PDA

View Full Version : Glock 43x: Good/Bad/Indifferent?

cclark
06-25-2019, 11:19 AM
I’ve been carrying a Glock 19 for the past 5 years, AIWB, 3 O’Clock, and 4 O’Clock with appendix being my preferred method. I’ve used a variety of holsters to carry the pistol and I ended up using a Blade-Tech Klipt the majority of the time due to how low it sits on my waistline. It conceals extremely well but presents an issue when getting a full firing grip each and every time. I started flipping the grip up a bit before getting a grip and once I was warmed up it didn’t seem to slow down my draw stroke. That being said I’ve always looked for a pistol/aiwb holster combo that would sit high enough to get a full grip every time and still conceal well.

I picked up a 43x last week and an aiwb holster from Fieldcraft Survival (if you haven’t used their holster I recommend trying one) and spent Sunday at the range testing it out. I’m by no means an expert pistol shot but I’m working hard to become as proficient as I can possibly be. The 43x shot better than I expected and it carries like a dream. I was just as fast up close as I am with the 19. Shots at distance weren’t terrible but follow ups were slightly slower. I still have a lot of work to do as a shooter but overall I shot it well enough for me to consider it good for carry. No malfunctions. I put around 200 rounds through it so it needs another range session or two to prove itself reliable. It shot POA/POI with 124 gr. GECO so I’ll be testing 124gr HST to see where I’m at.

The Fieldcraft Survival holster allows the pistol to ride high enough to get a solid grip every time and the 43x is thin enough to conceal. I’ve dressed around the 19 for years so the thinner 43x just conceals a little bit better.. The weight is also a plus compared to carrying the 19 + and extra mag or two. Overall I really enjoy this set up. Looking for a sights for the pistol now and deciding between Hacks or CAPS.

The only downside so far is the slide bite I received on the bottom knuckle of my strong hand thumb. Cut me up pretty good. I need to work on it resting/grabbing my support hand rather than riding along the frame/slide. This isn't a deal breaker for me just need some practice. In the event I have to use it on the street I wont be worried about slide bite.

I’d like to know your experiences with the pistol and how it’s shot/carried for you. I hear a lot of negative opinions which are generally theoretical, however in practice I think this pistol has a lot going for it. I would also like to know what sights you have found to shoot POA/POI.

cclark

CWM11B
06-25-2019, 11:45 AM
https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?34868-Glock-43X-48-Range-reports

cclark
06-25-2019, 12:58 PM
https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?34868-Glock-43X-48-Range-reports

Thanks

JHC
06-25-2019, 01:03 PM
Thanks

I've posted a lot in that thread. The 43X is all I've carried for a couple months now. Too easy. Carries easy and punches over it's weight in the shooting IMO.

cclark
06-25-2019, 01:57 PM
I've posted a lot in that thread. The 43X is all I've carried for a couple months now. Too easy. Carries easy and punches over it's weight in the shooting IMO.

Good to know JHC. Checking the thread out now.

richiecotite
06-26-2019, 07:07 AM
When I first shot the slims, the slide would bite me too (like every other Glock without a GFA).

In the other thread, someone posted a tip to rotate your hand into the gun a little, that cleared it up for me. Hadn’t been bitten in he last 800 or so rounds between the 2 guns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cclark
06-26-2019, 08:18 AM
When I first shot the slims, the slide would bite me too (like every other Glock without a GFA).

In the other thread, someone posted a tip to rotate your hand into the gun a little, that cleared it up for me. Hadn’t been bitten in he last 800 or so rounds between the 2 guns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip man. I wish they would make a 43x GFA. It’s not required for me on my 19 but I’ve had it on there for a few years now and like it.