PDA

View Full Version : APX Slide Serrations Compatible with Leather Holsters

Thy.Will.Be.Done
04-25-2019, 10:48 AM
When looking at the APX slide serrations, albeit never having handled in person... I can't help but think those would absolutely destroy the inside of a snug fitting leather holster. Seems like it would just function as a cheese grater every time it came in/out, can anybody confirm this one way or the other in their experience?

DallasBronco
04-25-2019, 11:35 AM
I make leather holsters, and almost always use the trigger guard to index and retain the gun. IMO, any design that is tight on the slide would potentially pull the slide out of battery when reholstering, and would be poorly thought out.

jetfire
04-25-2019, 03:04 PM
When looking at the APX slide serrations, albeit never having handled in person... I can't help but think those would absolutely destroy the inside of a snug fitting leather holster. Seems like it would just function as a cheese grater every time it came in/out, can anybody confirm this one way or the other in their experience?

The easy solution here is to buy a kydex holster. Although I do actually have a leather holster for one of my APX pistols and haven't noticed it tearing up the holster. The holster is sized to the max dimensions of the ridges, so it's pretty much fine.

arcfide
04-29-2019, 08:42 PM
I have a couple of leather holsters for my APX and they all work fine, without much issue. There's some initial abrasion as the gun and leather wear in together, and then it's all stable after that.