PDA

View Full Version : Can't find a local Glock Armorer

WyoXd
03-21-2012, 06:12 AM
I've been trying, unsuccessfully, to find a local armorer to help me acquire the new 30274 ejector for my Gen 4 17. Mine is one of the earlier models that came with the original, unmarked RSA. I now have the latest iteration from Glock. It has always had crazy ejection, but the stovepipes have gotten more frequent as the gun has gotten more broke in. In fact, in the last 600 rounds I've had 14 stovepipe stoppages. (5 of those came while shooting the IDPA Classifier match on Saturday:mad:) The malfunction clearance practice has been great, but I'm getting a bit sick of it. Just wondering if anyone out there could help a fellow out?

JDM
03-21-2012, 06:33 AM
Do you have any GSSF matches in your area? There is an armorer at most of those as I understand it.

JeffJ
03-21-2012, 11:31 AM
It's my understanding that they are still not readily available to anyone outside of department orders or sending your gun back to Smyrna. I've got a couple on back order from Glockparts - they aren't expected to ship until early April.

WyoXd
03-21-2012, 05:01 PM
Do you have any GSSF matches in your area? There is an armorer at most of those as I understand it.

The nearest one I've heard of is about a hundred miles away, and I don't think it's held very often.

It's my understanding that they are still not readily available to anyone outside of department orders or sending your gun back to Smyrna. I've got a couple on back order from Glockparts - they aren't expected to ship until early April.

I thought I'd read that an armorer could acquire the ejector if he/she had the Serial # of the afflicted gun; not sure though.

JBP55
03-21-2012, 05:01 PM
I have placed 3 orders with Glock and installed the upgraded parts on a couple dozen pistols at no cost to the owners.