PDA

View Full Version : CZ 75 SP 01 steel guide rod?

Rmiked
04-08-2019, 07:24 AM
Can you simply install a stainless steel guide rod without replacing the recoil spring? I read somewhere that a flat wire spring might not work? I’m guessing the stock recoil spring is “ flat wire”? I do not yet own this pistol but close to buying it. Also, if you must use a round wire spring with steel guide rod, what spring rate will reliably fire harder primers? 15 lb? I shoot a lot of the Winchester NATO 124 gr ammo which seems to have harder primers. Thanks

Rmiked
04-08-2019, 08:27 AM
Can you simply install a stainless steel guide rod without replacing the recoil spring? I read somewhere that a flat wire spring might not work? I’m guessing the stock recoil spring is “ flat wire”? I do not yet own this pistol but close to buying it. Also, if you must use a round wire spring with steel guide rod, what spring rate will reliably fire harder primers? 15 lb? I shoot a lot of the Winchester NATO 124 gr ammo which seems to have harder primers. Thanks

My mistake above implying the recoil spring was related to light strikes. The article I read was related to ejection issues.

willie
04-08-2019, 08:51 AM
318-738-1464 is the phone number for Cajun Gun Works in West Monroe, Louisiana. These folks are one of America's premier CZ pistol smiths. It is a family owned business. Call. You will talk to the owner or his adult son(also an owner). Either will happily answer all your questions, and you can order what you need at this time.

Rmiked
04-08-2019, 10:16 AM
Thanks a bunch

Screwball
04-08-2019, 05:14 PM
It is due to the lack of give of the steel guide rod. You physically cannot put the steel rod in with a flat wire spring.

You can with the round wire spring.

revchuck38
04-08-2019, 08:08 PM
Rmiked - Not exactly what you asked, but the 15 lb. hammer spring works fine with the Winchester NATO spec ammo in my two 75Bs. It's my favorite training ammo.

Rmiked
04-08-2019, 08:44 PM
Rmiked - Not exactly what you asked, but the 15 lb. hammer spring works fine with the Winchester NATO spec ammo in my two 75Bs. It's my favorite training ammo.

Thanks. That was definitely something I wanted to know about hammer spring