PDA

View Full Version : Virginia members - Governor Northam pushing gun control NOW

LittleLebowski
06-04-2019, 09:26 AM
Please join the VCDL (https://www.vcdl.org/Join-VCDL) ASAP. The VCDL is an extremely effective state level gun rights organization.

https://www.nbc12.com/2019/06/04/gov-northam-expected-call-stricter-gun-laws/

Four days after a gunman opened fire and killed 12 people at a Virginia Beach government building, Gov. Ralph Northam on Tuesday called for a special General Assembly session on gun laws.

Northam told the Associated Press on Tuesday that he wants the Republican-controlled General Assembly to hear from the public about the need for “common-sense” laws related to guns and accessories.
He plans to convene a special legislative session later this summer.

The AP says Northam wants lawmakers to vote on items such as mandating universal background checks before gun purchases, limiting purchases to one handgun per month and a so-called red flag bill that would allow authorities to temporarily seize someone’s guns if they are a shown to be threat to themselves or others

Matt O
06-04-2019, 10:48 AM
It is galling that he is still in office after the blackface and infanticide scandals. Nevertheless, it appears he needs to be reminded he is the servant, not the master.

RyanM
06-04-2019, 11:15 AM
Good reminder that I need to renew my membership!

LittleLebowski
06-04-2019, 01:17 PM
Wants to ban assault weapons and suppressors. He also wants to (double) ban bumpstocks.

BillSWPA
06-04-2019, 02:37 PM
My understanding is that the guns were purchased legally years ago, and if there were any warning signs, no one has figured it out yet. So none of what is being proposed would have prevented what happened in VA Beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TCinVA
06-04-2019, 03:09 PM
My understanding is that the guns were purchased legally years ago, and if there were any warning signs, no one has figured it out yet. So none of what is being proposed would have prevented what happened in VA Beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None of that matters to the gun grabbers.

TCinVA
06-04-2019, 03:10 PM
Also, if you are in the 24th district of Virginia there is a primary election next week where Emmet Hanger, a guy who has screwed us over on gun legislation time and time again, is facing a primary challenge from Tina Frietas, wife of Nick Frietas. Solid on the 2nd amendment and has the VCDL endorsement.

sharps54
06-04-2019, 03:16 PM
We need to find a way to up membership in the VCDL. I wonder how much it would hurt business for ranges and gun shows to require patrons have a membership? I know that’s a bit heavy handed. We definitely need to get the word out that the VCDL, not the NRA, is the only organization that has a chance of protecting our rights at the state level here in Virginia.

BillSWPA
06-04-2019, 03:17 PM
None of that matters to the gun grabbers.

Of course not. I am hoping it does matter to people who are not solidly in either camp, but simply want to see their loved ones go to school and work with some likelihood of returning safely at the end of the day. They are the ones who can potentially be persuaded that more gun control fails to achieve that goal.

LittleLebowski
06-04-2019, 03:32 PM
Just so we are clear, Governor Northam wants to ban legally owned and purchased suppressors. Illegal ones are still...illegal.

Edit: a hoax picture of a homemade suppressor found in CA is circulating the net and being purported to be the one used in VA Beach.

ssb
06-04-2019, 03:45 PM
Looks like one of those "solvent traps" you see for sale...

Crow Hunter
06-04-2019, 04:07 PM
Is that a Hi-Point with single stack magazines and a single after market extension?

So the narrative of high capacity handgun with a suppressor that we need to ban (think Glock 21 with a high end .45 suppressor and multiple magazines) to a Cleetus "ghetto blaster" with a single stack bubba extended magazine and a garage made suppressor.

Interesting.

Wheeler
06-04-2019, 07:02 PM
Is that a Hi-Point with single stack magazines and a single after market extension?

So the narrative of high capacity handgun with a suppressor that we need to ban (think Glock 21 with a high end .45 suppressor and multiple magazines) to a Cleetus "ghetto blaster" with a single stack bubba extended magazine and a garage made suppressor.

Interesting.

That picture is a hoax and LL has since edited his post.

Paul Blackburn
06-04-2019, 07:24 PM
What good is the constitution if you have to pay 3rd parties or else loose your constitutional rights? northam is a twat.

Kyle Reese
06-05-2019, 05:22 AM
We need to find a way to up membership in the VCDL. I wonder how much it would hurt business for ranges and gun shows to require patrons have a membership? I know that’s a bit heavy handed. We definitely need to get the word out that the VCDL, not the NRA, is the only organization that has a chance of protecting our rights at the state level here in Virginia.The VCDL is an extremely effective state level org, and anyone who values their 2nd Amendment rights and lives in the Old Dominion would be wise to join up and support their efforts.

Apathy and "I'll sign up later" won't cut it anymore. I sure as hell don't want to see Virginia transform into Maryland V 2.0....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

LittleLebowski
06-08-2019, 12:18 PM
I would like to request the smallest amount of ridicule for a guy that used this as an excuse to panic buy an Energetic Vox K (https://hansohnbrothers.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_69&product_id=659) from Hansohn Brothers

Please, be gentle.

Grey
06-08-2019, 12:41 PM
I would like to request the smallest amount of ridicule for a guy that used this as an excuse to panic buy an Energetic Vox K (https://hansohnbrothers.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_69&product_id=659) from Hansohn Brothers

Please, be gentle.

Uhh, not ridicule here, I am tempted to start "properly provisioning for the future" buying myself.

Bergeron
06-08-2019, 12:43 PM
I'm a new VA resident, and I've joined VCDL as result of all this current nonsense.

Kyle Reese
06-08-2019, 03:43 PM
I'm a new VA resident, and I've joined VCDL as result of all this current nonsense.Welcome! We're glad to have you aboard.

Kyle Reese
06-08-2019, 03:53 PM

Please, be gentle.I like yer style, dude.38835

LittleLebowski
06-08-2019, 04:14 PM
Uhh, not ridicule here, I am tempted to start "properly provisioning for the future" buying myself.

Why would you not with our PF discount with Hansohn Brothers?!

Grab yourself a YHM can or two. They’re excellent cans at a great price.

Grey
06-08-2019, 04:20 PM

Grab yourself a YHM can or two. They’re excellent cans at a great price.We get a PF discount at Hansohn Bros?!?!??!??!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

mtnbkr
06-08-2019, 04:20 PM
Grab yourself a YHM can or two. They’re excellent cans at a great price.

I *need* a 7.62 can (that can pull double duty on my AR), but my concern with Northam's mutterings is that if these are made illegal, what becomes of our investment?

Depending on what my bonus looks like, I might set aside some cash for a rifle can (the one you bought looks compelling), but I'm concerned about the future...

Chris

LittleLebowski
06-08-2019, 05:05 PM
We get a PF discount at Hansohn Bros?!?!??!??!

A noticeable one. Hansohn Brothers

LittleLebowski
06-08-2019, 05:07 PM
I *need* a 7.62 can (that can pull double duty on my AR), but my concern with Northam's mutterings is that if these are made illegal, what becomes of our investment?

Depending on what my bonus looks like, I might set aside some cash for a rifle can (the one you bought looks compelling), but I'm concerned about the future...

Chris

I’d get the bigger Vox S (https://hansohnbrothers.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_69&product_id=601) if that’s your only/first can.

I’m not too worried about my cans in VA. I don’t think they can confiscate, ever. Plus, I think that we can win this in asssembly.

Totem Polar
06-08-2019, 05:24 PM

Man, I’m in WA state: a fair amount of my discretionary money of late has been spent on "reasonable and prudent fear" buying...

(As opposed to that "bare fear" ammo run shit from the Obama years that gave us entire aisles of empty at Cabelas; those guys were just a buncha neckbeard hoarders, natch.)

Paul Blackburn
06-08-2019, 07:25 PM
Every time there's an event similar to VB the anti gunners call for more control. Seems like we are only as free as the elites allow us to be regardless of the constitution.
Some nut job mows down a bunch of people with a bump stock, ban bump stocks. Shoot a few people with a suppressor, ban suppressors. Of coarse suppressors can add up to a lot of more money than a bump stock if they are to be turned in or destroyed with no compensation like the bump stock. But if that's what the gov says...I don't recall anybody having a say about bump stocks. Just complaints that made no difference.

The truth is none of the proposed gun control has ever been or ever will be practical because gun controls has never been about and never will be about a practical solution. Its only about control and the eventual ban of all guns like in countries the left throws out as examples. They know as well as you do more gun control won't make any difference except to keep chipping away at the 2A.

mtnbkr
06-08-2019, 08:17 PM
I’d get the bigger Vox S (https://hansohnbrothers.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_69&product_id=601) if that’s your only/first can.

It would be my first/only centerfire rifle can. I already have a rimfire can.

The Vox- looks good too.

Chris

Hansohn Brothers
06-09-2019, 07:14 AM

Yes sir, register on our website and I’ll set your account for PF silencer pricing.

Grey
06-09-2019, 07:28 AM
Yes sir, register on our website and I’ll set your account for PF silencer pricing.Registered!

Matt O
06-09-2019, 09:57 AM

Lol wtf, I didn't know that either and I've already bought two cans from them...

mtnbkr
06-09-2019, 10:27 AM
Registered!

Me too! :D

Chris

joshs
06-09-2019, 07:12 PM
We still don't have details about the exact proposals that the Governor will send to the General Assembly, but between his statements and the standard lack of anti-gun ingenuity, we'll likely see many of the same bans and restrictions as are proposed in the GA every year. At this point, it's probably still too early to ramp up pressure on delegates and senators. As soon as we have more details beyond the date of the special session (July 9), I'll post a link here that allows VA members to easily contact their delegate and senator.

joshs
06-12-2019, 09:04 AM
Our "take action" link is now up: https://www.nraila.org/articles/20190612/virginia-general-assembly-to-convene-july-9th-for-special-session-on-gun-control

While the most important thing to do is to actually make contact with you delegate and senator, if you personalize your response, it may be more effective.

Grey
06-12-2019, 09:09 AM
Our "take action" link is now up: https://www.nraila.org/articles/20190612/virginia-general-assembly-to-convene-july-9th-for-special-session-on-gun-control

While the most important thing to do is to actually make contact with you delegate and senator, if you personalize your response, it may be more effective.

Done and personalized.

joshs
07-04-2019, 10:08 AM
Just a reminder of the special session next week. Here is the email we sent with details for anyone planning on attending:

Virginia: Defend Freedom, Oppose Gov. Northam in Richmond

Governor Ralph Northam and his gun ban allies are ready to push their extreme anti-gun agenda when the General Assembly convenes its special session on July 9th. Your NRA is calling on members and Second Amendment supporters to join in the fight against Gov. Northam’s misguided gun control proposals by coming to Richmond on July 9th to personally urge their elected officials to stand up for our rights by opposing the Northam gun ban agenda.

You are invited to stop by the House Conference Room to pick up your FREE NRA gear as well as meet with fellow members and Second Amendment supporters. Additionally, NRA staff will be present to provide updates and to assist everyone in finding their lawmakers.

July 9th 10:00 A.M.- 12:00 P.M.
House Conference Room, 6th Floor of the Pocahontas Building
900 E. Main St.
Richmond, VA 23219

Also, if you want any more info on any of the policies being pushed by Northam, we set up an informational microsite with facts about each policy: https://www.nraila.org/campaigns/2019/virginia/northams-virginia-special-session-on-gun-control/

Totem Polar
07-04-2019, 12:03 PM
Just a reminder of the special session next week...

Good to see you posting here, brother. Thanks for all your hard work, and I hope your work isn’t too hard right now.

Grey
07-04-2019, 12:09 PM
Kaye Kory's response to my letter, in all its jacked up formatting glory:

Thank
you for contacting me to share your concerns about the upcoming General Assembly session which is to be focused on gun safety.

As
yet no bills have been filed to either discuss or vote upon.

I
will keep your opinions in mind when we convene.

Sincerely,

joshs
07-04-2019, 01:10 PM
Kaye Kory's response to my letter, in all its jacked up formatting glory:

Thank
you for contacting me to share your concerns about the upcoming General Assembly session which is to be focused on gun safety.

As
yet no bills have been filed to either discuss or vote upon.

I
will keep your opinions in mind when we convene.

Sincerely,

Well, she's at least not wrong that it's hard to have a real policy debate when we still don't have the legislation. It's hard to argue that you're on the side of reason/logic/the people when you wait until only days before (maybe the day of) a vote to unveil the legislation to be voted on.

Paul Blackburn
07-04-2019, 02:12 PM
What good is the Constitution if this prick governor can call for these bans a get them?

CG12
07-18-2019, 08:43 PM
Virginians will be happy to know that this special legislative session was shut down in record time before anything could be discussed. See this article by delegate Ken Plum- in which he claims that "gun violence that takes the lives of more than 1,000 citizens of our state each year". What a statement. The VA State Police report less than 400 homicides statewide last year by any means at all.