PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes luck is on your side

SecondsCount
07-26-2019, 07:48 AM
Tulsa robbery video (http://www.newson6.com/story/40835018/arrest-made-after-overnight-crime-spree)
I'm guessing the gear was a Taurus 24/7 with a Serpa setup in paddle config?

At least he was armed and willing to fight :cool:

HCountyGuy
07-26-2019, 08:21 AM
Video illustrates some good points:

- Open carry doesn’t deter all criminals
- Paddle holsters are bullshit (easy on/off of a holster is not a feature!!!)

As for the dipwad Zachariah Cook, it goes to show you can’t just shoot someone and claim “I feared for my life” and get away with it. The totality of the circumstances must support your claim, and I would guess they didn’t in his case. I wonder if the judge will toss it as the report guesses he might.

donlapalma
07-26-2019, 08:26 AM
Brings new meaning to "spray and pray."

wvincent
07-26-2019, 01:18 PM
Lucky that hose whipping around behind him didn't trigger a startle reflex when the cold water hit his ankle's.
Bang!
Whoops!

RevolverRob
07-26-2019, 01:28 PM

- Open carry doesn’t deter all criminals

I'm not sure they knew he was carrying a gun. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. But it didn't look like they did and from the angle it's possible they didn't realize it.

What I can for sure say is, the home owner's body language clearly demonstrated that there was going to be a fucking fight if they wanted it. He threw that hose down and went to get that gat when he knew it was time to do it. No hesitation, good for him. He who hesitates loses and yes, luck was on his side. But so was a firm decision to get it on.

Hopefully, the lesson of having to rip his own holster off the gun once "drawn" will stick and he'll acquire a better holster.

If you want a paddle, locking paddle is the way to go. The MSP from Kramer, which has an additional snap loop or the locking paddle type from Comp-Tac are both good versions.

ranger
07-27-2019, 10:41 AM
I was more focused on the perp just ambling away knowing that the homeowner could not shoot him.

JAD
07-27-2019, 12:30 PM
. The MSP from Kramer, which has an additional snap loop or the locking paddle type from Comp-Tac are both good versions.

I’ve worn both of those plus an aratoonian paddle. While i didn’t find that any of them conceal a gun worth a damn, the MSP is a phenomenally comfortable and reasonably elegant holster.

paherne
07-27-2019, 12:39 PM
Darryl's concept of the pajamas gun j-frame seems to be vindicated.

blues
07-27-2019, 12:46 PM
Darryl's concept of the pajamas gun j-frame seems to be vindicated.

Well sure, if you're gonna live the pajama gun lifestyle you gotta dress the part.

Fly or no fly?

https://youtu.be/HgRE6BPhN2I

0ddl0t
07-27-2019, 02:53 PM
As for the dipwad Zachariah Cook, it goes to show you can’t just shoot someone and claim “I feared for my life” and get away with it. The totality of the circumstances must support your claim, and I would guess they didn’t in his case. I wonder if the judge will toss it as the report guesses he might.

Was there another article that offered more details of his involvement? I thought he was arrested because he gave no statement. I probably wouldn't give a statement until consulting with a lawyer either...

Tabasco
07-27-2019, 07:23 PM

Safariland ALS paddle holsters are extremely hard to get off, I basically have to undo my pants and take off my belt to get the thing off. I appreciate that "feature" as I got a couple in the event I ever had to open carry. They do go on easy, which is nice.

Lost River
07-27-2019, 08:51 PM
Every open carry twit who claims it is such a huge deterrent should view this.

While I too am not 100% sure both of the hood rats knew (based on angle of approach) that he was armed, they surely were communicating. Once he went for his gun, the first hood rat who was armed had the drop on him big time, and could have dropped him like a bad habit, had they been a truly committed armed robbery crew. The homeowner is alive today purely due to luck and nothing else. Certainly not his skill at arms.

That said, I am sure he will be telling his grandchildren an entirely different version of the events..