PDA

View Full Version : Typhus in Los Angeles

LittleLebowski
06-03-2019, 12:09 PM
https://legalinsurrection.com/2019/06/los-angeles-police-officers-contract-typhoid-fever-others-show-typhus-like-symptoms/

The LAPD announced late Wednesday that an employee who fell ill at the downtown LAPD station had contracted the strain of bacteria that causes typhoid fever and was being treated for the condition. The LAPD confirmed that a second employee had a lower intestinal infection, but a specific diagnosis has not been determined.

It’s unclear where the officers contracted typhoid, though officials said they were not patrol officers. The LAPD appeared to link the case to officers’ work conditions, saying in a statement that “our police officers often patrol in adverse environments and can be exposed to various dangerous elements.”

Meanwhile, California enacts California solutions:

While Los Angeles, and other large California cities are experiencing rat infestations within homeless camps, AB 1788, by Assemblyman Richard Bloom (D-Santa Monica) will ban Rodenticides – rodent poisons. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and Department of Pesticide Regulation already regulate these products for efficacy, human health impacts and impacts to the environment.

…San Francisco has a no-kill, catch-and-release rat policy: “Humane Wildlife Control addresses the problem by sealing holes in buildings that can create entry points for rodents, and then they set up live catch traps to capture rats,” SF Gate reported in 2017. “Once rats are caught, they’re released right in the backyard.”

Zincwarrior
06-03-2019, 01:11 PM
Catch and release...for rats?:rolleyes:

Doc_Glock
06-03-2019, 01:19 PM
Typhus will happen in unsanitary conditions with people and rats living together.

Rodenticides seem by far the best way to control rats, and properly deployed don't travel up the food stream to predators. But CA has made they almost impossible to use by normal folks.

entropy
06-03-2019, 03:11 PM
A little plague never hurt anyone...

Mjolnir
06-03-2019, 03:42 PM

Not if they ‘flea’...

See what I did there?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190603/59ac0d54f85de796e70a0addfeb6c00a.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

feudist
06-03-2019, 04:09 PM
Are we becoming a 3rd World country?

wvincent
06-03-2019, 04:11 PM

The correct terminology is "utopia".

ralph
06-03-2019, 04:28 PM

And it's just a matter of time before an outbreak of Typhus, Plague, or God knows what else..The idiots in charge are setting themselves up for a major outbreak, catch and release rats(?) letting homeless people shit in the street, sidewalk, or where ever they feel like, piles of garbage that isn't picked up, all this makes for perfect breeding conditions for disease..and causes of this was something that was taught in junior high school.. Stupid is as Stupid does..even Forrest Gump knew better.. Sadly, the only way things will change is when a major outbreak happens, overwhelms the hospitials, spreads, kills 10-20 thousand, causes the entire area to be quarantined.. Then, and only then, will the blame be put where it belongs..at city hall.. And the SJW city councils, Mayors..

5pins
06-03-2019, 04:32 PM
Dr. Drew Pinsky warns Los Angeles could be at risk of a deadly epidemic this summer

https://www.foxnews.com/us/dr-drew-pinsky-major-epidemic-los-angeles-kill-thousands

"I live in the great state of California, the utopia that is California, which is a nightmare," Pinsky said.
"I want to give you a prediction here. There will be a major infectious disease epidemic this summer in Los Angeles."

Alpha Sierra
06-03-2019, 04:37 PM

Los Angeles
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1/2018/02/01/16/wire-2204656-1517501009-503_634x418.jpg

Mumbai
https://c8.alamy.com/comp/E81KC7/dharavi-slum-mumbai-maharashtra-india-E81KC7.jpg

Getting close.......

ralph
06-03-2019, 04:40 PM
Dr. Drew Pinsky warns Los Angeles could be at risk of a deadly epidemic this summer

https://www.foxnews.com/us/dr-drew-pinsky-major-epidemic-los-angeles-kill-thousands

He's right...The social justice warriors who run the city are about to get taught a sharp lesson..Hopefully, for their part in doing nothing to stop it, they'll end up either in prison, or infected..

Joe in PNG
06-03-2019, 04:58 PM
It's not a problem until it effects the Nomenkultura.

ralph
06-03-2019, 05:08 PM

That right..just wait until the plague, typhus, starts running rampant through Beverly Hills, all those gates are'nt going to keep disease out..and disease dosen't care how much money you have.. I don't feel sorry for them, this is the goverment they voted for, and they're about to get what they deserve.. common sense can be a real bitch, sometimes..

5pins
06-03-2019, 05:29 PM

I think there is about as much chance of that happing as there is Hillary getting convicted. The ones that will be affected the most are the same people they pretend to care about. And after it happens they still will not believe that they are responsible.

ralph
06-03-2019, 06:37 PM
I think there is about as much chance of that happing as there is Hillary getting convicted. The ones that will be affected the most are the same people they pretend to care about. And after it happens they still will not believe that they are responsible.

Don't forget, all of the people that work for these people, you know,the maids, butlers, yard guy, pool guy delievery guys, plumber, etc, all it takes is for one of them to come into contact with someone who's infected, and go to work at Richy Rich's house the next day.. Sure, it will be devastating to the homeless, and poorer communitys first, but sooner or later, if it gets out of control, (and it very easily could), It'll show up in Richy Rich's neighborhood..

wvincent
06-03-2019, 06:42 PM
Don't forget, all of the people that work for these people, you know,the maids, butlers, yard guy, pool guy delievery guys etc, all it takes is for one of them to come into contact with someone who's infected, and go to work at Richy Rich's house the next day.. Sure it will be devastating to the homeless, and poorer communtiys, but sooner or later, if it gets out of control, (and it easily could), It'll show up in Richy Rich's neighborhood..

Everything you said^^^^, and with that kind of population density that shit will be like a wildfire.
Oh, and don't forget air travel to spread that shit to the rest of the country.

RoyGBiv
06-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Bill. F-in. Murray.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m9EVP8X7N8

ralph
06-03-2019, 06:53 PM
Everything you said^^^^, and with that kind of population density that shit will be like a wildfire.
Oh, and don't forget air travel to spread that shit to the rest of the country.

Hopefully, someone will have the common sense to quarantine the whole city befor it gets that far....nothing, no flights traffic, shipping in, or out.You'll probably have to call the military in to enforce it, and declare Marshall Law until it's over. Then, you have other problems..think of all the illegals who will make a beeline for the Mexican border, how many of them will be infected? Wanna bet Mexico gets tough on border security then?

Lester Polfus
06-03-2019, 07:02 PM
California is the poster-child for "180 degrees from sick is still sick." I have no desire to live in an Ayn Rand-esque world where there is no governmental oversight of anything, but they have gone off the rails. I've spilled more gas out of "California Compliant" gas cans than I ever did with a normal one, to the point that I've retrofitted the nozzles on all my gas cans. So much random shit has a P65 warning on it that people are numb to it. Overapplications of rodenticides was a huge problem, but there's a time when it's time to kill some fucking rats.

I don't live in Cali, but this could easily spread to where I live. More reasons to be glad I live in the boonies and home school.

OlongJohnson
06-03-2019, 07:51 PM
Hopefully, someone will have the common sense to quarantine the whole city befor it gets that far....nothing, no flights traffic, shipping in, or out.

Unfortunately, a staggering proportion of everything that gets imported to the west coast goes through Port of LA and Port of Long Beach. And the homeless tent city on the LA river next to I-710 was getting out of hand when I left several years ago.

entropy
06-03-2019, 09:43 PM
Just so it bypasses El Segundo and I can get home after my trip...I’m ok with it.

:rolleyes:

Lester Polfus
06-03-2019, 10:03 PM
Hopefully, someone will have the common sense to quarantine the whole city befor it gets that far....nothing, no flights traffic, shipping in, or out.You'll probably have to call the military in to enforce it, and declare Marshall Law until it's over. Then, you have other problems..think of all the illegals who will make a beeline for the Mexican border, how many of them will be infected? Wanna bet Mexico gets tough on border security then?

That would probably be just what we would need to tank the US economy, plus I'm not even sure it's effectively possible to quarantine a city that big without getting out the jack boots.

ralph
06-04-2019, 09:09 AM
That would probably be just what we would need to tank the US economy, plus I'm not even sure it's effectively possible to quarantine a city that big without getting out the jack boots.

Then get the jack boots out..you either make an effort to contain it, or let it run wild across the country.. that's the choice you'll have.. it sucks, but it's either L.A. or the rest of the country..

OlongJohnson
06-04-2019, 09:59 AM

Never really thought about this before, but the geography of SoCal makes it so there are a limited number of roads in and out of the greater LA area. Maybe a dozen or so that actually get you out, and fewer than that that can handle any kind of volume. Airports are government controlled, there aren't that many boats.

Totem Polar
06-04-2019, 11:13 AM
Never really thought about this before, but the geography of SoCal makes it so there are a limited number of roads in and out of the greater LA area. Maybe a dozen or so that actually get you out, and fewer than that that can handle any kind of volume. Airports are government controlled, there aren't that many boats.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ue8TvvYik74/maxresdefault.jpg

I can't be the only one who's mind went there.

luckyman
06-04-2019, 12:15 PM
Unfortunately, a staggering proportion of everything that gets imported to the west coast goes through Port of LA and Port of Long Beach. And the homeless tent city on the LA river next to I-710 was getting out of hand when I left several years ago.

This. Last year 17.5 million containers (TEUs) went through the combined port of LA/Long Beach; I think that is about half of all US port traffic.

The homeless locations keep getting moved around but they are still growing overall, I think.

NEPAKevin
06-04-2019, 01:54 PM
https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/73967778/im-not-saying-its-natural-selection-but-its-natural-selection.jpg

45dotACP
06-04-2019, 07:14 PM
One would've thought it would have decimated San Fran first...

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Suvorov
06-04-2019, 08:52 PM
One would've thought it would have decimated San Fran first...

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I have no doubt it will. To make matters worse they have occupied SFO and the other night I saw one pushing her shopping cart down my street. I live 20 miles from the city.

GyroF-16
06-04-2019, 10:10 PM
I have no doubt it will. To make matters worse they have occupied SFO and the other night I saw one pushing her shopping cart down my street. I live 20 miles from the city.

Time to move to CO and join the Resistance here.

Greg
06-04-2019, 10:47 PM
Typhus and other retro diseases should play nicely with all the unvaccinated kids that the Hollyweird crowd produces.