PDA

View Full Version : Pro Series M&P 2.0 (black 5") is out

LSW
05-17-2019, 07:06 PM
Sorry if already posted.

Not really sure why, but I ordered one. Sure the M&P is kinda the ford taurus of the pistol world...but for some reason I keep buying them. I guess this is the only way to get a black 5" M&P 2.0 if you don't like the baby poop FDE. Anyway, I'll run it in USPSA production and get trounced by by CZ's and tanfos (aka better competitors). I'll probably ditch those sights and put some HD XR's on.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/performance-center-mp-9-m20-5-barrel-pro-series

Vista461
05-17-2019, 07:25 PM
Too bad it doesn’t have a CORE slide.

Rotundra
05-17-2019, 07:27 PM
I could do without the sights and the cleaning kit, but if this is the only way to get a black 5”, so be it.

LSW
05-17-2019, 07:28 PM
Too bad it doesn’t have a CORE slide.

The CORE will be released in 12-24 months after everyone who didn't really want this one because it wasn't a core, broke down and bought it anyway.

JTQ
05-17-2019, 08:29 PM
I wonder if it has the loaded chamber indicator lever like the FDE version or the hole like the shorter barreled (and 1.0 guns).

I'm not a fan of the lever.

LockedBreech
05-17-2019, 08:41 PM
I could do without the sights and the cleaning kit, but if this is the only way to get a black 5”, so be it.

Yep.

Erick Gelhaus
05-17-2019, 09:21 PM
Sure the M&P is kinda the ford taurus of the pistol world...but for some reason I keep buying them.

I'm not sure why. The three largest agencies in CA (LASD, LAPD, & CHP) all issue them. Granted not every copper at each is carrying them, but they are the selected issue pistol.

awp_101
05-17-2019, 09:36 PM
Sure the M&P is kinda the ford taurus of the pistol world...but for some reason I keep buying them.
I’m sort of the same way. Every time I seriously consider going back to SFAs the M&P line is a strong contender. In fact, I’ve got my eye on a couple right now...

Alpha Sierra
05-17-2019, 09:39 PM
Anyway, I'll run it in USPSA production and get trounced by by CZ's and tanfos (aka better competitors).

I get your drift but the M&P won't be a hindrance.

mmc45414
05-17-2019, 09:47 PM
I wonder if it has the loaded chamber indicator lever like the FDE version or the hole like the shorter barreled (and 1.0 guns).

I'm not a fan of the lever.

I caved and got the poop colored 2.0 5" (not pro), and it has the hole.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Grouse870
05-17-2019, 10:31 PM
There are two versions of the 5” fde one with a loaded chamber indicator and thumb safety and one with the standard viewing port with and without thumb safety. The one with the loaded chamber indicator was the submission for the army contract. Just FYI. I have a 5” (without the chamber indicator or thumb safety) and it’s certainly not the gun that’s holding me back in Uspsa 😀

Bratch
05-17-2019, 11:10 PM
Sorry if already posted.

Not really sure why, but I ordered one. Sure the M&P is kinda the ford taurus of the pistol world...but for some reason I keep buying them.

I shot M&Ps for several years but caught a case of passion of the gun and have been drifting around. I’ve been playing with an Automatic Accuracy P01 and a LTT 92, but let my M&Ps tag along on the last couple range trips. I think I may circle back to the M&Ps after shooting them again.

Duelist
05-18-2019, 02:00 AM
The 5” FDE my buddy has is quite a nice package. I would own one happily.

JTQ
05-18-2019, 07:09 AM
There are two versions of the 5” fde one with a loaded chamber indicator and thumb safety and one with the standard viewing port with and without thumb safety. The one with the loaded chamber indicator was the submission for the army contract.
Thanks. I wasn't aware of that.

ranger
05-18-2019, 08:00 AM
I liked the M&P Gen 1 and I like the M&P 2.0s much better. I have a M&P 2.0 5inch with the loaded chamber indicator lever - it is my favorite range gun with Dawson sights transferred from a Gen 1 Pro - adjustable rear and FO front - plus an APEX trigger kit.

I carry a M&P 2.0 Compact 9mm and I have a M&P 2.0 FS 9mm waiting for the Optics market to settle to see which optic gets milled in.

Greg
05-18-2019, 08:07 AM
A couple of LA County Sheriffs Deputies I spoke with at a class said they had been running the M&P 2.0s hard in testing and they were very impressed with them.

If the trigger broke further forward in the guard I might try one.

LockedBreech
05-18-2019, 12:47 PM
I went from 1 to 10 with the M&P. I dislike my Gen 1 and it never gets shot. But I took a chance on the 2.0 and they fixed every single problem I had.

-Shit trigger is now very solid.
-Slippery grip is now aggressively stippled
- Serrations and slide profile are now more grip-friendly
- Barrel & lockup combine to make it much more accurate
- Slightly better finish
- More sensible variety of sizes including, finally, a excellent G19 analogue
- Generally quite affordable

I’m a big fan. I have chosen them over anything else for the last year and a half or so. I predict they’ll continue to grow in popularity as the M2.0 reputation overwrites the M1.0 reputation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AMC
05-18-2019, 01:44 PM
I'm not sure why. The three largest agencies in CA (LASD, LAPD, & CHP) all issue them. Granted not every copper at each is carrying them, but they are the selected issue pistol.

I hear even some guys in the Sonoma region like them....

mmc45414
05-18-2019, 02:04 PM
There are two versions of the 5” fde one with a loaded chamber indicator and thumb safety and one with the standard viewing port with and without thumb safety.I wondered if maybe there might be a MA or CA compliance deal but when I browsed 2.0 Series in 9mm only one model looks to have the pin for the lever, the FDE 5" with the thumb saftey:

I shot M&Ps for several years but caught a case of passion of the gun and have been drifting around. I think I may circle back to the M&Ps after shooting them again.I fell back in luv with the 1911 and ended up with a couple of 9mm Rugers that I shot pretty much exclusively for about two years. Then when the 2.0 Compact came out I got one, and shot it really well, and thought to test if I had been shooting well (for me) because of the 1911, so I decided to revert to the M&P for a while. Since I had a bunch of magazines for the full size and just the two for the Compact I decided to get the FDE5" without the safety and have been shooting it very well.

I liked the M&P Gen 1 and I like the M&P 2.0s much better. I have a M&P 2.0 5inch... with Dawson sights
I carry a M&P 2.0 Compact 9mm and I have a M&P 2.0 FS 9mm waiting for the Optics market to settle to see which optic gets milled in.I am also wondering if I should just get a second 5" 2.0 while you can get them for ~$400 and hang tight while I wait for the new Trigicon to become proven and come down in cost. For now I also like the Dawson sights, with the narrow front blade it is almost like a dot :)

I went from 1 to 10 with the M&P. I dislike my Gen 1 and it never gets shot. But I took a chance on the 2.0 and they fixed every single problem I had.I have a 1.0 with a lotta Apex, including the barrel and it is a great gun, but it is a $400 gun with $400 worth of stuff thrown at it. I bought both of my 2.0 guns for right at $400 and changed nothing but the sights.

Grouse870
05-18-2019, 03:20 PM
https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/mp-9-m20-no-thumb-safety-flat-dark-earth
Here you go no loaded chamber indicator no safety

mmc45414
05-18-2019, 05:32 PM
https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/mp-9-m20-no-thumb-safety-flat-dark-earth
Here you go no loaded chamber indicator no safetyThat is the one I have, Dawson Sights and G2G.

LSW
06-11-2019, 08:26 AM
Just got mine in. Haven't shot it yet, although may try some USPSA with it tonight. The stock sights are tall as hell; won't fit into some holsters. Also I wasn't too impressed with these rough-feeling marks on the inside of the slide. I'm telling myself they were made by a highly skilled gunsmith who was carefully fitting the barrel and slide for maximum accuracy! ;););););):D:D:D

If it shoots < 4" 5 shot groups at 25 yards and doesn't malfunction I don't care. We shall see.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bgo8crhjt9w0w2d/20190611_052241.jpg?dl=1

LSW
06-11-2019, 11:26 AM
Forgot to mention, the trigger measured right at 6 pounds; It feels like a normal M&P 2.0 trigger.

Zincwarrior
06-11-2019, 12:22 PM
Forgot to mention, the trigger measured right at 6 pounds; It feels like a normal M&P 2.0 trigger.

Wait six pounds? My Pro ( pre 2.0) was 4ish pounds stock before the trigger job.

If its six pounds why get a Pro?

Vista461
06-11-2019, 01:08 PM
Wait six pounds? My Pro ( pre 2.0) was 4ish pounds stock before the trigger job.

If its six pounds why get a Pro?

Yeah my old 1.0 Pro 4.25” had a noticeably lighter trigger than my compact. I wish I wouldn’t have sold it.

LockedBreech
06-11-2019, 02:22 PM
I still haven’t been able to find a 5” black non-CORE and it’s giving me the grumpies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MK11
06-11-2019, 02:31 PM
Just got mine in. Haven't shot it yet, although may try some USPSA with it tonight. The stock sights are tall as hell; won't fit into some holsters. Also I wasn't too impressed with these rough-feeling marks on the inside of the slide. I'm telling myself they were made by a highly skilled gunsmith who was carefully fitting the barrel and slide for maximum accuracy! ;););););):D:D:D

If it shoots < 4" 5 shot groups at 25 yards and doesn't malfunction I don't care. We shall see.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bgo8crhjt9w0w2d/20190611_052241.jpg?dl=1

Please let us know how it goes. I want a 5 inch 2.0 and if the new Pro doesn't offer a significant advantage over the FDE models, I can convince myself that it's more bronze than brown ;).

LSW
06-13-2019, 06:10 PM
I only had time for a quick 100 rounds today but it seemed fine. Shot some groups at 25 yards and it was holding 5 or 6" 10 shot groups with the crap Magtech 115gr bulk stuff. I won't hold that against it, I'm sure it's doing 4" with decent ammo. I didn't notice any vertical stringing or huge accuracy problems. Trigger and grip felt pretty good. My lyman gauge says 5 lb 13 oz average. Function was great, granted it was just 100 rounds. Will do a 2000 round challenge now I guess.

LockedBreech
06-26-2019, 08:46 PM
Okay, directly asking for help finding where to order one. Every single site I check only has FDE, even through Google.

andre3k
06-26-2019, 10:44 PM
Okay, directly asking for help finding where to order one. Every single site I check only has FDE, even through Google.Distributors still aren't getting many of these. It's going to take a bit longer to get them on shelves. Best bet right now is to search for the MPN on gun.deals and see who has one in stock.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

LSW
06-27-2019, 01:22 AM
I found mine at a random pawn shop in North Carolina that was selling online and shipped to my FFL, I just kept googling the model number for a few weeks until I found one.

LockedBreech
06-27-2019, 09:39 AM
I found mine at a random pawn shop in North Carolina that was selling online and shipped to my FFL, I just kept googling the model number for a few weeks until I found one.

At least I know my tactic will eventually work.