PDA

View Full Version : LTT Beretta 92 Optimized Performance Trigger Bar

medmo
08-01-2019, 12:23 PM
Installed the new Langdon Tactical Tech performance trigger bar last week in my 92A1 and test fired successfully with 50 rounds this morning. I was short on time unfortunately. Two words, “FREAKING AMAZING.” The trigger reset is super short, audible, tactile and as good as or better than any other trigger I’ve stroked. I have the LTT Trigger Job in a Bag installed and am running a silicon 12# hammer spring in the 92A1. Not sure if that is accentuating the results of the new performance trigger bar or not. It’s a “game changer” for the 92 series trigger. The 92 series is a very mature product so it kind of leaves me scratching my head wondering why it took so long.

Anyone else try one out? Results?

Here’s a link showing the trigger reset with the new LTT bar:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0jDE6QAg2V/

JonInWA
08-01-2019, 01:49 PM
Just be aware that the benefits derived from the new optimized LTT bar apply to DA/SA 92s, not DAO ones, as the improved reset applies to the SA portion of the triggerpull; I've confirmed this in conversations with Aimee and Ernest.

DAO users like myself are well served by the existing Wilson Combat triggerbar, or by this one too-but this new one won't provide any functional/reset improvements for DAO users other than the improved finish options if desired.

Best, Jon

FreedomFries
08-01-2019, 03:10 PM
Installed the new Langdon Tactical Tech performance trigger bar last week in my 92A1 and test fired successfully with 50 rounds this morning. I was short on time unfortunately. Two words, “FREAKING AMAZING.” The trigger reset is super short, audible, tactile and as good as or better than any other trigger I’ve stroked. I have the LTT Trigger Job in a Bag installed and am running a silicon 12# hammer spring in the 92A1. Not sure if that is accentuating the results of the new performance trigger bar or not. It’s a “game changer” for the 92 series trigger. The 92 series is a very mature product so it kind of leaves me scratching my head wondering why it took so long.

Anyone else try one out? Results?

Here’s a link showing the trigger reset with the new LTT bar:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0jDE6QAg2V/

I have about 250 rounds through my LTT Elite w/ TJIAB using the new LTT trigger bar. No issues with install. Dropped right in. Mine is the Duralube finish version. No reliability issues so far. It is very similar to the Wilson trigger bar in feel. DA pull travel distance is very slightly increased over OEM. Overtravel is reduced. However, the reset is much shorter than the OEM and WC trigger bars. Overall, I think that this is probably a small upgrade from the Wilson trigger bar because of the slick Duralube finish and shorter reset.

AdioSS
08-02-2019, 12:10 AM
Just be aware that the benefits derived from the new optimized LTT bar apply to DA/SA 92s, not DAO ones, as the improved reset applies to the SA portion of the triggerpull; I've confirmed this in conversations with Aimee and Ernest.

DAO users like myself are well served by the existing Wilson Combat triggerbar, or by this one too-but this new one won't provide any functional/reset improvements for DAO users other than the improved finish options if desired.

Best, Jon

Come to think of it, considering how the short reset is achieved, using this bar on a DAO model could be a safety concern with hammer fallow.

beenalongtime
08-02-2019, 01:43 AM
LangdonTactical

Put one in my LTT Elite and no problem. Put one in my Wilson Centec and have the DA problem, if pulling to the left or pushing to the left (depending on which hand one shoots with).

Is there a grit you recommend to stone with? Is there a particular area of the overtravel stop, I should focus on?

beenalongtime
08-03-2019, 10:53 AM
LangdonTactical

Put one in my LTT Elite and no problem. Put one in my Wilson Centec and have the DA problem, if pulling to the left or pushing to the left (depending on which hand one shoots with).

Is there a grit you recommend to stone with? Is there a particular area of the overtravel stop, I should focus on?

More info.
I think I determined part or most of the issue. On the Wilson guns, there is a trigger stop. I took a 1000 grit diamond "stone" and took off a bit on the trigger bar, and it works. I can still get it to fail, by going slowly (and shooting like a lefty), but I have to try. I think with a normal or short reach trigger, without that stop, there wouldn't be an issue.

Going to check with a friend who swapped a SRT into his LTT Elite, due to fingers and see if he still has/will sell me that trigger. Then I will have to try both. Otherwise, this may end up with the SRT I have, just so the lefties in the family, don't have that issue.

CraigS
08-03-2019, 12:26 PM
Back in the day over travel was reduced by installing a Speed Bump trigger. You can see here the added nub which one would file or stone to get reduced over travel while still having gun that would fire.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48447047826_a0cc17dcd8_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2gP6Ms3)Speed Bump trigger (https://flic.kr/p/2gP6Ms3) by craig stuard (https://www.flickr.com/photos/152454123@N04/), on Flickr
I had this in my EII for many years until I installed my first LTT TJIB. This trigger combined w/ the Wilson trigger bar kept it from firing, so I quickly installed a stock Beretta OEM steel trigger. I guess I have been lucky in that I have installed TJIBs in both our EIIs, my M9A1, and my 92G and they have all been drop in installs. This week I installed an NP3 LTT bar in my M9A1 and a black LTT bar in my wife's EII. They have all been dropins also. Today, I shot a local IDPA match w/ the M9A1 w/ LTT bar and I am quite happy w/ it. The reset is much shorter than w/ the Wilson bar. I only shot 60 rnds testing it yesterday and I was actually concerned that I might have an AD just because I wasn't used to it. No problem at all. I can't measure it but I feel it has made it just a bit easier to make accurate shots.

Tim92G
08-03-2019, 09:35 PM
I received my LTT np3 optimized performance trigger bar today and just completed install it on my 92 elite LTT with trigger job and preformed the function check and it passed with flying colors.
Great single action reset

Number0neGun
08-04-2019, 05:40 AM
Mine shipped today, so I'm eager to try it out. I'll post results. Comes on Tuesday. My trigger set up is otherwise stock with a 16# WC hammer spring.

Btw, long time lurker, first time poster. Glad to be here.

medmo
08-05-2019, 09:33 AM
Mine shipped today, so I'm eager to try it out. I'll post results. Comes on Tuesday. My trigger set up is otherwise stock with a 16# WC hammer spring.

Btw, long time lurker, first time poster. Glad to be here.

Looking forward to seeing your results with a close to stock trigger.

Number0neGun
08-05-2019, 10:05 PM
I just got it installed. Easy process, but mine was one of the 10% that required fitting. 5 minutes with a stone, and some Cold Blue from Brownell's and it went right in.

All I can say is wow. The reset is awesome. I'll never short-stroke the trigger again, but beyond that.... it actually really improves the smoothness of the DA pull.

I can confirm that the firing pin block will not reactivate until you reset the trigger.

medmo
08-07-2019, 06:56 AM
I just got it installed. Easy process, but mine was one of the 10% that required fitting. 5 minutes with a stone, and some Cold Blue from Brownell's and it went right in.

All I can say is wow. The reset is awesome. I'll never short-stroke the trigger again, but beyond that.... it actually really improves the smoothness of the DA pull.

I can confirm that the firing pin block will not reactivate until you reset the trigger.

Since I was going from an LTT Trigger Job in a Bag trigger bar I didn’t see any changes in the DA smoothness, (it was already really super smooth/slick). It looks like changing to the optimized trigger bar with a stock trigger set up will smooth up the DA feel and give a “Wow” trigger reset. Makes sense.

beenalongtime
08-07-2019, 09:30 AM
Installed my third one in my second LTT Elite, using a 2mm wrench and a paperclip (to grab the spring) yesterday.
Ordered a standard, metal trigger, this morning for the Wilson one. Considered the SRT, but I think I would prefer to standardize across my 92's.

Number0neGun
08-07-2019, 11:54 PM
In my opinion, the Wilson trigger is hot garbage. It's sharp, and the break is too far rearwards. With standard grips, I literally can't get DA to drop sometimes, because the trigger release point is too close to the fame, and the trigger will be in the crook of my first knuckle. If that makes sense.

I went to the Beretta factory metal trigger today, and it's a significant improvement over the Wilson.

I quite like the plastic one, and it's a toss up between factory polymer coated, and factory steel.

I'd like to try the 92X aluminum straight-ish one.

Trooper224
08-08-2019, 12:04 PM
I've installed the LTT trigger bar on three 92s thus far. It dropped into the US made guns without issue, but required fitting in the Italian gun. Don't know if that means anything considering the small sample size.

Number0neGun
08-08-2019, 08:21 PM
I've installed the LTT trigger bar on three 92s thus far. It dropped into the US made guns without issue, but required fitting in the Italian gun. Don't know if that means anything considering the small sample size.

My 92FS that required fitting was an Italian gun.

Inkwell 41
08-16-2019, 08:48 PM
Got mine installed tonight. No issues. Very nice addition to any 92F/G!

Jeep
08-17-2019, 12:52 PM
Simple, no-fitting installation on my M9. The SA reset is now shorter than the reset on a SIG with a short reset, and about the same distance on a 1911. In addition, the DA is a bit smoother (and I already had installed a TJIAB).

This is a very nice piece of equipment. It isn't mandatory but very nice to have.

Forty years after its introduction, there is a real renaissance going on with Beretta 92's.

Trooper224
08-17-2019, 03:22 PM
Installation now complete on four 92s. The only one requiring fitting was an Italian pistol, drop in on the US made samples.

LSP552
08-17-2019, 03:31 PM
Is there any difference in the DA break point compared to the Wilson? The Wilson breaks f back than stock, wondering where LTT breaks?

Thanks

JonInWA
08-17-2019, 04:22 PM
Is there any difference in the DA break point compared to the Wilson? The Wilson breaks f back than stock, wondering where LTT breaks?

Thanks

When I spoke directly with Ernest Langdon comparing the WC triggerbar with the new Langdon Optimized, the main advantage to the Langdon Optimized is regarding the SA reset; other than finish options with the new ones, he didn't feel that there was a DA benefit to be derived for me with my DAO 92D with the new one.

Best, Jon

LSP552
08-17-2019, 04:26 PM
When I spoke directly with Ernest Langdon comparing the WC triggerbar with the new Langdon Optimized, the main advantage to the Langdon Optimized is regarding the SA reset; other than finish options with the new ones, he didn't feel that there was a DA benefit to be derived for me with my DAO 92D with the new one.

Best, Jon

Thanks Jon! I appreciate the advantages of the Wilson over the factory, but I really do prefer the factory break point over the further back Wilson.

newt
08-19-2019, 03:57 PM
Just dropped on into a Wilson Beretta 92G compact that I'd already installed the standard LTT TJIB on. no filing required. This is WAY better on the SA reset. +1 from me, and I'll be ordering another couple of them for my bigger berettas.

N

Manbearspider
08-19-2019, 04:55 PM
Adding in for more data points: got the OP trigger bar and it was a drop-in on my Elite LTT. Noticeable reduction on SA pull, overtravel stop is great (though I already had the LTT trigger job which had a Wilson bar with a similar stop, so I was used to that) DA felt similar to the previous trigger bar, though maybe a hair less smooth. But, thats against the custom polished trigger bar in a trigger job gun from LTT vs an out of the box, unmodified OP bar, so it's not all that fair. For an out of the box part, its ridiculous how much this part can change the character of a stock gun.

Casey
08-19-2019, 05:55 PM
I put a TJIAB with the new Optimized Trigger Bar into a commercial M9 over the weekend. Sadly, mine was not drop-in, but a tiny bit of filing and it was good to go. Put 450 rounds through her Saturday night without a single bobble. I have an LTT with the trigger job, as well, and I’d say the TJIAB easily gets the trigger to 80% of the LTT (though the LTT of course comes with a bunch of other benefits to warrant the cost). If you’re looking to breathe new life into a 92, this is a great way to do it.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img921/2998/P66zmx.jpg

LangdonTactical
08-22-2019, 07:07 PM
I put a TJIAB with the new Optimized Trigger Bar into a commercial M9 over the weekend. Sadly, mine was not drop-in, but a tiny bit of filing and it was good to go. Put 450 rounds through her Saturday night without a single bobble. I have an LTT with the trigger job, as well, and I’d say the TJIAB easily gets the trigger to 80% of the LTT (though the LTT of course comes with a bunch of other benefits to warrant the cost). If you’re looking to breathe new life into a 92, this is a great way to do it.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img921/2998/P66zmx.jpg

That's a damn good looking M9 right there :)

claymore504
08-23-2019, 07:14 AM
Still need to install my LTT trigger bar. Was going to put it in my Elite LTT, but thinking now it will go in my 92A1 or 92FS since they have stock triggers except for D springs. I think I will get the most performance improvement in one of those two guns over my Elite LTT with trigger job already done.

medmo
08-23-2019, 11:06 AM
Still need to install my LTT trigger bar. Was going to put it in my Elite LTT, but thinking now it will go in my 92A1 or 92FS since they have stock triggers except for D springs. I think I will get the most performance improvement in one of those two guns over my Elite LTT with trigger job already done.

I’d try it in the Elite LTT first so you can get the feel of a complete optimized 92 trigger. It’s a cake walk to swap it between pistols if you use a crochet needle to lift the spring.

beenalongtime
08-24-2019, 01:35 AM
I’d try it in the Elite LTT first so you can get the feel of a complete optimized 92 trigger. It’s a cake walk to swap it between pistols if you use a crochet needle to lift the spring.

And if you reuse the Wilson bar from the TJIAB in the other gun, it already has some polishing done on it and should be an improvement, while your Elite LTT becomes a holy mother gun.

CraigS
08-24-2019, 01:46 PM
For me the LTT break point is the same as the Wilson bar. I am curious why you don't like the new DA break point. I love it because it is the same as the SA point.

Sensei
08-29-2019, 10:28 PM
Has anyone tried them in the new 92X guns. I understand that there should theoretically be no issues. I’ve g it a 92X compact inbound that will needs some LTT upgrades.

gsxrorlando
08-30-2019, 01:13 PM
Has anyone tried them in the new 92X guns. I understand that there should theoretically be no issues. I’ve g it a 92X compact inbound that will needs some LTT upgrades.

I installed the LTT performance Trigger bar in my 92x fullsize, works great, no fitting required. Nice short reset.

gsxrorlando
08-31-2019, 07:54 AM

I installed the LTT performance trigger bar in my 92x fullsize. The trigger bar did not require any fitting. I also installed a 12lb hammer spring. I shot approximately 400 rounds of Blazer brass 124gr and 147gr without issues.

PGT
08-31-2019, 08:15 AM
I didn't take any glamour shots while out at the range but this is an LTT frame with Vertec Inox slide, LTT TJIAB with 11# springs and factory threaded barrel. Suppressor is a Liberty Centurion (short 9mm setup). My brother was in town from South America and took him out to the farm between Warrenton and Culpeper, VA to shoot my transferable FNC and Howa AR180. I had the 92 already packed up from a shoot the weekend before out in the Shenandoah so brought it along. He's not a shooter so we gave some instruction on proper grip on the Beretta and stayed close on the F/A work. He did great.

The 92 with LTT TJIAB and suppressor was flawless. This kit had been in an M9A1 frame and worked great there but it would not work in this LTT frame. I swapped it with a few others and DA was never reliable so clearly a tolerance stacking issue on this particular LTT frame. I emailed with Aimee and she mentioned Ernest's fitting video. I pulled the trigger bar and stoned it quite a bit to get DA reliable (travel wasn't enough to reliably drop the hammer). Over 200rds in this new LTT frame and now it's GTG.

https://i.imgur.com/R5CfcH1h.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/jeBXdxEh.jpg

I have an NP3 TJIAB kit for the LTT Elite I need to install. I do want to get the other parts done in NP3 but with Robar closing, not sure that will happen now.

https://i.imgur.com/jViN83Kh.jpg

JSGlock34
08-31-2019, 08:44 AM
PGT - awesome pictures, as usual.

With the 92X Performance coming out, could you share your shooting impressions of the 92 Stock and 92 Combats in your collection? Not much out there on the Beretta 92s with frame safeties from shooters - my impression is that collectors snapped these up and most are safe queens.

Apologies for the thread detour.

PGT
08-31-2019, 10:13 AM
I shot one of my two 92 Combats (it belonged to Ernest whom I purchased it from). It's what you'd expect...SAO, short reset and a place for your thumb on top of the safety. Nothing special IMHO beyond the limited quantities made and interesting barrel bushing design. I also had a 185mm Competition Kit that lengthened the sight radius. Same deal but a bit awkward to shoot (big/tall sights take some getting used to).

I'm down to one 92 Combat now (unfired), some Centennials, two 92 Stocks and one nickel frankengun of a 96 Stock lower with 92 Steel-I upper (my favorite to shoot).

It really comes down to what LTT has fixed with the trigger bar and TJIAB kits. One 92 Stock has supposedly been worked over by AAGW but while crisp, still has the typical DA/SA long pull. The Centennial triggers are TERRIBLE. SAO but big wall to pull through. Wilson Combat did a trigger job on one while there for straightening the dust cover (not just an action tune) and Josh @ AAGW did the other. No question....Josh's work was much better. Might need to just add the LTT trigger bar on the latter to see how I like it.

I have three Elite II's....9x19, 9x21 and 357SIG. I need to order some LTT kits for them.....triggers as provided by BUSA are bone stock 92, despite the special nature of those guns.

https://i.imgur.com/a4tEOHCh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/WbPGixJh.jpg

JSGlock34
08-31-2019, 01:55 PM
It really comes down to what LTT has fixed with the trigger bar and TJIAB kits. One 92 Stock has supposedly been worked over by AAGW but while crisp, still has the typical DA/SA long pull. The Centennial triggers are TERRIBLE. SAO but big wall to pull through. Wilson Combat did a trigger job on one while there for straightening the dust cover (not just an action tune) and Josh @ AAGW did the other. No question....Josh's work was much better. Might need to just add the LTT trigger bar on the latter to see how I like it.

Thanks for your thoughts. Where are you leaning on the 92X Performance? Part of me wants to give it a try, but the LTT trigger bar makes me wonder what I’d be getting out of it. On the other hand, given the rarity of frame mounted Berettas, the entry price is very reasonable.

PGT
08-31-2019, 03:12 PM
Beretta worked the pivot points for super short reset. I was going to put a deposit on one but really don't like the finish I see in pictures. I'll probably wait until maybe seeing one in person and trying the trigger. I have so many frame safety guns already and I never warmed to the Vertec grip angle.

einherjarvalk
09-02-2019, 04:51 PM
Has anyone had a chance to try both finishes on these side-by-side? With Robar scaling back their NP3 coatings, I'm trying to decide whether I should jump on one in NP3 now or if the Duralube finish is as good/better and something I can just snag later.

Sensei
10-19-2019, 01:37 AM
I installed one that came with a TJIAB in my 92X Compact and it would not cycle the trigger in DA or SA with the other TJIAB parts; it would drop the hammer in SA when paired with factory parts, but DA reset only occurred if I pushed the trigger all the way forward. Keep in mind, this gun went back to Beretta out of the box for a similar dead trigger with factory parts. It came back with no paperwork to describe what was fixed, but successfully cycled 100 rounds of AE with factory parts.

Since the 92X Compact had some issues out of the box, I really didn’t want to take a stone to the part. Thus, I simply swapped the Optimized Performance Trigger bar into 92A1 that already had a TJIAB, and it seems to cycle that trigger just fine. The 92X Compact with a TJIAB did fine when the standard trigger bar from the 92A1 was used. Thus, something about that particular Optimized Performance Trigger Bar didn’t like that particular 92X Beretta. I may by some more to see if I can find one that works in this gun’s TJIAB and put them in my other Berettas if they don’t work.

PGT
10-19-2019, 06:21 AM
I had the exact same issue with my TJIAB on an LTT frame. I had a second LTT frame to swap between and it worked fine in that. So, what you're seeing is tolerance stacking and how a generic trigger job can't be 100% perfect. With some feedback from LTT over email, I watched Ernie's video about how to stone the top of the hammer bar and mine's perfect now.

Coyote41
10-19-2019, 11:13 AM
Is the LTT trigger made from a factory trigger bar? If so does that make it USPSA production legal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sal Picante
10-19-2019, 12:22 PM
Is the LTT trigger made from a factory trigger bar? If so does that make it USPSA production legal?

This is a big question... There precedent in USPSA is that if the external portion of a "trigger" component matches the outward appearance of the OEM unit, it is generally ok. I think an LTT enhanced trigger bar would be ok for production. (In IPSC, it would be a no-go).

For more reading (I'm sorry to send you here, but it illustrates the confusing mess that production is in now...)
http://www.doodieproject.com/index.php?/topic/5408-dnroi-thinks-were-too-stupid-to-read-the-rulebook/

Sensei
10-20-2019, 08:01 PM
I had the exact same issue with my TJIAB on an LTT frame. I had a second LTT frame to swap between and it worked fine in that. So, what you're seeing is tolerance stacking and how a generic trigger job can't be 100% perfect. With some feedback from LTT over email, I watched Ernie's video about how to stone the top of the hammer bar and mine's perfect now.

I had a few extra minutes today and took the 92A1 with a TJIAB + Optimized Performance Trigger Bar to the range. It cycled 50 rounds oh Blazer Brass without issue. Reset is slightly longer than, but comparable to a SRT-equipped Sig.

Coyote41
10-20-2019, 10:32 PM
This is a big question... There precedent in USPSA is that if the external portion of a "trigger" component matches the outward appearance of the OEM unit, it is generally ok. I think an LTT enhanced trigger bar would be ok for production. (In IPSC, it would be a no-go).

For more reading (I'm sorry to send you here, but it illustrates the confusing mess that production is in now...)
http://www.doodieproject.com/index.php?/topic/5408-dnroi-thinks-were-too-stupid-to-read-the-rulebook/

Yeah. That doodie thread...I think I’m even more confused.

wtturn
10-20-2019, 11:08 PM

http://www.doodieproject.com/index.php?/topic/5408-dnroi-thinks-were-too-stupid-to-read-the-rulebook/All that went out the window with the 2019 rulebook revision.

All aftermarket triggers and trigger components are legal in production now.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Coyote41
10-21-2019, 07:02 AM
All that went out the window with the 2019 rulebook revision.

All aftermarket triggers and trigger components are legal in production now.

I did not see trigger bar listed, however.

wtturn
10-21-2019, 07:08 AM
I did not see trigger bar listed, however.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI think a fair argument puts trigger bars under "triggers" for the purposes of that rule.

If you're worried about it, send a quick email to DNROI to verify.

Coyote41
10-21-2019, 10:51 AM
Not much point to it right now. The 92X I planned on putting it on is still not on the production list. Also, I can’t even find a holster for it yet. JMCK is working on getting one available.

e_stern
10-21-2019, 11:01 AM
Not much point to it right now. The 92X I planned on putting it on is still not on the production list. Also, I can’t even find a holster for it yet. JMCK is working on getting one available.

Standard (non Performance) 92X Pistols fit in M9A3 holsters.

Coyote41
10-21-2019, 12:13 PM
Standard (non Performance) 92X Pistols fit in M9A3 holsters.

Really? The triggerguard is different than the M9A3 (round vs square).

e_stern
10-21-2019, 12:15 PM
Really? The triggerguard is different than the M9A3 (round vs square).

only the exterior. Interior is essentially the same and outer triggerguard is actually smaller than the A3. Every holster I've tried has worked fine.

Johnny Bravo
11-09-2019, 07:34 AM
I put one of these in my 92 Compact the other day.

It completely transformed the character of the gun.

Well worth the small investment in my opinion.

CraigS
11-09-2019, 08:26 AM
My experience is a rounded trigger guard gun will fit in a holster made for the square guard. You may need to adjust the tension screw slightly. The opposite does not work.

Shorikid
11-09-2019, 01:13 PM
My search skills are lacking. Has anyone combined either trigger bar with the short reach trigger? Any issues created with reset or pull? Asking for the short finger crew.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

JonInWA
11-09-2019, 01:20 PM
I believe you'll find that a better solution for short fingers and Beretta 92s is achieved with ultra-thin grips, as opposed to the short-reach trigger; apparently while it works, the geometry of the short-reach trigger is such that it provides less than stellar triggerpulls. I believe p-f member LadyLuck has/is running them, though, and seems to be pleased with them.

Best, Jon

Shorikid
11-09-2019, 07:07 PM
I believe you'll find that a better solution for short fingers and Beretta 92s is achieved with ultra-thin grips, as opposed to the short-reach trigger; apparently while it works, the geometry of the short-reach trigger is such that it provides less than stellar triggerpulls. I believe p-f member LadyLuck has/is running them, though, and seems to be pleased with them.

Best, JonThank you JonInWA. Thin grips are the plan for any Beretta pistol. I've shot 96s before with the standard plastic grips and managed, but having handled a Wilson BrigTac with thins, very much improved.

JonInWA
11-10-2019, 10:32 AM
Thank you JonInWA. Thin grips are the plan for any Beretta pistol. I've shot 96s before with the standard plastic grips and managed, but having handled a Wilson BrigTac with thins, very much improved.

My personal choice/recommendation is for Langdon LTT G10s, although the WC and VZ alternatives are also excellent (all three are made by VZ).

Best, Jon

https://i.imgur.com/XZpRGvel.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/j8fhcS2l.jpg

Shorikid
11-10-2019, 10:25 PM
Another option is the 92X the vertec frame is a game changer for me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TapatalkI have handled an A3 and like the grip, and the 92X compact maybe the ticket.

CraigS
11-11-2019, 08:47 AM
https://live.staticflickr.com/4889/46613846871_b21d98ae91_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2e279F2)LTT vs stock M9A1 (https://flic.kr/p/2e279F2) by craig stuard (https://www.flickr.com/photos/152454123@N04/), on Flickr

SeriousStudent
11-11-2019, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the photo, CraigS - that is very helpful.

JonInWA
10-05-2020, 01:56 PM
Come to think of it, considering how the short reset is achieved, using this bar on a DAO model could be a safety concern with hammer fallow.

As I recall, the reset advantage of the LTT/WC improved triggerbar affects only the SA, not the DA reset. Using the WC improved triggerbar on my 92D, the reset is unchanged from the OEM Beretta triggerbar. For a D action 92, the advantages in the LTT/WC triggerbar are in the improved geometry, facilitating a longer hammer stroke (which allows the use of lighter mainsprings), and the thorough-hardening, preventing degradation of the triggerpull over time and use.

As I understand it, the recent LTT improvements as applied to the D pistol are primarily to be found in their finish options, which are nice but not earth-shattering. Go for what you like, or whichever triggerbar option is the least expensive out of the LTT/WC improved triggerbar collection is my recommendation. I personally, after conversing with Ernest find any compelling reasons to switch out my "Gen 2" WC LTT-designed triggerbar for the "Gen 3" LTT variant on my 92D.

On a D model, I would pretty much expect the LTT/WC improved triggerbar to be a straight drop-in proposition, with no additional fitting needed.

Best, Jon