PDA

View Full Version : RFI: Schlitterbahn in TX

revchuck38
06-10-2019, 03:40 PM
I'm thinking about taking my grandson to Schlitterbahn at the end of July. I've never been to either one. They're roughly equidistant from where I live (near Lake Charles).

Is one better than the other?

Would it be worth spending more than one day?

Are there decent motels in the area? We'd probably drive out one day, spend the night, hit the park all day, spend the night, and drive home the next day.

Can one legally carry inside the park?

Thanks!

Chance
06-15-2019, 06:02 AM
Since no one else has said anything: the one in New Braunfels has been ranked the best water park in the world for something like 21 years straight. So if I had to pick one, that's probably the one I'd go to.

Not sure about whether carrying in the park is prohibited or not. Given that it's Texas, you could probably just call and ask.

RoyGBiv
06-15-2019, 08:54 AM
Schlitterbahn (both New Braunfels and Galveston) is not posted AFAIK. Not listed on Texas3006.com, and not posted according to the folks at texaschlforum.com.
However.... The logistics of carrying in a water park while enjoying the rides seem daunting.

Another fun time nearby is floating the Comal river.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g56350-d106304-Reviews-Comal_River-New_Braunfels_Texas.html

LOKNLOD
06-15-2019, 08:57 AM
My kids had a blast at the one in South Padre a couple years back. I'm not a huge water park (or even water, honestly) guy, but I enjoyed it with them.

If the New Braunfels one is bigger/better, i'd say it's a safe bet :)