PDA

View Full Version : because I don't suck and H&K doesn't hate me

JodyH
03-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Just wanted to drop a note on the exceptional service I received from H&K this morning.
I called up to order some springs for my P2000 (just passed the 20k round mark) and they went above and beyond the call of duty to take care of me.
:cool:

gtmtnbiker98
03-11-2011, 08:17 PM
So, what did they do that was above and beyond? Curious. Love to hear the good stories. I had an issue last year with a new HK45c. The hammer had an issue where the rubber was separating from the metal portion of the hammer. Before it got worse I called them and they requested that I ship it in and had it back to me in 7 business days. They also updated the detent plate and did a "once over" on the entire weapon. Good enough for me.

JodyH
03-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Some of the springs I wanted were out of stock so the CS rep offered to send me one from their gunsmith's stock at no charge and gave me a substantial discount on a recoil spring assembly.

TCinVA
03-11-2011, 09:04 PM
H&K's customer service has certainly improved. H&K USA's current leadership is very concerned with doing well by customers, from what I understand. I've found H&K to be very helpful and easy to work with when I've dealt with them since buying my P30's.

mlk18
03-11-2011, 10:39 PM
A buddy of mine had issues with the trigger going dead on his H&K USP 40 and after giving them a call they sent new parts out ASAP (free IIRC). We were all suprised having heard horror stories about their customer service. Apparently they have changed their ways. Good for them!

Pistol Shooter
03-12-2011, 08:47 AM
I've had very good experiences with HK customer service. Travis and his co-workers have been extremely nice and helpful on the two occasions I dealt with them.

Almost two years ago, my wife and I attended the NRA Convention in Charlotte.

We spent quite a bit of time at the HK booth and met many of the HK folks who'd come up from Georgia for the event.

They were a great bunch of people who loved to talk all things HK.

Jill and I came away from the HK booth with all sorts of free goodies too - stickers, hats, lapel pens and a cool HK trailor hitch cover. ;)

KentF
03-12-2011, 09:36 AM
JodyH, glad to hear of your experience. I called about getting springs to convert my P30 to a V1 and was just told they were out of stock. Not complaining, mind you. I can't imagine them offering to rob the gunsmith's stock every time a customer called. ;) I'm waiting to hear from HKparts.net when they get the springs in.

wrt81
03-21-2011, 09:08 PM
I've called a few times to order springs and have always had a great experience. Nothing overly amazing, but one time they had to put a few of my springs on back order due to them being out of stock. They said it may be a few weeks to a month, but less than a week later I got them in the mail. Not sure if they came in early or what, but I was happy.

JodyH
03-22-2011, 08:25 AM
Must have been my charming personality.
:p