PDA

View Full Version : The most gullible man in Cambridge (article)

LittleLebowski
07-24-2019, 05:59 AM
This one is weird. I got nothing.

https://www.thecut.com/2019/07/bruce-hay-paternity-trap-maria-pia-shuman-mischa-haider.html

Hambo
07-24-2019, 06:39 AM
I quit reading at "Hay has been legally divorced since 1999, but he lives with his ex-wife, Jennifer." Divorced for sixteen years but still living together tells me all I need to know.

LittleLebowski
07-24-2019, 06:54 AM
I quit reading at "Hay has been legally divorced since 1999, but he lives with his ex-wife, Jennifer." Divorced for sixteen years but still living together tells me all I need to know.

Oh, it gets a lot worse :D

45dotACP
07-24-2019, 07:35 AM
Damn...guy teaches classes on human judgement

Talk about all the theory and none of the practice.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

5pins
07-24-2019, 07:45 AM
That was one of the strangest things I have read in a long time.

BehindBlueI's
07-24-2019, 07:49 AM
Alternate headline: Nerd Gets Laid Then Played

UNM1136
07-24-2019, 11:58 AM
WOW. Dude is a tool, and despite his education and position could not notice the failure of the sniff test.

Very much wanted to stop reading. It was like a train wreck. What else is coming that he couldn't/wouldn'tsee?

Gender affirmation surgery? That is a new one.

pat

Cookie Monster
07-24-2019, 12:11 PM
We are all broken people.

But fuck why would you go along with a big news article about how you are such a confused fuck up?

I was only able to scan the article, it was too much.

LittleLebowski
07-24-2019, 12:42 PM
We are all broken people.

But fuck why would you go along with a big news article about how you are such a confused fuck up?

I was only able to scan the article, it was too much.

Dude is desperate for help to fight the Title 9 complaint.

TheRoland
07-24-2019, 12:52 PM
Con men, or con women, are among the worst scrum alive. Outside of scams that prey on people's greed, taking advantage of people's kindness, desire for connection, credulousness and trust for others is, in my opinion, worse than just sticking a gun in their face.

I'm sure there's some schadenfreude in the angle that Professor Hay here is on a pinnacle of wokeness and that's what was leveraged here. But scammers are the scum of the earth.

okie john
07-24-2019, 01:06 PM
I'm sure there's some schadenfreude in the angle that Professor Hay here is on a pinnacle of wokeness and that's what was leveraged here.

Yep. The perp claimed to hate the patriarchy but victimized the men who would be the most helpful in changing it.

A pox on all of their houses.

Okie John

45dotACP
07-24-2019, 01:08 PM
Honestly...This is just evolution and cautionary tale at this point.

If you're in your 50s, look like him, and someone in their thirties is actively trying to sleep with you, then perhaps you're too dumb, too vain and lack the self control not to be devoured by the hyenas out there.

There are some weird creatures out there and he would not be the first man felled by the error of following his penis down the wrong road.

Baldanders
07-24-2019, 03:28 PM
This one is weird. I got nothing.

https://www.thecut.com/2019/07/bruce-hay-paternity-trap-maria-pia-shuman-mischa-haider.html

Bizzare. Me neither.

trailrunner
07-24-2019, 03:49 PM
Attractive woman bumps into man at hardware store on a Saturday morning, and the second thing she says to him is "you are attractive."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IPPn9t6dyE

P.S. I'm glad I live a boring, uncomplicated life.

feudist
07-24-2019, 03:57 PM
The first words out of his ex-wife's mouth when about the pregnancy is "How do you know it's yours?"

#believetheWomyn (https://pistol-forum.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=believetheWomyn)

Darth_Uno
07-24-2019, 04:09 PM
This is why when random women at the hardware store tell me I’m attractive, I’m immediately skeptical. Actually that never happens, but if it did, I’d be very skeptical.

I quit the article halfway through, then went back to see how it played out. It’s that messed up. Feelin’ pretty good about my own life right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totem Polar
07-24-2019, 04:17 PM
Just another day in academia. I’ve seen weirder.

#dontputyourdickincrazy

45dotACP
07-24-2019, 04:35 PM
Perhaps what most interests me about this is how was he selected?

I've got to think he was scouted out to some degree so that it was known that he had belongings/property worth taking and that his personality was such that he could be manipulated easily into a position from which he could then be legally dominated.

mtnbkr
07-24-2019, 05:03 PM
Perhaps what most interests me about this is how was he selected?

I've got to think he was scouted out to some degree so that it was known that he had belongings/property worth taking and that his personality was such that he could be manipulated easily into a position from which he could then be legally dominated.

I agree, it seemed a bit too orchestrated.

Chris

Hambo
07-24-2019, 06:40 PM
This is why when random women at the hardware store tell me I’m attractive, I’m immediately skeptical.

I usually go with this:

Sandy: I'm old enough to do a lot of things.

Jack Reacher: I'm on a budget, Sandy.

Sandy: [perplexed] What?

Jack Reacher: I can't afford you.

Sandy: I'm not a hooker.

Jack Reacher: Oh, then I *really* can't afford you.

Hambo
07-24-2019, 06:48 PM
So I read more of the article, and this guy needs to live in a group home. Actually, that's an insult to people who need to live in group homes. He needs 24 hour help and a lot more psych meds. At one point he seriously thought that they could all live together: him, ex-wife, kids, two lesbians, and it would be like the Brady Bunch. WTMF, bro?

Most men are happy living with one woman who can tolerate them, not three who aren't that into him.

Thanks, LittleLebowski, for that slice of whatthefuckever.

45dotACP
07-25-2019, 12:25 PM
I usually go with this:

Haha I thought of exactly this quote when I read the story.

RevolverRob
07-25-2019, 12:48 PM
Just another day in academia. I’ve seen weirder.

#dontputyourdickincrazy

Dude, I apparently have things to look forward to in the future. Because I haven't seen anything that bizarro, yet.

I guess I've just seen the typical. Grad Student A, Sleeps with Professor B, Professor B has to get divorced and then married Grad Student A. Followed by a rinse and repeat, until Professor B is Associate Dean and has five ex-wives, four of which were his grad students, and the other he went to grad school with.

This is why I tell my students to not date academics. And to not date their colleagues. And not not shit where they eat. But nerds who aren't very good at dating, end up dating each other quite frequently...

When I was a single man, I had a very clear policy about who I could and could not date. Rule one, if the same person signed our paychecks, we could not date. Rule two, if I might see that individual anywhere in a professional setting after we broke up, we could not date.

Has easily saved me years of anguish. It definitely also cost me some fun times with gorgeous ladies, still worth it.

I usually go with this:

This...^^^

mmc45414
07-25-2019, 04:28 PM
It is:
Ep. 825 - Mueller: Endgame

The commentary about this starts at about 54:40 on the podcast I listened to.

Totem Polar
07-25-2019, 07:41 PM
Dude, I apparently have things to look forward to in the future. Because I haven't seen anything that bizarro, yet.

You’d be amazed. Maybe sometime I’ll bullet point a list of the dysfunctional/predatory/just plain stupid shit
I’ve seen over in coterie. Or not, because, it’ll just make me angry all over again. :)

RevolverRob
07-25-2019, 08:10 PM
You’d be amazed. Maybe sometime I’ll bullet point a list of the dysfunctional/predatory/just plain stupid shit
I’ve seen over in coterie. Or not, because, it’ll just make me angry all over again. :)

Probably best to avoid putting it in writing, but over beer sometime in the future.

Totem Polar
07-25-2019, 09:28 PM
Probably best to avoid putting it in writing, but over beer sometime in the future.

Yeah. You’re on. Although plenty of it already is in writing: minutes, disciplinary actions, grievances, deportations, firings, divorces, lawsuits, title IX investigations, fraudulent resumes, aliases... the list goes on. The entire PacNW arts scene knows some of it; it’s the stuff of legend, and not in the good way. I’ve seen some shit, and it’s made me dislike people until they prove otherwise reliable. :D

Joe in PNG
07-25-2019, 09:35 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the dude trumpeted his Wokeish Superiority (and serious vulnerability) via various social media, and let the predators know he was a seriously easy mark.

Poconnor
07-29-2019, 12:07 PM
Even big brain guys think with the small head. I’ve seen more than a few older lonely guys with money that tried to “help” a prostitute and got in way over their head and called the police. It’s always fun to call the hooker up and tell her to return the gifts. Then there are the guys that get assaulted by the hookers “boyfriend”. We had one guy beat so bad he had brain damage and couldn’t identify his attackers. The prostitute alleged that he liked both sexes underage so she wasn’t surprised he got beaten. She said she had no idea who did it; but we had a good circumstantial case of the guys from cell calls and toll photos from that day.

O4L
07-29-2019, 03:56 PM
In my opinion these two excerpts from the article explain it all.

Hay says Shuman once told him they’d targeted him for signing an open letter in late 2014 calling for more due process in Harvard’s Title IX proceedings.

"...Oh and as to your quest for motives? Don’t bother. I just really hate the patriarchy, that’s it.”

Bergeron
07-30-2019, 06:00 AM
Yeah, this guy was certainly targeted and analyzed before that first contact.

I have been holding off readingbthat article, but just wow, what a mess. If no children had been in the story, then it would have been funny, but that guy’s kids, and the kids of that one woman are the innocents who I pity.

Who in the hell stays living with their ex after a divorce, then fathers additional children with said ex, and then picks up women for random hookups. As a divorcee, my mind is boggled.

Oh, and our trans-villainess turning out to be a total non-hacker in the physics grad program, despite all the comments of “brilliance” was my favorite, and least surprising part.

Maple Syrup Actual
07-30-2019, 12:06 PM

That was very much my reaction. This guy is running around waving a giant "sucker" flag and this incident is really just a faster, rougher version of his ex-wife's "we're divorced but you can live here unless you want to date another person and then this is my house because I don't want to have sex with you or anything but I definitely need you to be subservient to my needs."

Sad that he got ripped off again but apparently he doesn't see the pattern.

RevolverRob
07-31-2019, 08:52 AM
I sent this to my wife to read, out of curiosity for her response. She got a quarter of the way through it and said, "I'm done with this stupid shit. It's just a Hahhvahd version of a Maury Povich show, but without the entertainment of Maury."

We both agreed that this story reminded us of our old roommate, who got married to a woman, who had previously been married to a woman. During their marriage his wife got pregnant three times and had miscarriages each time...they kept trying but nothing happened. Finally he goes to the doc and the doc says, "Man, you're shootin' blanks. You're as sterile as they come. And you probably have been your whole life."

When we tried to explain to him, that one person shooting blanks doesn't knock up another person three times...the memo didn't get through. When he "talked to her about it" her response, "They were 'hysterical' miscarriages." She wanted to be knocked up so bad, that her body believed she was...but then she had a miscarriage. It didn't matter that later we figured out she had a side piece who looked almost exactly like the roommate...:rolleyes:

Fortunately, she decided she had to have a baby and divorced him to move in with another dude and his girlfriend. Last I heard, she still hasn't been able to carry a kid to term. Thank goodness...

She also hates the patriarchy.

TheRoland
08-09-2019, 09:02 AM
A follow up story, where the reporter was able to find other potential victims: https://www.thecut.com/2019/08/bruce-hay-paternity-trap-maria-pia-shuman-mischa-haider-follow-up.html

Scammers are scum.

RevolverRob
08-09-2019, 09:27 AM
A follow up story, where the reporter was able to find other potential victims: https://www.thecut.com/2019/08/bruce-hay-paternity-trap-maria-pia-shuman-mischa-haider-follow-up.html

Scammers are scum.

The plot thickens. They were building up to a big scam this whole time.

First they tried to target young guys, grad students, law students, etc. Guys with bright financial futures that they could hook into with a baby. But young guys, those who date regularly, are wary of such traps. Guys like this are also 'predators' who ambitiously chase goals, dreams, and sometimes women. They see the signs. You don't see one lion ambush another in the wild...they are too keen. - As a result they got caught and exposed.

So they changed their target selection. Older guys, middle-aged guys with paunches and bald spots, that stare at the ground as they walk. Guys who express their support of things they don't understand to feel young and relevant. Guys who are prey. And it worked much better.

The leopard doesn't change its spots, it just changes how it hunts.

These guys were predators all along, it wouldn't surprise me to learn all of the kids they have are from scams like this. Haider seems like the mastermind behind this and I forget, I think there was another woman involved in the original story? I bet Haider is using both women to run scams like this if so.

And their motivations - greed and hate.

RJ
08-09-2019, 09:48 AM
Uh pretty sure this is not much more than another story of a man being led around by that little guy down there.

“You are attractive”?

Pfft. Get real. I ever heard that from a random lady 20 years my junior I’d run away so fast it’d make your head spin.

RevolverRob
08-09-2019, 10:33 AM
Uh pretty sure this is not much more than another story of a man being led around by that little guy down there.

“You are attractive”?

Pfft. Get real. I ever heard that from a random lady 20 years my junior I’d run away so fast it’d make your head spin.

It's true.

It's clear that these women were targeting people to scam and defraud them. The trouble is, it's a good old fashioned scam, because they targeted the thing that gets most men in trouble, their dick.

If I had a nickle for every guy who was scammed by a moderately attractive woman, I could retire and buy my own country.