PDA

View Full Version : Sig P320 X-Compact LCI

karam.19
04-24-2019, 06:16 AM
I picked up a P320 xcompact yesterday. When I used some snap caps, I noticed that the loaded chamber indicator protrudes (as it should), but it almost enters the sight picture. Has anyone else noticed this? I’m thinking of just removing the LCI. It doesn’t look like it would impede the function of the gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tamara
04-24-2019, 06:22 AM
I haven't yet seen a 320 with an LCI other than the extractor claw bump.

EDIT: Out of sheer curiosity, what state do you live in? We got an M&P in at my LGS the other day with a pop-up LCI like an XD and we were curious about it, because it shipped with 17-rd mags, so it wasn't a Cali gun shipped here by mistake.

karam.19
04-24-2019, 06:25 AM

With this model, it’s on top.

karam.19
04-24-2019, 06:26 AM

EDIT: Out of sheer curiosity, what state do you live in? We got an M&P in at my LGS the other day with a pop-up LCI like an XD and we were curious about it, because it shipped with 17-rd mags, so it wasn't a Cali gun shipped here by mistake.

I’m in Ohio. All xcompacts have a LCI on the top of the slide.

Tamara
04-24-2019, 06:27 AM
Ah.

Sig & Smith are making Cali-compliant slides that are leaking into Free State guns.

BobRockefeller
04-24-2019, 06:48 AM

P320-M17s have them, too. I think they are now “standard” on newer X-Series slides.

karam.19
04-24-2019, 07:26 AM
I called Sig customer service. The rep said that simply removing the loaded chamber indicator would not impede the function of the firearm.

willie
04-24-2019, 07:44 AM
If the LCI protrudes into the sight picture view, then it must stuck up like an inflamed big toe. My PCR's have small LCI's that perturbed me at first, but now I accept the part and admit to liking the thing. Of course, the LCR is a non essential add on. The P38 of my boyhood had a LCI so I'm used to the concept.

JimLob65
04-24-2019, 08:04 AM
I own an X-Compact, a very nice pistol, and although I find that it isn't the most attractive LCI around I haven't noticed it while actually shooting it.