PDA

View Full Version : Metaphor for life

RevolverRob
07-18-2019, 01:50 PM
I'm working on some paper revisions, due in a few days. I have been busily rewriting code a co-author originally wrote, because that co-author decided to just quit on us. This afternoon I got jump up and down excited, because I managed to advance from one error I had been stuck on since yesterday afternoon, to a new distinct error in the code.

And I thought, "Wow, what a metaphor for life - slow incremental advancement from one error to another."

There ya go, Life is just slow incremental advancement from one error to another. So slow that you are excited by moving between mistakes.

Darth_Uno
07-18-2019, 04:48 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190718/9b587054307e522fb348071ca78ed7e2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drang
07-18-2019, 04:53 PM
There ya go, Life is just slow incremental advancement from one error to another.

nycnoob
07-18-2019, 08:27 PM
I remember once rock climbing and thinking that its the imperfections that give you the hand holds.
If life were without error then it would not be at all clear where to attack it and how to begin.

Maple Syrup Actual
07-19-2019, 09:36 AM
If you put something on a T-shirt, it should be your comment about how we struggle to find meaning in life because we no longer struggle to live.

I mentioned it to my wife and it has become her mantra.

But this is also good, I just wanted to mention your past successful pithiness as well.

RevolverRob
07-19-2019, 11:46 AM
If you put something on a T-shirt, it should be your comment about how we struggle to find meaning in life because we no longer struggle to live.

I mentioned it to my wife and it has become her mantra.

But this is also good, I just wanted to mention your past successful pithiness as well.

I've been having a pretty great week overall.

This made it awesome.

Maple Syrup Actual
07-20-2019, 04:41 PM
Well, not to swell your head too much but it made her list of embroidery projects. She has this thing about embroidering non-embroidery type stuff on flowery, granny-looking needlepoint crafts. Like a doily that says "There is no Dana; there is only Zuul." Or one year she knitted my dad a pair of gloves that said "HUNT" and "FISH" on the knuckles, like tattoos.

So I guess I'll have to get your full name at some point between it's going up on the wall.

GyroF-16
07-20-2019, 10:37 PM
“we struggle to find meaning in life because we no longer struggle to live”

RR-
I evidently missed when you posted this (or it was somewhere in the 3rd paragraph of a 6-paragraph post and I lost interest :D)

But seriously- I really like that one.

Clark Jackson
07-21-2019, 02:59 PM
RR-
I evidently missed when you posted this (or it was somewhere in the 3rd paragraph of a 6-paragraph post and I lost interest :D)

But seriously- I really like that one.6+ paragraph posts are where the magic happens. :)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk