PDA

View Full Version : Texas Game Wardens - .40

Shotgun
04-05-2019, 12:04 PM
I was having fun at a charity shoot yesterday and several game wardens were in attendance with the Operation Game Thief trailer. One warden had some good stories, especially about several arrests made for poaching at the DFW airport. Hard to believe that people could think they would get away with shooting deer at one of the busiest airports in the U.S.

Anyway, to get back to the semi-auto forum, our (Texas) game wardens carry Glock 22s. But, word is that that department will soon be going 9mm as well.

Chuck Whitlock
04-08-2019, 08:47 PM
They've carried G22s for a long time, but I can see them following DPS.

Brian T
04-09-2019, 01:44 AM
One warden had some good stories, especially about several arrests made for poaching at the DFW airport. Hard to believe that people could think they would get away with shooting deer at one of the busiest airports in the U.S.

Deion Sanders was once arrested for poaching at DFW, fishing in one of the stock tanks. He is a bass fishing fiend and was/is known to keep bass rigs in his vehicles and hit up local stock tanks (old rock quarries) throughout the DFW area. He got caught at one on the SW side of the airport.

As for 4-legged animals, as an occasional Uber driver at DFW, I can tell you without a doubt there are some large deer in the airport, especially on the SW side, and up through Flower Mound along 2499. Lots of feral hogs too.

Archer1440
04-09-2019, 08:21 AM
Some stonking large mule deer around Salt Lake Airport as well.