PDA

View Full Version : Get the slide Milled or MOS?

Street Survival
07-18-2019, 08:09 AM
Gentlemen,

I am thinking about taking the plunge into the world of RDS on my Glock 45. Which is the preferred method, get the slide milled for an RMR or go with the Glock 45 MOS? Do I need a sealing plate and new screws? How about sights, what's the best way to go? If anyone could share their Cliff Notes, best places to get the work done and tips I will be eternally greatful. Thank You in advance.

Fraternally yours

Jimmy

Sharkbite
07-18-2019, 08:12 AM
Buy a complete slide with a match barrel from Suarez International. They pioneered the RMRd pistol and their gear is professional grade.

BigT
07-18-2019, 08:16 AM
I've got a couple MOS guns. I've had no issues as with them, I have made sure to follow the mounting instructions. Hand tighten the screws, loctite,(though the Vibratite is apparently better) after thorough degreasing, and then leave it 24 hours to set.

1Rangemaster
07-18-2019, 08:43 AM
IMHO, the MOS is the way to go if there is any thought of mounting a different manufacturers sight. If one is absolutely committed to the Trijicon RMR, then direct milling can be considered. Mark Housel did one for me years ago, and it was first rate. Precision Machine has a good reputation.
The dilemma is the field of sights is not settled. I have an Aimpoint ACRO I am partial to, but it is maintenance intensive-change battery monthly. I also have a G45MOS with a Trijicon RMR mounted. Different sight “footprints”, so different plates. The C&H Precision mounting plate is quite impressive for the RMR.
Bottom line, for me, MOS. I’ve had good luck with “Vibra-Tite” for mounting-follow the directions.
Best of luck; I think you’ll appreciate the dot sights if you commit and practice.

Lon
07-18-2019, 10:33 AM
Mine are all direct milled. 2 for an RMR footprint (1 RMR and 1 Holosun) and a Shield footprint on my PPSM2.