PDA

View Full Version : Hope all of our PT/F folks in Texas are safe...

BaiHu
04-03-2012, 06:50 PM
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/03/11003782-tremendous-damage-as-twisters-tear-through-areas-near-dallas

SeriousStudent
04-03-2012, 09:56 PM
Thanks for your thoughts.

It got a little exciting. Multiple tornadoes happening across a very wide area. Arlington was hit pretty hard. There are some scattered reports of looting in Lancaster. But honestly, this being Texas, I'm not really worried about looters. That tends to be very isolated. Most of the felons have more sense, considering the response they will get.

At work we went into the basement for a couple of hours. Not a big deal, I've got a lab down there with a coffee pot. Plus our basement is probably a half-million square feet, with a 24" slab. It's designed to withstand an F5 tornado.

Any prayers are helpful and accepted. It will take a while to tally up the damages. I have not heard of any fatalities yet, we are very grateful for that.

BaiHu
04-03-2012, 10:28 PM
Thanks for your thoughts.

It got a little exciting. Multiple tornadoes happening across a very wide area. Arlington was hit pretty hard. There are some scattered reports of looting in Lancaster. But honestly, this being Texas, I'm not really worried about looters. That tends to be very isolated. Most of the felons have more sense, considering the response they will get.

At work we went into the basement for a couple of hours. Not a big deal, I've got a lab down there with a coffee pot. Plus our basement is probably a half-million square feet, with a 24" slab. It's designed to withstand an F5 tornado.

Any prayers are helpful and accepted. It will take a while to tally up the damages. I have not heard of any fatalities yet, we are very grateful for that.

Good to hear some good news from someone 'on the ground'. Stay safe and good luck in the after math.

NickA
04-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Amazingly no deaths, thank goodness. The video of tractor trailers being flung around like toys was just... Wow. Those things weigh about 14000 pounds BTW.
Glad all are safe and hope the cleanup goes well and quickly.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

JeffJ
04-04-2012, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the kind thoughts - I had a pretty stressful afternoon as I watched the radar, a big echo hook was going right at my wife's school and at my inlaws house where the kiddo was. Fortunately all was well. Looks like there will be quite a bit of cleanup, and our office - which deals with cost issues of rebulding and repairing damaged commercial structures is already getting calls.

NETim
04-04-2012, 01:01 PM
Amazingly no deaths, thank goodness. The video of tractor trailers being flung around like toys was just... Wow. Those things weigh about 14000 pounds BTW.
Glad all are safe and hope the cleanup goes well and quickly.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

But ya know, I once saw a documentary where people in a Dodge pickup were quite safe while cows and semi-trucks were flying by. :)

Glad to hear no one was killed. What a mess!! :(

GJM
04-04-2012, 07:52 PM
We were supposed to fly from CO to the DFW area yesterday afternoon, for helicopter recurrent training, but elected to delay our trip until this morning to avoid the weather. I understand American Airlines suffered significant hail damage to many aircraft at DFW, although here is no sign of damage today at Alliance Fort Worth Airport, just a few miles away.