PDA

View Full Version : John Hearne on American Warrior Podcast

Mark D
06-08-2019, 01:37 AM
This may have been mentioned before, but a search didn't reveal any results...

John Hearne was recently on Mike Seeklander's podcast. I know that a lot of p-f members have attended John's lecture, but I haven't had the pleasure. The podcast is outstanding though. Highly recommended.

http://americanwarriorshow.libsyn.com/who-wins-who-loses-why-with-john-hearne

Cheap Shot
06-08-2019, 07:01 AM
Thanks for making this thread. I listened to John's podcast last week and was very impressed. His thoughts were well articulated and more importantly based on science and fact. I tend to dismiss people that use emotions and anecdotes to support their message versus good critical thinking skills. He caught and kept my attention because he used data and logic. I took notes and will modify my training.

I hadn't been exposed to any of Mr Hearnes work prior to that, but I did recognize the name from PF. I thought Seeklander did a great job as usual with the questions. Highly recommend listening

RJ
06-08-2019, 08:15 AM
Excellent, ty.

Bookmarked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erick Gelhaus
06-09-2019, 01:02 AM
John did a very solid job with that.

John Hearne
06-09-2019, 06:51 AM
Thanks so much for the kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed the interview and got something out of it.

I never feel like I give my material justice trying to cover everything so quickly. Thanks for recognizing the reliance on current data and research - that was my goal when I started the project.

SeriousStudent
06-09-2019, 08:38 AM
John, I always appreciate the what you share with us. Your life-long passion for research and sharing the truth really shows in your work.

Much respect.

Cecil Burch
06-10-2019, 12:57 PM
One of the things I really enjoyed about the interview was that John spent little time on his personal experiences. It was not "look at me and how awesome I am", but rather "here is documented and peer reviewed research and here is how it pertains to us". In his lecture as well as the show, it was obvious that John cares about getting this info across to help the good guys and not just because he wants to be seen as a cool guy.

Cecil Burch
06-10-2019, 12:58 PM
And that is the last nice thing I say publicly about Hearne. Ever.

John Hearne
06-10-2019, 02:27 PM
And that is the last nice thing I say publicly about Hearne. Ever.

I appreciate that.

Over the years, I've said a lot of vile, nasty things about you and your kind words make me feel badly about those things I've said.

I comfort myself by reminding myself that they were all true. :)

SeriousStudent
06-10-2019, 08:35 PM
You can just feel the love.

snow white
06-10-2019, 10:42 PM
just finished listening and i thought it was fantastic. when you were talking about the force on force and video screen training it got me thinking. what are your opinions on VR? can this technology offer an experience thats more valuable than video screen training? i see it as a good resource to practice tactics, not so much as a fighting aid.

fly out
06-10-2019, 11:10 PM
You can just feel the love shiv.
FIFY