PDA

View Full Version : Ops Inc....?

Dan_S
06-20-2019, 04:08 PM
Trying to satisfy my curiosity here... was ops inc bought out...?

These appear to be the same design, under a different name...?

http://aesuppressors.com/about/

LittleLebowski
06-20-2019, 05:35 PM
Same designer, same cans, different company. Those cans are definitely not my cup of tea.

Dan_S
06-20-2019, 05:50 PM
Same designer, same cans, different company. Those cans are definitely not my cup of tea.

Yeah....

The reason i was curious as due to Sean’s old rifle popping up in the for sale section, and having an Ops can on it. As always, that leads down a rabbit hole. ;)

Purely for curiosities sake, what didn’t you care for in the design?

LittleLebowski
06-20-2019, 05:57 PM
Yeah....

The reason i was curious as due to Sean’s old rifle popping up in the for sale section, and having an Ops can on it. As always, that leads down a rabbit hole. ;)

Purely for curiosities sake, what didn’t you care for in the design?

Having to have the barrel machined/fitted for the collar as opposed to doing direct thread or slapping on a muzzle device. It significantly limits your mounting options thereby costing you money, and it’s early 2000’s tech.

Dan_S
06-20-2019, 05:59 PM
Having to have the barrel machined/fitted for the collar as opposed to doing direct thread or slapping on a muzzle device. It significantly limits your mounting options thereby costing you money, and it’s early 2000’s tech.

Copy that.

What mounts are you preferential to at this point?

LittleLebowski
06-20-2019, 06:13 PM
Copy that.

What mounts are you preferential to at this point?

Dear Air KeyMo and Q Plan B (lighter than KeyMo) are options for Energetic cans, Dead Air, and I think a YHM can or two. Either is good, KeyMo is heavier but cheaper. Of course, the YHM mount is awesome, cheap, and bombproof. My brother couldn’t break one, I’ll put it that way. Anyway, try to either get YHM or something that accept the thread pattern for DA KeyMo and Q Plan B, thereby future proofing your investment.

I have DA KeyMo mounts on my Silencerco cans, because they are that much of an upgrade over the SiCo mounts.

Dan_S
06-20-2019, 06:29 PM
Dear Air KeyMo and Q Plan B (lighter than KeyMo) are options for Energetic cans, Dead Air, and I think a YHM can or two. Either is good, KeyMo is heavier but cheaper. Of course, the YHM mount is awesome, cheap, and bombproof. My brother couldn’t break one, I’ll put it that way. Anyway, try to either get YHM or something that accept the thread pattern for DA KeyMo and Q Plan B, thereby future proofing your investment.

I have DA KeyMo mounts on my Silencerco cans, because they are that much of an upgrade over the SiCo mounts.

I’ve heard horrors of SiCo mounts...what’s the scoop?

bravo7
06-20-2019, 07:51 PM
Nothing wrong with any of my SICo mounts.

LittleLebowski
06-20-2019, 08:45 PM
I’ve heard horrors of SiCo mounts...what’s the scoop?

The MAAD mounts are universally horrible, locking up inside the can. The ASR mounts are...OK. Dead Air KeyMo is better than both, by far.

Dan_S
06-20-2019, 09:03 PM
The MAAD mounts are universally horrible, locking up inside the can. The ASR mounts are...OK. Dead Air KeyMo is better than both, by far.

Ugh.

Yeah. What’s the matter with direct thread again? lol

Very...very interested in your thoughts on the Vox K when you get your paws on it....

LittleLebowski
06-21-2019, 06:59 PM
Ugh.

Yeah. What’s the matter with direct thread again? lol

Very...very interested in your thoughts on the Vox K when you get your paws on it....

I’ll tell you in about a year, hurry up and buy something in the mean time.

Dan_S
06-21-2019, 07:08 PM
I’ll tell you in about a year, hurry up and buy something in the mean time.

Oh, come on...should be down to ten months by now. :D

LittleLebowski
06-21-2019, 09:14 PM
Oh, come on...should be down to ten months by now. :D

Maybe 12. You need to move.

Dan_S
06-22-2019, 03:44 AM
Maybe 12. You need to move.

:p

Yes sir.

I’ll tell my bank account that it’s all your fault. You good with that?

joshs
06-22-2019, 06:15 AM
Ugh.

Yeah. What’s the matter with direct thread again?

Nothing, unless you need to take the can on and off quickly or you want to use a rifle with a permanently attached muzzle device.

LittleLebowski
06-22-2019, 11:25 AM
:p

Yes sir.

I’ll tell my bank account that it’s all your fault. You good with that?

The YHM cans with our PF Hanson Bros discount are cheap, just saying.

Dan_S
06-22-2019, 03:47 PM

Yeah, but...but....

:confused:

;)

Dan_S
06-24-2019, 09:56 AM

Those pesky brothers may cost me some money...

Rumour has it that they may be getting some stuff in from TBAC that has my interest. :cool:

LittleLebowski
06-24-2019, 11:41 AM
Those pesky brothers may cost me some money...

Rumour has it that they may be getting some stuff in from TBAC that has my interest. :cool:

They move a lot of TBAC cans when no other dealer can get them. If you call Hansohn, mention my name and PF, seriously.

Dan_S
06-24-2019, 12:08 PM
They move a lot of TBAC cans when no other dealer can get them. If you call Hansohn, mention my name and PF, seriously.

I didn’t mention your name, but I *did* mention P-F...

Hansohn Brothers - ya’ll listening?

:D

Spoke to Blake @ TBAC this morning on the phone. Again, very impressed - as well as my conversation with Ray Sanchez some time ago.

I’d be amiss if I didn’t mention Bowers’ as well, in the line of fantastic customer service and treating people right as well.

LittleLebowski, you still using the same email as you were....in....2012? I may have some photos of interest later this week.