27-2019, 03:38 AM
I really like the TRL-1 HL on the 1301. MagPul makes some nice MLOK rails that fit nicely on the forend that will take all kinds of lights. I am playing with one of their Cantilever Rail/Light mounts right now and it works pretty slick on that forearm.Any chance we can see a Pic of that, please?

LangdonTactical
08-27-2019, 11:17 AM
Any chance we can see a Pic of that, please?

Just the mount

With the TRL-1 HL. It is pretty easy to run the light with your thumb.

This is a much better configuration for me as it puts my hand in the right place on the forend. With the Pic rail mounted directly to the forend, I have to move my hand back to an unnatural position to run the light.

With more of a Scout type light

I am still trying to come up with the optimum mount for a light, but this is so much better than what I had before.

GearFondler
08-27-2019, 01:57 PM
This is a much better configuration for me as it puts my hand in the right place on the forend. With the Pic rail mounted directly to the forend, I have to move my hand back to an unnatural position to run the light.

I am still trying to come up with the optimum mount for a light, but this is so much better than what I had before.

Nice! I don't have the forend yet so I can't experiment, but my idea was to run a TLR with the tape switch, mounting the light to the right side of the Nordic clamp and the pressure pad on the left side of the forend, right where your thumb is resting.

CLaw
08-27-2019, 04:00 PM
I picked up one of Arisaka’s M-Lock Scout mounts... I’m worried that I should have gone with an in-line Mount to move the light farther forward already, and I haven’t gotten it yet. lol

How is riding your thumb on a push button capped light under 12 Gauge recoil? I’m picturing that in my head... lol I’ve never run a long gun with a light on it...

Just the mount

With the TRL-1 HL. It is pretty easy to run the light with your thumb.

With more of a Scout type light

LangdonTactical
08-27-2019, 04:50 PM
I picked up one of Arisaka’s M-Lock Scout mounts... I’m worried that I should have gone with an in-line Mount to move the light farther forward already, and I haven’t gotten it yet. lol

How is riding your thumb on a push button capped light under 12 Gauge recoil? I’m picturing that in my head... lol I’ve never run a long gun with a light on it...

The button is not bad on the scout light. I don't really have my thumb straight like that.

The lever on the TRL1 is not fun in recoil if you leave it behind it when the gun fires. You can just turn it on and leave it on and not leave you thumb on the lever.

Jay Cunningham
08-27-2019, 05:00 PM
There are better options from IWC utilizing the MLOK points.

LangdonTactical
08-28-2019, 01:30 PM
There are better options from IWC utilizing the MLOK points.

I have seen their stuff online but never used it before. Can you elaborate on what makes their stuff better?

Jay Cunningham
08-28-2019, 01:41 PM
They have some cantilevered mounts which IMO puts the light at a much more natural placement for thumb activation, and also are simply a better fit on the long gun.

I wouldn't say "better" necessarily (quality wise) I mean more elegant.

dontshakepandas
08-28-2019, 02:04 PM
They have some cantilevered mounts which IMO puts the light at a much more natural placement for thumb activation, and also are simply a better fit on the long gun.

I'll second this recommendation. I think some of their options may just work better for this specific application.

For example, I think this would work well for the Scout light by pushing it out a bit further and tucking it in a little better.

https://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/thorntail-2-m-lok/

LangdonTactical
08-28-2019, 04:40 PM
I'll second this recommendation. I think some of their options may just work better for this specific application.

For example, I think this would work well for the Scout light by pushing it out a bit further and tucking it in a little better.

https://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/thorntail-2-m-lok/

So it is Scout light specific, correct? Has anyone checked the clearance on the 1301 with this forend? Clearly, it is built for an AR15 M-LOK forend.

LangdonTactical
08-28-2019, 04:41 PM

So you have one of these mounted on a 1301 already? If so, can you provide pictures? I like the idea of keeping it closer to the gun, but farther forward.

dontshakepandas
08-28-2019, 05:02 PM
So it is Scout light specific, correct? Has anyone checked the clearance on the 1301 with this forend? Clearly, it is built for an AR15 M-LOK forend.

It would be limited to Scouts or lights that use the Scout mounting pattern (Arisaka, Modlite, some Streamlights). I'm not sure about fitment, but if you give them a call they may be able to give you a better guess or suggest something that might work better. I've had a few great experiences with them in the past.

Jay Cunningham
08-28-2019, 05:08 PM
So you have one of these mounted on a 1301 already? If so, can you provide pictures? I like the idea of keeping it closer to the gun, but farther forward.

I do not. However, I do have experience with MagPul Zhukov Handguards and IWC components. I had something like this in mind:

Great looking gun package, BTW. If I can be disciplined enough to save up the scratch, I'm picking one up.

LangdonTactical
08-28-2019, 06:59 PM
It would be limited to Scouts or lights that use the Scout mounting pattern (Arisaka, Modlite, some Streamlights). I'm not sure about fitment, but if you give them a call they may be able to give you a better guess or suggest something that might work better. I've had a few great experiences with them in the past.

Thank you, that helps!

LangdonTactical
08-28-2019, 06:59 PM
I do not. However, I do have experience with MagPul Zhukov Handguards and IWC components. I had something like this in mind:

Great looking gun package, BTW. If I can be disciplined enough to save up the scratch, I'm picking one up.

Got it, they do look like really good setups.

Thanks!

RevolverRob
08-30-2019, 11:16 AM
Do the LTT 1301s come with screw-in chokes?

I'm ASSuming so, because they are probably built on new 1301Ts which have screw-in chokes, but I would like a confirmation.

CLaw
08-30-2019, 05:00 PM

I'm ASSuming so, because they are probably built on new 1301Ts which have screw-in chokes, but I would like a confirmation.

Mine did. Order now, 10% off. I hate that I missed that deal. :O

RevolverRob
08-30-2019, 05:13 PM
Mine did. Order now, 10% off. I hate that I missed that deal. :O

Uh-oh. Is there a coupon code somewhere? :eek:

CLaw
08-31-2019, 05:25 AM
Uh-oh. Is there a coupon code somewhere? :eek:

It is mentioned on their site in the header: WEEKEND10. Not sure how much I am allowed to promote or if I am allowed to share/link. Mods, please delete if I am violating any decorum. I don't promote a lot of businesses, but LTT and Aridus Industries are two that I would wear a shirt for...

LangdonTactical
09-04-2019, 11:49 AM

Yes, They have the screw-in choke tubes. They only come with one cylinder bore choke though. Which is what you need unless you want to play other games with it :)

Medusa
09-04-2019, 12:01 PM
Yes, They have the screw-in choke tubes. They only come with one cylinder bore choke though. Which is what you need unless you want to play other games with it :)

I’m fighting a growing temptation to use one for other gun games, like skeet and clays, as well as s.d. Must....fight.

Wake27
09-14-2019, 11:20 AM

Any plans to eventually start offering them in the other colors Magpul produces? I just moved to an area with 3 gun and I know that as soon as I try it, I'm going to want to ditch my 870. This looks like the best well-rounded shotgun out there. But I also like FDE.

Super77
09-14-2019, 02:40 PM
Genuinely curious: what are the advantages of the Magpul furniture on this gun vs stock?

GearFondler
09-14-2019, 03:48 PM
Genuinely curious: what are the advantages of the Magpul furniture on this gun vs stock?For me the SGA stock feels much better than OEM. My hand locks on the the grip and reaches the trigger in a perfectly natural position... With the Beretta stock I was always moving it around searching for the sweet spot which I never found. The LOP can also be shortened at least an inch less than OEM which I also prefer. And it offers much better sling attachment options.
The forend allows the use of Mlok accessories which helps with lights and slings.
Plus you need these replacement Made in USA parts for 922R compliance because of the Nordic +2 extension.

Super77
09-14-2019, 04:13 PM
Perfect explanation. Thank you.

Does the Magpul mod add or subtract significant weight?

LangdonTactical
09-21-2019, 09:02 AM
Perfect explanation. Thank you.

Does the Magpul mod add or subtract significant weight?

Good question, I will have to put it on the scale and see. The Magpul stock is heavier for sure.

Wingate's Hairbrush
12-21-2019, 05:38 PM
Good question, I will have to put it on the scale and see. The Magpul stock is heavier for sure.To the top as I'm interested in this question, too. ;)

matto
05-03-2020, 10:20 PM
Because according to the letter from the ATF in my file cabinet, the 1301 Tactical and 1301 Comp only have 13 parts total. One of those parts is the magazine follower according to them. We are only using 10 imported parts by their count to build this shotgun.

Would you (or anyone) be up for sharing the exact list of 10 imported parts?

Also, I have a related question I'm hoping someone could confirm. If I skip the +2 extension tube, then I bypass 922 entirely since I'm not exceeding 5 rounds? That means I could add any combination of the following without any isuse. Am I interpreting that correctly?

1. Streamlight light mount https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001G61K74

2. Magpul stock w/ Aridus Industries Stock Adapter

3. Aridus CROM Mount (Rob Haught Version)

GearFondler
05-04-2020, 03:57 AM
Would you (or anyone) be up for sharing the exact list of 10 imported parts?

Also, I have a related question I'm hoping someone could confirm. If I skip the +2 extension tube, then I bypass 922 entirely since I'm not exceeding 5 rounds? That means I could add any combination of the following without any isuse. Am I interpreting that correctly?

1. Streamlight light mount https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001G61K74

2. Magpul stock w/ Aridus Industries Stock Adapter

3. Aridus CROM Mount (Rob Haught Version)Correct.

awmp
06-16-2020, 04:51 PM
Just placed one on pre-order should be here in October. I have wanted one for some time, look forward to getting it in hand.

Balisong
08-16-2020, 05:43 PM
Does anyone have pics of the sight picture with the Haught Crom mod as well as their opinion of it versus the standard ghost ring when used with a RDS? I'm leaning towards the Haught Mod but it would be nice to see what it actually looks like first. My google search for such a thing has been fruitless.

awmp
08-16-2020, 06:57 PM
I just picked mine up yesterday and I went with the traditional ghost ring and I'm going to add the RDS later. I'm curious to see why some pick one over the other. I had a hard time choosing but I knew it would be later on for the RDS so I just went ghost ring.

I will tell you have I have had two Benelli M4s and this shotgun is much lighter, fits me better, has a very smooth action and I don't have to spend a great deal of money to get it where I want, LTT 1301 out of the box is ready to go.

I'm ready to get it to the range next weekend, more to follow.

Does anyone have pics of the sight picture with the Haught Crom mod as well as their opinion of it versus the standard ghost ring when used with a RDS? I'm leaning towards the Haught Mod but it would be nice to see what it actually looks like first. My google search for such a thing has been fruitless.

Balisong
08-16-2020, 07:24 PM
I just picked mine up yesterday and I went with the traditional ghost ring and I'm going to add the RDS later. I'm curious to see why some pick one over the other. I had a hard time choosing but I knew it would be later on for the RDS so I just went ghost ring.

I will tell you have I have had two Benelli M4s and this shotgun is much lighter, fits me better, has a very smooth action and I don't have to spend a great deal of money to get it where I want, LTT 1301 out of the box is ready to go.

I'm ready to get it to the range next weekend, more to follow.

Very cool!! Looks like you got it way ahead of schedule. I really look forward to hearing your report on it. When I order, I also plan on eventually a RDS, but I may run just irons for a while. Especially since I like the idea of those cool tritium Chevron front sights you can get to go with the ghost rings. But definitely interested in hearing more from folks with time on these different sights. After I made my post, I realized that LTT is not currently taking any more pre-orders, so I don't know when I will be getting one in the first place.

awmp
08-16-2020, 07:47 PM
Call LTT on the phone about the ordering. When I placed mine the website said the same and it has a set number and then takes off the pre-ordering. I'm pretty sure they will still take your money, lol. Good luck and from just handling the shotgun it was well worth the money. Range time will be the true test.

Very cool!! Looks like you got it way ahead of schedule. I really look forward to hearing your report on it. When I order, I also plan on eventually a RDS, but I may run just irons for a while. Especially since I like the idea of those cool tritium Chevron front sights you can get to go with the ghost rings. But definitely interested in hearing more from folks with time on these different sights. After I made my post, I realized that LTT is not currently taking any more pre-orders, so I don't know when I will be getting one in the first place.

GearFondler
08-16-2020, 08:54 PM
Does anyone have pics of the sight picture with the Haught Crom mod as well as their opinion of it versus the standard ghost ring when used with a RDS? I'm leaning towards the Haught Mod but it would be nice to see what it actually looks like first. My google search for such a thing has been fruitless.Shitty phone pics but it's something, hopefully anyway... It's damn hard to get a phone camera to capture the sight picture.
For use with an RDS I'm very pleased with the Haught Mod... It's invisible while using the dot and very usable with the front iron. My eye has no trouble centering the front post in the half circle just as if it was a full circle. If this was irons only I would want the full circle because it's probably a bit faster as it gives your eye more to work with, but for BUIS I prefer the cleaner view through the window.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200817/7cbc78e6daae51467deefde9edab116f.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200817/3c067c06f31b5ae59214332f40293ed8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200817/d02284675729d36fce968ba40edbdc73.jpg

Balisong
08-16-2020, 10:54 PM
Shitty phone pics but it's something, hopefully anyway... It's damn hard to get a phone camera to capture the sight picture.
For use with an RDS I'm very pleased with the Haught Mod... It's invisible while using the dot and very usable with the front iron. My eye has no trouble centering the front post in the half circle just as if it was a full circle. If this was irons only I would want the full circle because it's probably a bit faster as it gives your eye more to work with, but for BUIS I prefer the cleaner view through the window.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200817/7cbc78e6daae51467deefde9edab116f.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200817/3c067c06f31b5ae59214332f40293ed8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200817/d02284675729d36fce968ba40edbdc73.jpg

Thanks so much! That does help me get a better idea of it. So I assume you align the tip of the front sight with the tips of the rear U, as those would be the "middle" of the ghost ring/peep? That does reinforce my theory that I'd prefer the GR if planning on no optic, but a nice, less cluttered view with RDS.

The other piece I have to figure out is which optic footprint to go with. I'm assuming you have a Holosun on there? Can I ask what model it is and your thoughts on it?

Thanks again for the pics.

GearFondler
08-16-2020, 11:10 PM
Thanks so much! That does help me get a better idea of it. So I assume you align the tip of the front sight with the tips of the rear U, as those would be the "middle" of the ghost ring/peep? That does reinforce my theory that I'd prefer the GR if planning on no optic, but a nice, less cluttered view with RDS.

The other piece I have to figure out is which optic footprint to go with. I'm assuming you have a Holosun on there? Can I ask what model it is and your thoughts on it?

Thanks again for the pics.Yes, your eye will naturally center the front post in middle as your mind can just tell that the rear is a circle even though half of it is missing. Or imagine it as an enlarged U-notch rear iron and center the front post just like it was a handgun... Either way the result is the same.
The RDS is a Holosun 507C and IMHO it really shines on a shotgun as it offers the Circle-Dot reticle... It's peanut butter and jelly.
In hindsight I may have went with one of the enclosed Holosuns if they had the Circle-Dot reticle but I didn't check because I wasn't even thinking about how they shared the Aimpoint footprint... D'oh.
Of course I would be very happy with a T1 but I didn't have the spare cash for one while I did have the spare 507C looking for a good home.

LHS
08-18-2020, 10:35 AM

The pics above are better than anything I could show, but lopping off the top half of the ghost ring does wonders for de-obstructing the dot if you don't have a perfect cheek weld. Dad loves that chopped rear (he calls it the 'Friendly Ghost'), but I have always preferred a normal ghost ring... until I got a CROM on an 870. The Haught mod is definitely a better choice for BUIS with a dot vs. a traditional GR for that reason alone.