PDA

View Full Version : Beretta 92 frame wear

65k10
03-28-2012, 07:47 PM
I recently purchased a police trade-in beretta 92. Externally the gun is in fantastic shape with very little wear. Internally things are pretty good, but it looks like the anodizing has worn through on the very front frame rails (anodizing seems fine elsewhere). Is this anything to worry about for now or is that just what these guns do? This is the first alloy framed gun I own so I'm not really up on what constitutes as typical wear.

WDW
03-28-2012, 08:10 PM
I recently purchased a police trade-in beretta 92. Externally the gun is in fantastic shape with very little wear. Internally things are pretty good, but it looks like the anodizing has worn through on the very front frame rails (anodizing seems fine elsewhere). Is this anything to worry about for now or is that just what these guns do? This is the first alloy framed gun I own so I'm not really up on what constitutes as typical wear.

It's ok as long as the rail itself is ok. It is a contact point & subject to finnish wear. Most M9's in the corps are so worn they look like inox models so yours should be gtg.

ToddG
03-29-2012, 08:41 AM
Echoing 10mm4me, unless the aluminum itself has been damaged or moved, you're simply seeing the effects of polishing. It's normal and nothing to worry about.

65k10
03-29-2012, 09:25 AM
Glad to hear nothing's wrong. Thanks for the help.