PDA

View Full Version : Dealership - Buy a truck and get a bible, shotgun, American flag

Old Man Winter
06-27-2019, 09:53 AM
Alabama Ford dealer is running a 4th of July sale where you get a bible, shotgun, and American flag when you buy a truck. I love this! It also reminds me of the bank that rewarded you with a Weatherby rifle if you opened up a CD.

http://www.fox13news.com/trending/alabama-dealership-offers-bible-shotgun-and-american-flag-with-every-car-purchase

Clusterfrack
06-27-2019, 02:30 PM
Well, it does make a statement.

Flag: I’ll take it, thanks! And just in time for the 4th.

Cheap shotgun: No room in my gun safe, but I appreciate the offer.

Bible: Hmm. Why would you assume I would want that?

TDA
06-27-2019, 02:40 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/auto/ford-asks-dealer-to-end-free-shotgun-promotion-after-fatal-shooting-at-california-store.amp

That was quick.

eb07
06-27-2019, 02:50 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/auto/ford-asks-dealer-to-end-free-shotgun-promotion-after-fatal-shooting-at-california-store.amp

That was quick.

As a society we capitulate so quick to the lowest common denominator. By that logic, they should stop selling trucks too because someone died because of a drunk driver in a ford.

hufnagel
06-27-2019, 03:37 PM
Ford Mustangs kill people. :D

camsdaddy
06-27-2019, 04:33 PM

Flag: I’ll take it, thanks! And just in time for the 4th.

Cheap shotgun: No room in my gun safe, but I appreciate the offer.

I read an interview that they were simply reaching out to their local market. The promotion became way larger than they imagined. They had calls from out of state and were overwhelmed. The manager said he would also provide a Quran or Bible of translation or other religious book of choice. I would assume none would be a valid choice as well. The guy even said some "asked for a different flag" I don't know if they wanted Gadsden, confederate or what but the dealer said he would give them an Amazon credit for the purchase. I think they were trying hard to have a cool promotion while remaining inclusive.

Old Man Winter
06-27-2019, 05:19 PM
Ford better not slide too far down that slope. As a company there existence is tied directly to truck sales. I'm confident the god, guns, 'merica crowd is buying more Ford trucks than the SJW crowd.

wsr
06-27-2019, 05:28 PM

Probably because they are a small town in Alabama, which means the vast majority of their customers are church-going Christians

Makes perfect sense

Willard
06-27-2019, 09:51 PM
Ford better not slide too far down that slope. As a company there existence is tied directly to truck sales. I'm confident the god, guns, 'merica crowd is buying more Ford trucks than the SJW crowd.

Ford just insured my next truck will be a Toyota or a Nissan. Have a standing boycott on Chevy and Dodge following bailout, and didn't really want to write a check to DNC via the UAW anyway, so I appreciate the reassurance that they don't need my business.

Darth_Uno
06-28-2019, 07:47 AM
I know Ford has an interest in protecting their brand from negative press. And you know that a lot of people aren't going to make a distinction between Ford and the dealership. If you don't believe me, go on Facebook and see for yourself. Not that most of the online complainers are likely in the market for a new vehicle.

But if anyone has a problem with the deal being offered, it should be with the dealership and not Ford itself. If you buy, for example, a Dewalt drill, you're not buying directly from Dewalt. You're buying it from Lowes, or Home Depot, or Jim-bob's Hardware. If Jim-bob offers a free Nazi flag with every drill, take it up with Jim-bob. Not Dewalt.