PDA

View Full Version : Stay alert!

Shellback
04-05-2012, 12:23 PM
Another example of staying alert and using your situational awareness. Officer is the guy on the far right wearing a grey hoodie. COM shot from approximately 6 feet does not instantly kill the bad guy.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=347_1333565286&fb

bdcheung
04-05-2012, 12:53 PM
Guy went down with one shot.

Must have been a .45

On a more serious note, it's scary how calm that cop appears to remain. I also noted how close to his own body the cop kept his firearm after shooting.

did the BG even have a gun?

Shellback
04-05-2012, 01:26 PM
On a more serious note, it's scary how calm that cop appears to remain. I also noted how close to his own body the cop kept his firearm after shooting.

Hard to say from that angle. His right hand flies back out of camera range when he falls and my guess is that the gun would've been dropped and gone in that direction.

iakdrago
04-05-2012, 01:31 PM
Guy went down with one shot.

Yup, you can see it fly out of his hands as he falls. At least you can see something resembling the shape of the gun--i mean it's black...

bdcheung
04-05-2012, 01:32 PM
I thought that was the sandal that was on his left foot. (or right foot? since the video looks horizontally transposed?)

RoyGBiv
04-05-2012, 01:38 PM
That LEO was a cool cucumber..
The other customer that was downrange of the bullet probably ran home to clean his shorts. :D

Videos like this always bring this Queen song to mind..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE

iakdrago
04-05-2012, 01:48 PM
I thought that was the sandal that was on his left foot. (or right foot? since the video looks horizontally transposed?)

you are right, i need to get out my "i spy" books.... Upon re-watching the video, it's very unclear as to what the BG actually did... It looks like he takes out something out of his pocket , put a plastic bag on the counter, step back, and get shot as he turned around.

After re-watching the segment many times there does appear to be a "nickle plated" gun in his left hand after he takes it out of the pocket.

jetfire
04-05-2012, 01:59 PM
Brazilian ROE: "Shoot first, there might be some questions later but honestly that seems like a lot of work."

MD7305
04-05-2012, 03:40 PM
It appears that post-shooting the LEO approaches, puts his right foot on an object, and slides it toward the counter. I assumed that was the weapon but it's difficult to make out exactly what it is in the video.

DannyZRC
04-05-2012, 04:22 PM
after he puts the sack on the counter, you can see there is something in his left hand, and then later the cop slides something on the perp's left under the perp's body using cop's foot.

LHS
04-06-2012, 01:44 AM
It looks like the perp might have a weapon of some kind in his left hand as he enters the store.

Note the bystander in the green shirt. He calmly collects his change, pats the cop on the shoulder as if to say "nice shot", and vamooses.

JodyH
04-06-2012, 10:42 PM
Brazil.
They probably won't even write up a report.
Life is CHEAP down there.

Serenity
04-08-2012, 12:22 PM
I had to watch it again just to watch the green shirt guy. what the heck was he gathering off the counter that was more interesting than a guy getting shot? :confused: