PDA

View Full Version : Ayoob's MAG 40

oaharoni
03-12-2011, 10:32 PM
Was wondering if anyone took Massad Ayoob's MAG 40 course. I am thinking of taking it, but it would require some extensive traveling for me, so would like to get a few positive comments before I make my arrangements. From my reading he is THE EXPERT on use of lethal force by the armed civilian, and also an accomplished marksman. Anyway, any info would be appreciated.

Mitchell, Esq.
03-14-2011, 10:29 AM
I took the live fire portion, not the classroom portion - but even that had a large lecture component.

It's a lethal force management class, not a shooting class per-se.

It's 500 rounds over 2 days for the shooting, technique assistance and basically getting a person up to snuff on pistol for personal defense in those 2 days, with a good base to do other classes, and a firm grounding in when and why lethal force would be used.

I shot 294/300 on the test with a Glock 26 with with a NY-1/3.5 trigger setup. I'm still pissed about that, and next time I take the class I'm going to cheat.

I'm going to use the sights! :mad:

You may not agree with everything taught in the shooting or the classroom portion, but you will understand why it's taught, and how people who think they understand it got it wrong without the full information.

100% worth the time and money.

John Ralston
03-14-2011, 11:07 AM
Is this the LFI 1 class, just with a new name? If it is, I took the class (Lecture and Live Fire) and thought is was worth the money. The other nice part is that Ayoob will come to your aid in the event that you are involved in a shooting (and charged) and he deems that you were in the right. You get a bit of Investigative Work and an Expert Witness...all Pro Bono.

Mitchell, Esq.
03-14-2011, 11:14 AM
Ayoob is no longer with LFI, he started the Massad Ayoob Group for classes.

John Ralston
03-14-2011, 12:03 PM
Got it...Although I though he WAS LFI