PDA

View Full Version : Trimming P30 slide release, details please.

cutter
03-27-2012, 03:41 PM
I'm thinking of shortening the left side slide release and was looking for a little more detail in how to do it. I read in a few threads that some of you have done this and the pictures of the results look good. Most all of you used a Dremel tool. Can you do it with other tools? I don't own one, have never used one and can see the Dremel Tool holding a place of honor in my workshop next to the Roto-Zip that was only used for one project. What can you use to make the cut, smooth and contour the cut, and refinish (blacken) the cut?

orionz06
03-27-2012, 03:56 PM
What tools do you have? A simple hacksaw and sandpaper could chop it and smooth it out, finish it with a cold bluing or something similar.

jmjames
03-27-2012, 09:34 PM
You can use the maligned RotoZip for this. Get a grinding stone attachment. :)

J.Ja

JM Campbell
03-27-2012, 10:33 PM
I'm thinking of shortening the left side slide release and was looking for a little more detail in how to do it. I read in a few threads that some of you have done this and the pictures of the results look good. Most all of you used a Dremel tool. Can you do it with other tools? I don't own one, have never used one and can see the Dremel Tool holding a place of honor in my workshop next to the Roto-Zip that was only used for one project. What can you use to make the cut, smooth and contour the cut, and refinish (blacken) the cut?

P2000 slim levers is what need. Shoot me a pm and I'll get you squared away.

cutter
03-28-2012, 11:39 AM
Hacksaw or Roto-Zip. Humm, what to trash a new gun with? I know from experence I can do some damage to drywall with a Roto-Zip. Maybe it is time to see what it will do to metal. :o