PDA

View Full Version : My Thoughts on the OK, ECQC class 3,25,12

Prdator
03-30-2012, 09:30 PM
There are plenty of way better AAR's out there than I have time to write. But I wanted to post a few "thoughts" on my experience in my First ECQC.

First, Craig is an Awesome instructor!!!!!! And this class had a bonus as Mike Brown was there helping Craig so we had two of the best instructors around.

Mastering MUC is probably the most important thing you can do.
Making the Arc step look natural, Ill be working on this.
Recognizing the Pre-Assult cues
Keeping space is key.
Awareness takes on a much larger scope, in the FUT you have to be aware of so much!
As a "gun guy" it was hard to get the "appropriate extension and compression" once I was past about five feet I wanted to go to full extension, I really needed to open that space up some.
No matter your level of fitness you will get something out of ECQC.
IF you DO Not do the Evo's your only cheating your self. ( unless your really hurt)
Waiting for the your turn in the Evo's is worse than doing them.
I got a Huge rush after doing the Evo's, really good stuff.
When doing the Evo's you cant look at is as a win-vs-loss, look at them as a Great learning opportunity for both you and your partners, as there will be both good and bad in each Evo you do.
The stress inoculation is huge, getting to the point you can calm yourself and breathe instead of screaming I can't breathe.... if you can scream you can breathe. Calm yourself and breathe.
The Small fixed blade knife on the center belt line is a game changer wile in the FUT, two words for you Clinch Pick!!!!!

The class was all I thought it would be and more, Craig is one of the best instructors Ive ever been around and an Incredible communicator, very approachable for small questions and very positive in explaining his take on them.

We had 18 very motivated students in the class and they all came away with a better understanding on how to keep themselves and love ones safe. Thanks guys for a Awesome class!!!!!!

Prdator
05-13-2012, 08:18 AM
Guys check out the Video one of the highlights of the OKC ECQC class. http://vimeo.com/42048128

Lots of good guys in the class and very good performance from everyone!!! Even the guys that were not in the best shape (me) still got a LOT out of the class. Don't wait get signed up for a ECQC or USSA's CQT class!!!!

jstyer
05-13-2012, 08:37 AM
Great video. Thanks for the post.

SGT_Calle
05-13-2012, 06:07 PM
That was an intense video, wild stuff.
Thanks for sharing!

JodyH
05-13-2012, 06:55 PM
I cant wait for the Albq, NM course.
This class is the impetus and motivation for my work out program.

LOKNLOD
05-13-2012, 10:41 PM
I cant wait for the Albq, NM course.
This class is the impetus and motivation for my work out program.

That's much better than my plan of desperately sucking for oxygen throughout the class then trying to put together a plan to get in shape afterwards...

Prdator
05-14-2012, 07:45 AM
That's much better than my plan of desperately sucking for oxygen throughout the class then trying to put together a plan to get in shape afterwards...

That's what I did as well!!! And so far it's been working!!

ECQC is one heck of a motivator to get in shape!!!!

phil_in_cs
05-14-2012, 10:33 AM
ECQC is one heck of a motivator to get in shape!!!!

Nothing like having it forcibly demonstrated to you that simply having a gun won't solve many self defense problems.

Dropkick
05-14-2012, 12:41 PM
Nothing like having it forcibly demonstrated to you that simply having a gun won't solve many self defense problems.

Damn it Phil, next you'll be telling everyone that Santa Claus doesn't exist.