PDA

View Full Version : Who has a contact at S&W?

Mitchell, Esq.
04-04-2012, 08:40 PM
My S&W M-49 has finally died for the 2nd time.

Hammer will not draw back when the trigger is pulled, trigger will not reset and cylinder will not lock unless the gun is manually cocked to single action.

The 1000 days of dryfire (instituted by Claude Werner @ TPI) has taken it's toll on my revolver.

Again.

Now, one of you people has to know someone as Smith & Wesson, because it's a 1987 gun and that lifetime warranty didn't begin till 1989...so someone hook me up with the guy you know at the factory, and get me taken care of.

Tamara
04-05-2012, 06:09 AM
Now, one of you people has to know someone as Smith & Wesson, because it's a 1987 gun and that lifetime warranty didn't begin till 1989...so someone hook me up with the guy you know at the factory, and get me taken care of.

I don't think you'll need a hookup for that. I've seen 'em make good on resolvers a lot older than yours. They may try to offer to replace it with a newer gun, though...

Mitchell, Esq.
04-05-2012, 09:23 AM
I don't think you'll need a hookup for that. I've seen 'em make good on resolvers a lot older than yours. They may try to offer to replace it with a newer gun, though...

They already told me to politely get lost at the CS level.

Tamara
04-05-2012, 10:33 AM
They already told me to politely get lost at the CS level.

Ah. That's different then. They've had this one back once already, I take it?